Sold out Studios on Epic

versuco

Anyone know why all the studio staterooms would already be sold out for 12/08/2012 on the Epic? Is there some kind of group or theme cruise we should know about? I asked my cruise consultant, but he did not know why all those staterooms were already booked. Thanks.

HI don't know if this helps but I went to book a cruise on Sept 29 2012 and all suites and studios were sold out, this was a month ago last week looked at same cruise and all the suites and studios were open. Maybe its a glitch my TA didn't know either what happened. Just keep lookin online

Might it be possible that TAs have snatched them up? When I booked my cruise, my TA had categories that were not available at NCL. He said that he reserves cabins as soon as they come out. I can't imagine why that particular sailing would be booked but not other dates though, so who knows.

Might it be possible that TAs have snatched them up? When I booked my cruise, my TA had categories that were not available at NCL. He said that he reserves cabins as soon as they come out. I can't imagine why that particular sailing would be booked but not other dates though, so who knows.[/quote

I guess that is a possibility, I hadn't thought about TA's grabbing up all the cabins in one category. I guess we are just a little worried that we might end up on a singles cruise:eek:!

I see you are sailing on the Epic this December. If you get a chance, post a review when you get back.

That's really weird. I just went to my TA's site and tried to book using them, it did not even give the option for a studio. :eek:

When you go on NCL's website, it shows studios sold out for 12/08/12.

They've been sold out since we booked in April. I've never seen a category sell completely out 20 months before sailing:confused:!!

When you go on NCL's website, it shows studios sold out for 12/08/12.

They've been sold out since we booked in April. I've never seen a category sell completely out 20 months before sailing:confused:!!

I know you said they were sold out on NCL's site. That's why I tried using my TA's booking to see what would come up...and it was the same. Sold out. (Since others mentioned that TA's might have grabbed a bunch of them up. My TA's office does a MASS volume of sales, so I thought if anyone had a chance of being one of the ones that grabbed some up, it might be them). :)

Might it be possible that TAs have snatched them up? When I booked my cruise, my TA had categories that were not available at NCL. He said that he reserves cabins as soon as they come out. I can't imagine why that particular sailing would be booked but not other dates though, so who knows.[/quote

I guess that is a possibility, I hadn't thought about TA's grabbing up all the cabins in one category. I guess we are just a little worried that we might end up on a singles cruise:eek:!

I see you are sailing on the Epic this December. If you get a chance, post a review when you get back.

I will try to do that!

I know you said they were sold out on NCL's site. That's why I tried using my TA's booking to see what would come up...and it was the same. Sold out. (Since others mentioned that TA's might have grabbed a bunch of them up. My TA's office does a MASS volume of sales, so I thought if anyone had a chance of being one of the ones that grabbed some up, it might be them). :)

I guess we will just have to wait and see what is going on. We were just curious. I have also done searches for theme and group cruises, but nothing is coming up for this date on the Epic. Thanks for checking your TA's site.:)

I think that the answer here is kind of obvious...

The world is "supposed" to end on Dec 21, 2012. I just figure that the cabins are selling out as everyone is trying to get in one last vacation before the world ends. ;):p

The studios are very popular - we have one for my mother for our unpcoming Epic cruise in Octobert and they are also sold out. We booked over a year ago, and the price never dropped - just kept rising. I hope the two new ships have studios also, they are perfect for one, or two or more friends wanting privacy.

For our thanksgiving cruise this year we needed one studio and they were sold out , so I had them hold a studio for us you just give them a 50. Deposit and if one comes open they will call you. I kept checking every day and saw one open I called and got it first because of the waiting list maybe this will help you.

• 2 weeks later...
With the studios no longer being sold to just solo guests, I wonder if people are looking at the studios as the new cheap room on the ship...

The per person studio rate is higher than per person inside so I could not understand why non solo cruisers would choose them over a larger inside..

With the studios no longer being sold to just solo guests, I wonder if people are looking at the studios as the new cheap room on the ship...

Studios were never intended for singles, NCL marketed them as rooms for hip couples, when they didnt sell, NCL changed them into solo friendly cabins.

As mentioned they arent the cheapest cabins on the ship for non singles.

Unless an agency is strictly doing a singles cruise, NCL doesn't allow agencies to hold more than 2 studio cabins. If they are strictly marketing a singles cruise, they will allow an agency to hold 10 - that is it.

Call NCL - many times you have to call to reserve a studio, can't do it online.

Archived