Ships w/decent water slides other than Disney Dream or Fantasy?

MadisonMom65

The Epic has a wonderful water slide (3 of them and each a little different). They have the "toilet" bowl on one of them. :D

norwegian-epic-pool-deck_1_.jpg

ncl_epic_pool_deck.jpg

There are other pool slides on various NCL ships...but they are not big like this one. Sorry, I only know about NCL. :) It's been years since I went on any other ship.

Yeah the Epic slides are at a whole different level than other lines. The Disney Aqua coaster really is nothing more than an elevated lazy river. Don't get me wrong it is cool as all get out but not a "coaster' by any means.

That 2nd pic is crazy! Searching for Epic cruises now....

Yea, someone on our roll call that we are really good friends with now (and planning a reunion cruise) loved the Epic Plunge so much that they went on it over 50 times (or more) while on the cruise. The people at the top knew them by name and said they broke a record for the most times someone had been on it. They went back on the Epic again (a few months ago)...and they still couldn't get enough of the Plunge (and I think she mentioned they actually remembered them) LOL :p

O My!!!! Are these photos from two different ships? I may need to start researching watersides a little more 'cause I am seriously wow'd!!!!:D

I don't know which Essiesmom took them on but Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic are the same ship class and the same HUGE water slides. :D So they would look identical.

Carnival Sensation: All of the Carnival Fantasy class ships that have the Evolutions of fun upgrades have this waterworks area

The Paradise and the Elation do not have the EoF upgrades.

They have a slide going into the lido pool

The Paradise and the Elation do not have the EoF upgrades.

They have a slide going into the lido pool

Yes, that's why I said all of the Fantasy class that have the Evolutions of Fun upgrades would have those slides. Paradise and Elation do not have those upgrades. EM

OK.....curious.....you've got a ship with maybe as many as 4-5K people on board......you have a LONG slide (like some of the great pictures)......assuming you cannot allow 2 people on the slide at the same time....usually at most waterparks they have to make sure it is clear at the bottom before allowing the next person......exactly how LONG do the lines for these slides get?.....and how many times would your child probably get to slide during an afternoon?

It seems to me that there are just too many people "at this waterpark" to make it much fun.

We haven't been on these particular ships but on the older versions my boys (who are waterpark / slide lovers)...gave up on the slides most days after one try.....they just didn't want to waste the afternoon.

Any opinions / experience?

Judy

What you'll find that most people on here tell you to do is when you first get on the ship before pulling out, have your bathing suit in your carry on bag and head for the slides (either before or after eating) because there never seems to be a long line.

When we were on the Epic, we never really had a long line ON at the times WE went. Our friends rode the plunge (the "toilet bowl") over 50 times.

You will find that when the ship is in port at any given stop, if you stay on board, you usually have the run of the ship to yourself. But I have to go into port to do things, so I can only go by what others have told me.

Another thing of course is going to be when you cruise. We cruise in September, after the kids go back to school, so there are less kids on the cruise. :)

I'd pick either Carnival Dream or Magic. The only difference between the two is that the Magic has a 300 gallon dump bucket! I have sailed Dream twice and had an excellent time both times! The slides are definitely fun, and not just for kids either. Definitely brought the inner kid in me out!! :)

Archived