embassy suites or hollywood beach area

taylorsmom

trying to decide between booking the embassy suites or doing a hotwire hollywood beach area 4* for may 2012..

can anyone help me with pros and cons to either, and can anyone give me an idea of what it would cost to get to ship from hollywood area..

i feel like it will be equal in price once we pay for transportation to ship...i just need help choosing...

we are a group of 5, my parents, my huband and our 5 year old...we will be spending 2 nights...

thanks for any help...

$25-35 cab fare from hwd beach to port.

pro hwd: The beach is nice in May, Diplomat is gorgeous is you get that hotel and their pool is great

pro embassy suites: free breakfast/happy hour, less cab fare, walk to more restaurants and wine store

We usually stat at the Embassy Suites on 17th and will be there in March of 2012. We like the area, and can walk to a number of good restaurants. The room will be two rooms, with the living room a pull out couch and the bedroom a regular bed. It will have one bath. They have a nice reception (free drinks, beer and wine) , and a good breakfast. The pool is nice (if the weather is good, and depending on the time of year that is hit or miss). It should be fine in May. The in house restaurant is quite good. A major improvement from a few years back. Chucks steak house across the street is nice, but it get crowded. There is also an Irish restaurant across the street. The outback is near, but it is inconsistent as to quality (once was good and several times a question)

There are several shopping center (strip malls) in the area, and a wine store near by. Many people like the wine store, as they fly in and want to bring wine on board to a Holland ship. Holland allows unlimited wine to be brought on board, and a few folks on these boards have given new meaning to the term "unlimited'

I have stayed in the Hollywood area, (although it has been a long time) and I think the Hollywood area I stayed in (The Diplomat) was more formal. I have no idea of rates in Hollywood. The Embassy is about $250.00/night

Well, I don't know if this answers you questions, but I hope it helps.

George and Louise in Sun City Huntley Illinois

We booked through Princess and Embassy Suites is the hotel they send us to. Transfers from the airport and to the pier are included. For our next cruise, for two of us for two nights it comes to $378, including taxes. We did the same thing this past January and were very impressed with the hotel and service. There is a manager's reception every evening with snacks and open bar. The restaurant was okay, but we're looking forward to having more time on our next trip to do more exploring of the area (last time we were only there for one night). The breakfast is really good, a standard buffet with a walk up counter for cook to order dishes. I've never stayed in Hollywood Beach, so I can't make any comparisions.

All 5 of you can stay comfortably in one room @ ES.

I love this hotel.

I stay at it every summer for one week, with a group I travel with.

After 5 summers, I still love the hotel.

That should say a lot!

It's a beautiful hotel.

I have stayed at a lot of hotels, all price ranges.

The ES FLL does a very good job.

PS. There is a nice sized grocery store @ a 5 minute walk, for picking up anything you might need!

Thanks to all who answered my question.

I meant to post this sooner we went with hotwire and got the westin

In hollywood. I know there is a convention in town the weekend

Were there and was a little nervous about his busy it will be.

So I figured Hollywood beach will be more

Laid back.

We have found that Homewood Suites is a good deal. May be a bit slow with AP pickup but it also includes an evening meal and breakfast. The rooms are plenty big.

that's a great hotel.....nice comfy rooms, clean, super nice staff, the dinner that is served m-thurs i think is usually really yummy...and the breakfast is really nice too!

helps to have a car unless you're just crashing, but i really liked it!

Thanks to all who answered my question.

I meant to post this sooner we went with hotwire and got the westin

In hollywood. I know there is a convention in town the weekend

Were there and was a little nervous about his busy it will be.

So I figured Hollywood beach will be more

Laid back.

Hollywood Beach is my favorite beach in Florida!

Archived