I need info on parking in New York at Pier 90

cricri7

Hi guys....I will be leaving in a little more than 2 weeks from now on the Veendam. For the first time, I am going by car with my family and will be needing to park in New York. We have 2 options in front of us...either park near the hotel and take a cab to the pier or take the car out of the parking at the hotel to go the Pier 90 parking. I have no idea what the parking at the Pier looks like. I tried to gather information online about the parking but there isn't much....I have a couple of questions:

*is it indoor?

*is there security?

*since you can't make a reservation, do you have to get there very early or do they have enough place for everyone?

We will be spending a couple of nights before the cruise and maybe 1 night after the cruise so is it worth the hassle of moving the car to save maybe 10$ a day since the parking at the Pier is usually cheaper than parking in New york in a garage where the price is usually around 40-45$.

I will gladly hear your opinion on this question:)

We parked at the pier for our June sailing on the Veendam. Very easy access. It was outdoor parking but seemed very safe. The charge was reasonable for NYC 210 for the week. Seemed to be plenty of parking spaces. We arrived around 10 am and had plenty to choose from. Very easy to take our luggage down the elevator and leave with the porters. Did see some porters loading luggage at the parking area but didn't need them so took our own down. Would drive into NYC again and park and sail. So much better than flying.

We parked at the pier in June. There were 3 ships that day--NCL Gem, a Carnival, and Veendam. The lot next to us was full. Ours filled by about 1 and people parallel parked in the roadway leading to the lot.

We considered leaving our car elsewhere but felt it more convenient to park at the pier.

I did not like the directions we got showing to make a U turn on the Henry Hudson parkway into the pier. There were 3 or 4 lanes of steady oncoming traffic and we were unable to get to the terminal exit. We went a little past that the second time and there was an exit ramp in which you circled under the parkway and were on the side road leading to the cruise terminal.

When you get there you can park and carry your luggage down or go first to drop off and then exit the terminal, go back on the parkway and turn around and come back. We thought the latter much easier.

Archived