Need help with timing question

We are looking to book a three nighter out of Miami in September and the best flight home is at 9:30 a.m. Our question is, is it possible to disembark in Miami and get to the airport in time (an hour and a half) before flight time on Monday morning or is it cutting it way to close? Thanks for your help!

We are looking to book a three nighter out of Miami in September and the best flight home is at 9:30 a.m. Our question is, is it possible to disembark in Miami and get to the airport in time (an hour and a half) before flight time on Monday morning or is it cutting it way to close? Thanks for your help!

You could make it, but it is very risky

You can do it...just be sure to tell them (about midway thru the cruise) that you have a VERY early flight. It might be best to carry off your own bags....that way, you'll be the very 1st group off. There will be taxis waiting to go to the airport.

MIA is only about 20 mins away...we've gotten to the airport by 8:30am, and that's with NOT carrying off our own bags!

Cutting it pretty close. We are D+ and we always do express departure on Majesty and the earliest we ever are off the ship is around 7:15. So regular express is going to be after the priority. If you are priority, would be cutting it close but you could possibly make it. If you cannot do priority, I would not chance it.

I would be very stressed in that situation. I always figure 20 minutes to get from the boat to the airport and then another 45 minutes for security and you just never know. I would feel better having at least 2 hours.

I would never book that close. I have been on a ship that hit the dock, got off at 10 am and Im VIP. I have been on a ship that hit the 3 month customs and stood in line for 2 hours to get off... etc.

Be sure and have a plan B if you take this risk. Im flying out that night because I would not personally risk my nonrefundable fare and take the chance of missing a morning flight.

Archived