What hotel to stay at in Fort Lauderdale?

CruiseAwayWithMe

We are thinking of staying 2 -3 nights prior to the start of a the cruise and I want a nice hotel that includes breakfast. It would be nice if it had a pool too. I'd like there to be some shops nearby (within walking distance). Of coarse, I want the bed to be somewhat comfortable. Our last hotel we stayed in the beds were not.

What do you think of the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty Six?

Any other suggestions? Any deals?

Also, thinking around January 2012 maybe March 2012. Cruise is not booked yet but it is going to be soon.

Check out the Embassy Suites on SE 17th St. It is very close to Port Everglades. It is also within walking distance to Publix Supermarket, shops, restaurants, and liquor stores. I believe Embassy offers a free breakfast buffet every morning.

Plus one!

We are thinking of staying 2 -3 nights prior to the start of a the cruise and I want a nice hotel that includes breakfast. It would be nice if it had a pool too. I'd like there to be some shops nearby (within walking distance). Of coarse, I want the bed to be somewhat comfortable. Our last hotel we stayed in the beds were not.

What do you think of the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty Six?

Any other suggestions? Any deals?

Also, thinking around January 2012 maybe March 2012. Cruise is not booked yet but it is going to be soon.

Pier 66 does not include breakfast to the best of my knowledge. The only shops nearby are grocery, drug, office supply, Dollar Tree, and Ross, mostly close to a mile walk other than Walgreens.

The Stirling Rd hotels in Hollywood/Dania east of I95 are close to more stores and several chain restaurants. Check tripadvisor reviews on Hampton Inn, Homewood, and Hyatt Place south to see what the beds are like.

The hotels on 17th are certainly convenient for shopping and the cruise port. However, my preference has been to stay at one of the beach front properties for stays greater than one night. Breakfast may not be included, but this atmosphere really puts me in the vacation frame of mind. There's an ample supply and there are some reasonable prices, especially if you got the Priceline route. Marriott Harbor Beach is very good and there is a W. You can still get around by taxi easily, use the bus or even take the water taxi.

Mike

I really like Embassy Suites. I have also stayed on 17th st area. Its nice and very close to the cruise port yet its rather pricey. I got the Westin Diplomat on the Beach for 97 bucks a nite for Jan. through the "bidding site." I think for the price its worth the 25 dollar cab fare. I also think I am in a rather nice area. Good luck

Our favorite hotel at Fort Lauderdale is the Atlantic. It can be expensive, but when we can catch their "deals" (a $600 plus room for about $200) we'll specifically book the room for three days and then book a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. One quick taxi ride down the road and we're at the cruise terminal and it's the EASIEST embarkation that we've ever experienced. The extra few days before the cruise really stretches out our vacation, and that price for two adults and two grown children is a bargain. No meals included as it's not that kind of place, but there are plenty of places to eat at. Close to the water taxi to explore and shop and right out the door (and across the street) is a white sand pristine beach where we never see a piece of trash! Don't be shocked at their prices on the website ... call them to see when their special deals are running. Maybe you'll be in luck. If so, you'll love this place! check out the website. The hotel is even nicer than the site depicts. :)

Any cheaper options? It seems to be right around $300 a night a little bit less or more. Any places to find deals on them?

I just want a nice place to sleep, comfortable and maybe a few shops to walk close by.

I signed up for email notifications of sales from the hotel. That's how I got my super deal. But since you're looking NOW, I'd give them a call just to tell them that a "friend" of yours got an amazing deal and that you wanted to see if they were offering anything so you could try them out. They're pretty cool there. If they don't have any specials, they'll let you know and won't mind the inquiry. Good Luck.

FYI ... we also stayed at the Doubletree down the street and one block off the ocean, but on a canal. Super good price, loved the little canal front bar and chaise lounges in their little sand beach on the canal and it was a short jog over the bridge to the ocean front where we jogged up the waterfront (in front of the Atlantic!) and back. Kids loved the fact that it was almost in the parking lot of a mall there, and across (kitty corner) from a CVS, Starbucks and little bakery/cafe. The address of this hotel is: 2670 East Sunrise Boulevard

Fort Lauderdale, FL

United States, 33304

Tel: 954-565-3800

Fax: 954-561-0387

You might give them a try too. I'd say for the buck, it was a pretty good deal and we'd definitely return. Of course it's not the Atlantic but ... a good deal for sure.

The hotels on 17th are certainly convenient for shopping and the cruise port. However, my preference has been to stay at one of the beach front properties for stays greater than one night. Breakfast may not be included, but this atmosphere really puts me in the vacation frame of mind. There's an ample supply and there are some reasonable prices, especially if you got the Priceline route. Marriott Harbor Beach is very good and there is a W. You can still get around by taxi easily, use the bus or even take the water taxi.

Mike

That one costs around $450 a night :eek:

I signed up for email notifications of sales from the hotel. That's how I got my super deal. But since you're looking NOW, I'd give them a call just to tell them that a "friend" of yours got an amazing deal and that you wanted to see if they were offering anything so you could try them out. They're pretty cool there. If they don't have any specials, they'll let you know and won't mind the inquiry. Good Luck.

FYI ... we also stayed at the Doubletree down the street and one block off the ocean, but on a canal. Super good price, loved the little canal front bar and chaise lounges in their little sand beach on the canal and it was a short jog over the bridge to the ocean front where we jogged up the waterfront (in front of the Atlantic!) and back. Kids loved the fact that it was almost in the parking lot of a mall there, and across (kitty corner) from a CVS, Starbucks and little bakery/cafe. The address of this hotel is: 2670 East Sunrise Boulevard

Fort Lauderdale, FL

United States, 33304

Tel: 954-565-3800

Fax: 954-561-0387

You might give them a try too. I'd say for the buck, it was a pretty good deal and we'd definitely return. Of course it's not the Atlantic but ... a good deal for sure.

It doesn't have to be now. I'm looking for like January 2012 or March 2012. I'm just trying to get an idea. :)

looking for like January 2012 or March 2012.

That will probably be a high price time in most hotels due to spring break, etc...

Embassy suites is our favorite...try the code below in the corporate line when booking and see what rate you get...

MVP Hampton®, Doubletree® and Embassy Suites® hotels

Corp.

We are staying overnight early Feb. Another member put me onto last minute travel dot com. I found a Springhill Suites (I believe this is a Marriott property) for $115. It is like hotwire where you don't know who the hotel is, but the thing is they tell you the area, Dania Beach, how far from the airport and give photos, so you if you compare the photos from their website and the actual hotel you can pretty much match them up. On line the best rate for the property was a base of $239 so I am very happy. Just a thought...also they do have a BJ's warehouse right across the street where you can grab your wine to take onboard. Also a number of chain type restaurants. But I think we are going to grab a cab that night and go to the German restaurant about 4 miles away, it was so good and the decor was a hoot! Hope this helps, Lydia

That will probably be a high price time in most hotels due to spring break, etc...

Embassy suites is our favorite...try the code below in the corporate line when booking and see what rate you get...

Corp.

0560041604 You enter in the offer codes, right? Are there any other offer codes for other hotels? Thanks, I will try it.

I'm actually going March 5th so the hotel date I'm looking at is March 4th, maybe March 3 and March 4th.

Also, is it better to be on 17th street? Do you have a view of the cruise ships from there?

I was wondering about Priceline.com too, they offered up to a 3 night hotel stay for free. I don't know what the conditions are, but they charge $25 processing fee and I could never get past the credit card to see what hotels they actually offer and how long.

I read on 17th street that you can take the water taxi? Has anyone tried that?

Corp.

we are going 1st weekend in Dec

Embassy is full

we used this at the double tree, gave me a rate of about 20 bucks less

what is this MVP rate? can anyone use it? I would like to be able to speak intelligently if asked about it. Thanks

We always take a redeye flight from the westcoast & get in around 8am.

One thing I really like about Marriott & Hilton properties is that they always let you check in when you arrive if there is a room available.....there always has been for us.

Some other hotel chains are just snotty & will say....checkin time is 3pm !

I also chose the Courtyard this time for location. It is only a few miles from the airport & cruiseport located right on Seabreeze Blvd.

We really like to take the Jungle Queen dinner cruise the night before our big cruise.

The Jungle Queen is also on Seabreeze Blvd. only 4 blks away.

We are going in a few weeks and are paying about $140. for a king suite & that also includes breakfast. Think we got a 3a discount.

Archived