Best spot in Wakiki (or anywhere on OAHU) to buy a fun Hawaiian dress!

jordans mom

I know, hey? Hilarious! We ended up buying a lot of stuff there from souvenirs to clothing, daily snacks, fruit, milk, mac nuts, etc. ABC is legendary. Ooof.

OP, I would suggest (and don't laugh....) Sears. We found Sears had the largest selection of Hawaiian shirts we've ever seen in one place, seriously. We were gobsmacked at the huge selection. Sears is in a huge, beautiful mall, too.

Ala Moana Mall

1450 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96814

That's what I was going to suggest. We always hit the Sears at the Ala Moana Mall if we're on Oahu. There are often excellent sales on the same designers that Hilo Hattie, resort shops, and higher end stores sell. Last trip, we got my hubby several new aloha shirts at Sear's for between $25 and $35 on sale. We saw the same ones--not similar, but the exact same one by the same designers--at Hilo Hattie for more than twice as much as we paid and at one of the resorts for even more than that!

Love Sears as the first and often only stop for aloha clothing. My only complaint is that some of the women's items say "wash cold, hang to dry or dry clean," but should say, "wash cold, hang to dry if you bought a size too large; dry clean if you don't want this one to shrink." Most times, I haven't had a problem, but a few times I've had to return some items we bought for me.

beachchick

I don't actually own a Hawaiian shirt, but while I’m there I’m going to buy one or two… It will be much cooler to say “Yes, I actually got this in Hawaii”.

I’m not a big souvenir shopper but on this cruise I only have to take a bus back from Vancouver to Seattle I’m going to actually buy some stuff.

It also occurs to me that I should adjust the clothes I pack since I'll be buying some...

I don't actually own a Hawaiian shirt, but while I’m there I’m going to buy one or two… It will be much cooler to say “Yes, I actually got this in Hawaii”.

I’m not a big souvenir shopper but on this cruise I only have to take a bus back from Vancouver to Seattle I’m going to actually buy some stuff.

It also occurs to me that I should adjust the clothes I pack since I'll be buying some...

You pack some underwear and tshirts to wear on the beach and willing to throw away and not take home again!

I always use to do that with kids clothes I know would not make it through their next season!

and I always make the older travelers dump the underwear - that way I get rid of it for good and more room in the bag - you would be surprised how much room you can free up if you are not taking back 2 weeks of underwear!

The Aloha Stadium swap meet is worth a trip. The selection is huge and the prices can't be beat. You might be surprised what you can find there for a great deal. We did most of our shopping there and never saw better prices anywhere.

Lots of good suggestions. If you don't want to leave the beach, the International Marketplace is good at night, and a Ross is opening in Waikiki (it looked close to opening when we were there in June.) Aloha Stadium is great but you can't try things on and it's time away from the beach. Another option is taking the Hilo Hattie free shopping trolley from Waikiki to their main store, walk two blocks to K-Mart, and then catch the return Hilo Hattie shuttle back to Waikiki. There is also a thrift store across the street from K-Mart that we check out first. Both the thrift store and K-Mart are good places for beach chairs, and other vacations items. I think K-Mart has some great Aloha wear. Have fun. Cherie

Archived