More questions on White Pass Yukon Railroad!

CanWeGoYet?

I have a few more questions, trying to plan what tickets to buy for the white pass yukon railroad.

I am planning on buying tickets from the train station, not through the cruise line. If I buy round trip tickets, what are the options for how far to go? I mean within reason of course, I am in skagway from 7AM to 8PM.

I would prefer to start out around 9:30 or 10 instead of the moment I could get off the ship. I know one stop is Fraser, what would be the stop past that if I want to go into the Yukon?

Is there an option to get off the train, & have a lunch, look around & shop? If so which stop would be best.

How often do the trains run, and is it hard to get a seat on the water side? I have heard if you book with the cruise line, you don't get off the train & people have to switch sides to give everyone a seat on the preferred side going back. Is any attempt at this made for the trains that leave from the main train station? How early should I be at the station in advance of the train departing to get a good seat, if all the water side ones are taken when I buy the ticket - do they let you know / can you wait for the next one or are you SOL?

Cost of the round trips? Length of time involved, Fraser / summit or beyond for round trip?

Thanks so much for any help. It's confusing if you haven't been there or done that before!

The only thing in Fraser is the train stop. No town to look around. If there is an option for Carcoss, you could get off there for awhile. There are multiple bookings through the cruise line. The round trip to the summit is the one where you switch seats. The trips with another mode of transportation (one way) are the ones where the other tour either drops you off or picks you up at Fraser.

Not sure what the options are if you buy a ticket directly from the RR.

I have a few more questions, trying to plan what tickets to buy for the white pass yukon railroad.

I am planning on buying tickets from the train station, not through the cruise line. If I buy round trip tickets, what are the options for how far to go? I mean within reason of course, I am in skagway from 7AM to 8PM.

I would prefer to start out around 9:30 or 10 instead of the moment I could get off the ship. I know one stop is Fraser, what would be the stop past that if I want to go into the Yukon?

Is there an option to get off the train, & have a lunch, look around & shop? If so which stop would be best.

How often do the trains run, and is it hard to get a seat on the water side? I have heard if you book with the cruise line, you don't get off the train & people have to switch sides to give everyone a seat on the preferred side going back. Is any attempt at this made for the trains that leave from the main train station? How early should I be at the station in advance of the train departing to get a good seat, if all the water side ones are taken when I buy the ticket - do they let you know / can you wait for the next one or are you SOL?

Cost of the round trips? Length of time involved, Fraser / summit or beyond for round trip?

Thanks so much for any help. It's confusing if you haven't been there or done that before!

The only way you can get into the Yukon is to book a Lake Bennett package, one way train/one way road, or a combo rail/road tour from Fraser/White Pass, one way rail. http://www.whitepassrailroad.com has the schedules. Your tickets are for specific trains. There is no "stop" where you get out at Fraser, no shopping etc.

There is NO "water side", it is mountain and valley. From Skagway, you sit on the left. From Fraser/White Pass sit on the right. Get there 1/2 hour early and you won't have any problem getting the seat.

Archived