USA Today contest--Name the new ships!

quercus alba

I haven't been able to enter even one...:(

Server Error in '/contests/contestentry' Application.

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

The statement has been terminated

I was also unable to submit entries...didn't like the 'verification' part.

Maybe too many folks are trying to submit at the same time.

Thanks for posting, tho! I'll try again at a later time.

Only for US and Canadians :(

I think they should be named as twins like:

Free & Style

Sunrise & Sunset

Waves & Tide

Air & Wind

Or maybe after the departing shuttles

Atlantis & Discovery

Something modern and representing the freestyle but avoiding RCI one like Freedom and Liberty...

Explorer and Discovery would go together..

Heart and Soul?

Lol...

I don't think you are correct on the winner's prize...

According to the USA Today article:

Norwegian's Cruising for Names contest, as it's being called, runs from today through Aug. 14 and the winners will receive a trip for two to the first ship's inaugural festivities.

I believe that the winner will receive tickets for two to attend the inaugural festivities, NOT tickets for two on the inaugural cruise.

Norwegian's Cruising for Names contest, as it's being called, runs from today through Aug. 14 and the winners will receive a trip for two to the first ship's inaugural festivities.

I believe that the winner will receive tickets for two to attend the inaugural festivities, NOT tickets for two on the inaugural cruise.

Read further down in the article Sharky:

The contest winners, to be announced in September, will receive a trip for two to the first ship's inaugural festivities, including the Christening Ceremony (date and location yet to be determined). The trip includes round-trip coach airfare for two, ground transportation, balcony cabin accommodations (double occupancy), on-board meals and all government taxes and fees.

from the link

The contest winners, to be announced in September, will receive a trip for two to the first ship's inaugural festivities, including the Christening Ceremony (date and location yet to be determined). The trip includes round-trip coach airfare for two, ground transportation, balcony cabin accommodations (double occupancy), on-board meals and all government taxes and fees.

The contest is only open to residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) 18 years of age and older. More information on how to enter and the official rules and details on the prizes is at cruisingfornames.usatoday.com

they were correct

Still have to disagree....Inaugural Festivities and Christening Ceremony does not mean a cruise. These events take place while the ship is docked...not underway. The EPIC was docked in NY for a couple of days for her Inaugural Festivities and Christening Ceremony.

I see nothing indicating that you will be onboard for the inaugural cruise...which takes place BEFORE the ceremonies mentioned above.

This should be renamed " today's frustrating exercise in futility"

Unable to enter at all. Keeps timing out...

I agree - one success in 10 attempts. I have moved on - probably wouldn't have won anyway:(

Still have to disagree....Inaugural Festivities and Christening Ceremony does not mean a cruise. These events take place while the ship is docked...not underway. The EPIC was docked in NY for a couple of days for her Inaugural Festivities and Christening Ceremony.

I see nothing indicating that you will be onboard for the inaugural cruise...which takes place BEFORE the ceremonies mentioned above.

Okay, so it may or may not be the "inaugural" cruise but they get a free cruise on a brand new ship!! That's cool.

Only for US and Canadians :(

I think they should be named as twins like:

Free & Style

Sunrise & Sunset

Waves & Tide

Air & Wind

Or maybe after the departing shuttles

Atlantis & Discovery

Something modern and representing the freestyle but avoiding RCI one like Freedom and Liberty...

Explorer and Discovery would go together..

Heart and Soul?

Lol...

Cruise and Critic?

That could mean, something like I did on Freedom of the Seas before it's inaugeral cruise. I did a one-nighter out of NYC when it was there for several days. That ship did (I think) 2 one-nighters and 1 one-nighter before heading to Florida and it's inaugeral cruise.

Just a thought.:rolleyes:

That could mean, something like I did on Freedom of the Seas before it's inaugeral cruise. I did a one-nighter out of NYC when it was there for several days. That ship did (I think) 2 one-nighters and 1 one-nighter before heading to Florida and it's inaugeral cruise.

Just a thought.:rolleyes:

I think they did the same thing with the Epic and the Carnival Dream. A one nighter by invitation only.

We apologize for an unexpected technical issue in not being able to enter the Cruising for Names contest. USA Today is experiencing a high volume of traffic on their entry site, please be patient as they are working to fix the problem as soon as possible. We look forward to reviewing your names!

We apologize for an unexpected technical issue in not being able to enter the Cruising for Names contest. USA Today is experiencing a high volume of traffic on their entry site, please be patient as they are working to fix the problem as soon as possible. We look forward to reviewing your names!

Thank you for the update on the temporary glitch. I'll wait until later in the day to send my ideas.

Since it is not open to those of us in other parts of the world I will pass on my idea to anyone who wants it..

What about "Ocean Class"

"Norwegian Pacific" and "Norwegian Atlantic"

Just a thought...................:cool:

Archived