Upgrade Poll - something different

Did you get a complimentary upgrade from RC in the past 24 months?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get a complimentary upgrade from RC in the past 24 months?

• I had never cruised before. I got an upgrade on my first cruise.
    • I had one RC cruise before & was upgraded on my 2nd cruise.
    • I had been on 2 RC cruises & was upgraded on my 3rd.
    • I had been on 3 RC cruises & was upgraded on my 4th.
    • I had been on 4 RC cruises & was upgraded on my 5th.
    • I was Platinum and was upgraded.
    • I was Emerald and was upgraded.
    • I was Diamond and was upgraded.
    • I was Diamond Plus and was upgraded.
    • I was Pinnacle and was upgraded. ;)
    • I was offered an upgrade but turned it down.

Diamond member at the time. Upgrade on Grandeur Sept 2010. Booked a JS upgraded to Royal Family Suite. 2 people...2 bathrooms & huge wrap around balcony:D:D

Now not sure if that upgrade came because of my C&A status or from the revenue dept.

Banner year last year on Radiance,

Nov 8th Bal to JS

Nov 28th Bal to JS

Dec 12th Guarentee Bal to GS

What can I say but the upgrade fairy was just a flutterying around.

I have noticed the fairy is has not been showing a present so much from the reports here.

Adding we are D+

When I read the benefits of being Diamond+ in my C&A booklet I see under “Cruise Planning Benefits” the statement that says “Complimentary space available stateroom upgrades on cruise vacations of 5 nights or longer” It does not say only after we have given all the upgrades to the first time cruisers. What am I missing here? Fill me in on who the revenue dept. is anyway? What I mean is how do they work? Do they control all the bookings and just look at the Boudreaux and decide who they call and give an upgrade to? Or is there some more to it than that? My point is this, we are set to cruise 8-28 and last week I checked their web site and there were 15 Jr suites, and about 8 GS still showing, today 37 days out there are only 3 Jr. suites and 2 GS left, either someone is getting great deals not shown on the web or they are giving upgrades away fast and furious. No, of course I did not receive one I after all am only Diamond+.

We are all big boys & girls, we can handle the truth. Would like for RCCI to tell it like it really is. Use to be when you did business with a Company you were able to take their word for what they said especially if it is in print. Guess that is no longer the case. They must think we are all so stupid we just won’t notice.

I would love an upgrade but as a person who needs the very few wheelchair accessibles, I know the odds are nil. As it is, we have to book the top class on the Freedom class as I want a balcony room that sleeps 3 which means 2 JS to choose from. My hope is that we could get upgraded from an accessible balcony on the Oasis class whenever we get around to trying it.

Upgraded on 2nd Princess cruise, minisuite to penthouse. Never on RC. Was hoping on our May Allure. We had a GS and there were 15 CL a SL and a aqua suite all available 2 weeks out. Then 1/2 were gone a week out, then they were all gone. We met two people that had D's and were gold members that both were upgrated to CL. The concierge said he's never seen GS upgrated to higher suites no matter what their C&A statue. usually d's sometimes JS depending on what guarantees they have to fill or what they can sell last minute. The CL's at $4000pp never seem to sell. Would be nice if they did what they say they do: start with D+ and only upgrade one super cat. Balcony to JS, JS to GS. I would think if I was higher on C&A I in my GS would be moved to CL, a JS moved to my GS, A D moved to JS etc. It would be more fair then moving someone who has paid alot less up 3or 4 catergories.

Looks like Nov/Dec on the Radiance is the best chance for an upgrade!

Still hoping for one, going on our 6th RCI cruise next month.. Fingers crossed although I know it is unlikely... I have been tracking it and they seem to be selling rooms cheaply to fill the ship, it would be a nice touch if they upgraded their repeat customers and then sold on our vacant rooms onto the last minute bookings. Just my thoughts..

D+ here and my one and only upgrade so far was way back in the last century;) on my third RCI cruise from Balcony to JS.

Nothing ever since, but then I have to say that I often book a higher category to begin with, so the air gets thinner to where to upgrade me to.

Disclaimer: I didn´t vote as it´s more than 24 mo. ago.

This poll is only for people who have received an upgrade.

And that upgrade has to be in the last 24 months, for the purposes of this poll.

I doubt that we will get all that many responses, because CC members don't seem to get most of the upgrades. ;)

For this poll, I also want you to participate if it wasn't YOU but someone in your immediate party, i.e., your parents got an upgrade.

Remember:

Within the past 24 months

You or someone for whom you have definite, verifiable knowledge of an upgrade

ON ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Please also add a post about what ship and month of the year it was

Thank you for your participation.

We have been offered an upgrade on a couple of cruises but, (and please don't take this the wrong way), but we usually select a higher category [owner's suite], so an upgrade would not be in our interests. How high can you go? We usually make our selection early enough to get the cabin we want; pay more, but get what we want. No need to hope for the upgrade fairy. Happy cruisin' all.

We booked a week before sailing (because I was not sure I could get off work - the stress drove me crazy!) and I watched a certain site that shall go unnamed so I could see what was left which was only balcony's but the RCI website was still offering inside grty and OV grty. So.....

Sernade out of San Juan, April 2010, Booked inside grty and was upgraded to Balcony. It was an obstructed view balcony but we were thrilled.

We are Diamond and this was our first upgrade. One point away from Diamond Plus. :D

E-Beth

I was upgraded on my 13th cruise. I got an upgrade from a Boardwalk Balcony on Oasis to a Grand Suite. Best cruise ever! :D

This was the April 30th 2011 sailing and I got the call on the 15th and I'm actually lucky I answered the phone since the caller ID showed "unknown caller". :eek:

January 2011, Voyager of the Seas, Diamond Plus, Double Upgrade. Travel agent called five days before the cruise to say that RCCL was offering to upgrade us from D1 to JS. We accepted, but during check in the agent left, looked confused, went to a supervisor, and the both came back to tell us we had been upgraded to a GS! We found out from the concierge (Israel...love that guy!) that Someone in an OS had canceled to the ppl in our GS were upgraded to OS, the ppl in our JS upgraded to the GS, and we were upgraded to the JS. THEN, the ppl in who had originally booked the JS wanted it back (she was handicapped and wanted that cabin as it was right next to the elevators) so we got their GS! All parties involved were D+.

Archived