Re: Upgrade Fairy

Majkman

Dear Upgrade Fairy,

I hope you come visit me VERY soon. I have been a very good boy. I clean up my room everyday, take my vitamins and say my prayers everynight. However, I don't know if and when you would visit if you were to. I see that all our cabins on the CB have been waitlisted or are N/A. I hpe that means that you are loading up your sled of goodies to drop off at all the good kids homes soon. Maybe if I had some petience and wouldn't check My Cruise Personalizer page 9 times a day or wait by the phone hoping my TA would call, perhaps the next 33 days wouldn't seem like I'm walking on fire! Sigh! Hopefully someone will share their Upgrade Fairy story with me, so I can pull the rest of my hair out! :)

Have a Great Day,

Andy

I've always checked my booking religiously as well.

Last year when going on the Ruby, I'd check pricing 2-3 times weekly. Anytime I'd see a price drop from $10-$50 I'd call my TA and req an adjustment in my price. And every time she'd call me back saying, "By the way, there's a same value upgrade for you in your category". Over the course of 6 months, we went Outide window obstructed -> unobstructed -> BF -> BG - > BC -> BB (And yes, I need to correct what my sig says)

I wish you luck ^_^

Not to put a let down on this, but it took me 25 Princess cruises before I received an actual upgrade, on my 26th Princess cruise.

But I agree, if ALL categories are waitlisted or N/A (N/A usually means that the category it is listed on will not suit your needs for the amount of passengers you have booked in the stateroom), I would still hope, but definitely not count on it. Best of Luck!

Don't give up hope.

Booked cheapo Cat. N June 29 on the Sea to Alaska on May 20 as a guaranty.

Checked Personalizer the Fri. before sailing and were assigned a Cat. J

Checked again on Mon. before sailing and had been upgraded to Cat. CC Deluxe Outside. Very nice surprise.

This was our 10th P cruise.

Good luck, you still have lots of time for good things to happen.

Joanne

Dear Upgrade Fairy,

I hope you come visit me VERY soon. I have been a very good boy. I clean up my room everyday, take my vitamins and say my prayers everynight. However, I don't know if and when you would visit if you were to. I see that all our cabins on the CB have been waitlisted or are N/A. I hpe that means that you are loading up your sled of goodies to drop off at all the good kids homes soon. Maybe if I had some petience and wouldn't check My Cruise Personalizer page 9 times a day or wait by the phone hoping my TA would call, perhaps the next 33 days wouldn't seem like I'm walking on fire! Sigh! Hopefully someone will share their Upgrade Fairy story with me, so I can pull the rest of my hair out! :)

Have a Great Day,

Andy

You are not an Aussie, as the Princess Upgrade Fairy does not like us Aussies. So you are in with a chance.

(I never had an upgrade in a dozen Princess cruises.)

And as for price adjustments, we don't get those either, the price you pay on booking, is the price that remains until cruise time.

We are on the Golden Princess with a group. They booked us in B501 Catergory BC. What is BC? Anyone have any info on B501?

The balconies are in categories BF, BE, BD, BC, BB and BA on the golden and mainly differ in location, size of the balconies, and if the balconies are totally covered, totally uncovered, or half covered.

BF is the lowest balcony category and BA is the highest. Your opinion of the best location may differ from Princess' opinion.

Out of 19 Princess cruises, three upgrades:

1. Booked 2 outsides, upgraded to 2 minisuite

2. No reason...at all. I had the travel agent mark my reservation "will accept upgrades". Well, it worked...that time.

3. Booked a guarantee balcony (BG), got a nice upgrade to Caribe balcony (BA)

As you can see, the reasons are varied. Good luck. At this point, you are due for an upgrade.

p.s. your post is cute :)

We booked an obstructed view cabin on CB June 09. Cabin was assigned and we were driving into NY City, 10 minutes before the Holland Tunnel when my wife's cell phone went off. It was the upgrade fairy offering us a balcony cabin!

Yes, our first cruise and less than 24 hours before embarkation and we got a call.

So, the moral of the story is, never ever give up hope! At worst you're going to have a great cruise! Have fun

Archived