World Club pins

Ab Ovo

"Mother of mercy ... is this the end of Rico?" Help! My eyes, my eyes ... still blue but failing? :eek: The World Club Platinum and Diamond pins look alike to me, to my colorblind eyes. Both pins look alike in color but the diamond placement is different. Someone please tell me where is the tiny diamond on the Platinum pin? :confused:

"Mother of mercy ... is this the end of Rico?" Help! My eyes, my eyes ... still blue but failing? :eek: The World Club Platinum and Diamond pins look alike to me, to my colorblind eyes. Both pins look alike in color but the diamond placement is different. Someone please tell me where is the tiny diamond on the Platinum pin? :confused:

I am not sure if the new pins have "diamonds" but on the old ones it's at the bottom for Platinum and the top for Diamond.

You may need to sit down before continuing......................it's not a real diamond!!!

I do hope that you are OK now that you know!

Ah, thanks! Yes, probably not diamonds on the pins, not even diamondrine or diamondite ... but the chip tells me which of the gray pins is Diamond, @ bottom, and Platinum, @ top. Thanks. Some day ;) I want to go to a ship ball wearing every Cunard pin I have, but in precedence. :rolleyes:

I am not sure if the new pins have "diamonds" but on the old ones it's at the bottom for Platinum and the top for Diamond.

Ah, thanks! Yes, probably not diamonds on the pins, not even diamondrine or diamondite ... but the chip tells me which of the gray pins is Diamond, @ bottom, and Platinum, @ top. Thanks.
Um...

:)

Interesting! I went to my pins and realised that I do not know which is which.

I have a "silver grey " coloured on with a "diamond" at the top. and a "gold /black" one with a "diamond at the bottom

Perhaps Capnpugwash can enlighten me which is which.

Commen sense tells me the silver grey is platinium and the gold is Diamond but perhaps that is too simple.

Interesting! I went to my pins and realised that I do not know which is which.

I have a "silver grey " coloured on with a "diamond" at the top. and a "gold /black" one with a "diamond at the bottom

Perhaps Capnpugwash can enlighten me which is which.

Commen sense tells me the silver grey is platinium and the gold is Diamond but perhaps that is too simple.

No idea I am afraid, I have a couple that look identical but I don't know what grade they are, as I never wear them I am considering turning them into cufflinks.

My gold-coloured pin with a red stone at the top is the World Club Gold.

My silver-coloured pin with a "diamond chip" at the top is Platinum.

And yes, I wear my Platinum pin on the ship because traveling solo I paid a lot of money for that pin and I enjoy the rewards I have earned such as Priority check-in, free internet and a disembarkation lounge.

Is it tacky? Maybe to some, but to me it represents some very, very pleasant days aboard the QM2.

Linda

No idea I am afraid, I have a couple that look identical but I don't know what grade they are, as I never wear them I am considering turning them into cufflinks.

You should do that.

Back when they gave out the small blue and gold pins every cruise (not "graded, we all got the same pins), I amassed a nice collection. They varied a bit from time to time, but I was able to find a matched pair for me and another matched pair for DH. Took them to the local jeweler, who cut off the pin backs and made earrings for me and cufflinks for DH. I wore my earrings to a WC party one time and the captin was impressed.

Archived