Can you still order a bottle of liquor for your cabin?

mafig

;) Actually, NCL’s wine policy is quite nice. You can carry on as much wine as you would like and pay $15 corkage fee per bottle. I have seen several CC members share that they brought a case of wine aboard.

My hope is that NCL will allow you to purchase liquor that is not on the "list.” I have no desire to smuggle anything aboard, but it would be nice if we had a desired brand of alcohol in our room. We will survive either way, but it could only add to the relaxation and enjoyment of the cruise.

I read in one of the threads where someone in an OS suite was able to request something that was not on the “list” through a conversation with their butler. Anyone have any luck through the official process (i.e., not smuggling) to acquire a desired bottle of liquor for their suite/room?

Holy Cow!!! Those are some VERY steep prices indeed!! I ordered a bottle of Beefeaters on my last Carnival cruise and it was $40...I thought that was kinda steep, but, it is what it is.....BUT $60??!! whoa...........

I agree, but I'm too old and cranky to deal with trying to smuggle stuff on board, and we like to mix a drink in our cabin. It was just easier to order it and pay the price, regardless of how steep it was.

I ordered a bottle of Crown Royal Special Reserve for our NCL Spirit cruise July 10-17.

It was my first time ordering a bar set-up, and have to say it lived up to to what I'd read on the boards - that it's convenient. I still ordered drinks while out and about.

At $120 for the Crown Royal, hubby was bound and determined to get our unfinished bottle into the overstuffed luggage for the trip home. It made it safely and awaits finishing.

You have to give a credit card number to order and it's charged when you call. Ask them to e-mail a confirmation and they will do that and print it out and take it with you, just in case it isn't in your room when you arrive.

I agree, but I'm too old and cranky to deal with trying to smuggle stuff on board, and we like to mix a drink in our cabin. It was just easier to order it and pay the price, regardless of how steep it was.

Totally Agree! I stopped trying to "sneak" booze in Flasks into Giants Stadium when I got a press credential several years back(thats for kids anyway). As for the Cruiseline Prices, JD is 83 bux a Bottle and they don't have any of my scotch brands, but it's still cheaper then ordering the drinks indivually...Although a liter is alot for just two people (like ME & DW) who "don't drink as much as we used to because of our health..." Still, we're on Vacation...:D

Bill(DrFootball)

("Striker 6-5 to Gopher 6 on the Ground, Duck & cover we're rolling in Hot! We got your fire Support right here..."

We're thinking about ordering the bar set-up for our upcoming cruise on the Epic. I'm wondering about mixers though? Are you allowed to bring pop onboard with you? If so, do you buy it before you leave home and then pack it in your checked luggage or do you buy it when you arrive at the port? Or is it just easier to buy a soda card?

Thanks for your help!

Does it matter what type of cabin you have to get a "bar setup"? I realize they aren't actually building you a bar, really just stocking your room. But if you had 3 inside cabins in the bowels of deck 4, are you just as likely to be able to order as someone with a balcony on deck 9?

;) Actually, NCL’s wine policy is quite nice. You can carry on as much wine as you would like and pay $15 corkage fee per bottle. I have seen several CC members share that they brought a case of wine aboard.

My hope is that NCL will allow you to purchase liquor that is not on the "list.” I have no desire to smuggle anything aboard, but it would be nice if we had a desired brand of alcohol in our room. We will survive either way, but it could only add to the relaxation and enjoyment of the cruise.

I read in one of the threads where someone in an OS suite was able to request something that was not on the “list” through a conversation with their butler. Anyone have any luck through the official process (i.e., not smuggling) to acquire a desired bottle of liquor for their suite/room?

If you are in an OS or higher, you actually get 3 bottles (6 if in the GV) included with your room. You pick those from a list which is shorter (at least the one that has been posted on CC) than the one shown above. This is where some people in the OS have been able to order something else.

As far as what room type you have, it doesn't matter if you want to order the bar setup. The only restriction I've ever encountered or heard of is on the POA which doesn't allow you to order a bar setup like the other ships. As far as what you actually get, you get the bottle and IIRC, maybe a little card with your room number on it or something along those lines. You order per the info another person posted above.

I just emailed groupeventgem again, emailed them my questions back on Jul 14th with no response, and checked my spam. I did include all my information in the body of the message. T his time I added sailing date and reservation number to the subject line as well.

Asking about a few bottle prices and whether or not about getting 24 beers pre-stocked in the cabin, if only to have them there to do a one-out/one-in replacement in the fridge.

I just emailed groupeventgem again, emailed them my questions back on Jul 14th with no response, and checked my spam. I did include all my information in the body of the message. T his time I added sailing date and reservation number to the subject line as well.

Asking about a few bottle prices and whether or not about getting 24 beers pre-stocked in the cabin, if only to have them there to do a one-out/one-in replacement in the fridge.

It normally takes them a few days before they get back from our experience.

It seems to be such a "down low" topic! I have never read anything about this on NCL's website, or any of their books. I emailed my personal cruise consultant at NCL, and he said to just tell him what I wanted with an order number from where ever I read about it, and after a credit card payment it would be waiting in my room for me. It will have save my bar tab on our next cruise. We will likely still buy some drinks, but we can have a couple in our room first!

• 2 weeks later...
This is from groupeventepic@ncl.com. I'm not sure if the list would be the same on other ships. Hope this helps!

Screen%252520Shot%2525202011-07-28%252520at%25252010.45.41%252520PM.png

Ordered my bar set up too. This price list is still the same I was sent the same pricing list from NCL for the Jewel.

I'm going to take mixers with me - gettin' 1 bottle scotch Glenfiddich for hubby and Smirnoff for moi! Plus taking on 1.5 litre of piazano with us!(yes $15 corkage fee but worth it)

Archived