LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Very pleased, and relieved, to report that the first night was a great success. Just winding down now with a drink of low cal hot chocolate. See, I know how to 'party'.

Fiduea is great, can be a bit antisocial though as it usually served with a dish of garlic mayonaise to spoon on top. One of my favourites though, I had it in June when I stayed on the Costa Brava.

Corinne

Very pleased, and relieved, to report that the first night was a great success. Just winding down now with a drink of low cal hot chocolate. See, I know how to 'party'.

Fiduea is great, can be a bit antisocial though as it usually served with a dish of garlic mayonaise to spoon on top. One of my favourites though, I had it in June when I stayed on the Costa Brava.

Corinne

Glad to hear that your 1st night went well Corinne, now you can relax or at least rest easier!

Glad all went well CORINNE for your first night... how many nights is this running...

Checking into the I PAD2 I am wondering if I could type on it... I need to go to the Apple store to try them out..

Larry I ready you bought one, what do you think, and Joyce how you getting on with yours?

Sherry, Im sure you can type on an Ipad, its no problem. I do probably go a bit slower but its not an issue. My problem is that our netbook is about the same size as our Ipad and it has more USB ports and a slot to save our pictures. It also works with Magic Jack. I did see a skype app for the Ipad today so that might replace Magic Jack.

Question for the past RCL cruisers, are there enough plugs to recharge all our electronics or should we bring a power strip? Do they have wi fi in the rooms?

Corinne, glad the first show went well. Congrats.

Donna

Edited by kylea_s

JOYCE how are you doing... hope the pain has eased up

I was checking my reservations and I have Chops for 7.30pm on the 29th was that right, for some reason I thought it was 7pm...

I will have to change one of my shows I booked for that night 9.30pm will not work

yes I think we had 7:30 but will check tomorrow. I know we are not together and have to go in together and change that to one table.

Joyce I will be happy to pick up a box of Sees Lolly Pops for you.. I am planning on bringing 2 of the large PUMPKIN SPICE if you want a box maybe I'll get the 3rd box in the original Carmel and split some of each.. You can pay me on the ship.. It's almost to late for snail mail..:D

Ok thank you so much. I would so appreciate that.

Joyce

Glad to hear your elbow is doing a little better..

JOYCE.....So glad you are doing well enough to join some of the LOST-ies this evening! Keep up the good work. BTW, check out your malls during Xmas, as around here, Sees Candy often pops up at mall kiosks at that time. Those are some yummy chocolates.....:D

Yes I do see SEES at the holidays in the malls. Too long to wait.:eek:

If your lucky enough to be in a suite or D+ there is no need to reserve any of the shows.

George thanks for reminding.me of that. I know suites have priority seating, bot diamond plus also for

Joyce, hope you are feeling better and that the pain is lessening

Thanks Marilyn a little less pain. Seems we might need a special section for the wounded. Please send best wishes to Geoffrey for a speedy recovery. The sea air will help speed recovery.

Joyce

Joyce - how's your recovery coming along?

Mhairi

Joyce, glad to here you are on the mend & Jerry is taking good care of you.

he has done a fabulous job!

Checking into the I PAD2 I am wondering if I could type on it... I need to go to the Apple store to try them out..

Larry I ready you bought one, what do you think, and Joyce how you getting on with yours?

Love it! Typing right now with two finger on my good hand. This was my saving grace this past week. Very easy to type on it because keys are large.

Joyce

Mhairi,

Sorry answer did not show up on last post. I am getting there slowly. Tomorrow the stitches come out and hope my left hand gets feeling back into my fingers. That is very annoying on top of the other pain.

Meanwhile out of work until November 22. I am fortunate I still have 8 1/2 weeks sick time banked. Used 6 weeks last January when I broke my left wrist while on a cruise excursion.

Joyce

JOYCE isn't this the same arm... what is it with you and broken limbs..you will have to be more careful..

Let us know how you get on tomorrow it should help having the stitches out.....we can just call chops and tell them we want to sit together shouldn't be a problem

Sherry, Im sure you can type on an Ipad, its no problem. I do probably go a bit slower but its not an issue. My problem is that our netbook is about the same size as our Ipad and it has more USB ports and a slot to save our pictures. It also works with Magic Jack. I did see a skype app for the Ipad today so that might replace Magic Jack.

Question for the past RCL cruisers, are there enough plugs to recharge all our electronics or should we bring a power strip? Do they have wi fi in the rooms?

Corinne, glad the first show went well. Congrats.

Donna

Hi Donna, in our cabin we've found 2 US type 120v power outlets at the right hand side of the counter and 1 220v European round power outlet to the left.

5635150433_c306cc5b7e.jpg

As we never have everything plugged in at the same time, we find these enough. However, obviously we can use the European 220v outlet in addition to the 120v outlets as our appliances can use 220v.

We normally only have an iPod, Netbook and battery charger for the cameras to charge up. As we don't have our phones switched on so that we don't incur roaming charges we find we rarely have to recharge these.

Edited by peteukmcr

TGIF

Have a great weekend everyone. For some it's the last weekend at home before the big adventure (Karen), for others just one more weekend after this (Sherry and others doing the 22nd Liberty sailing) and for most of the rest of us just another 2 weekends after this and then we'll be heading to Barcelona.

Coming up fast now!

Edited by peteukmcr

'Morning/Afternoon everyone!

CORINNE.....Congrats on the show! You've worked very hard and deserve to enjoy the success that no doubt the entire cast and crew has earned.

JOYCE....Hope you are doing OK and that every day finds you feeling better.

MARILYN.....Sending good thoughts to Geoffrey. Please let us know how he is doing.

As PETE mentioned, this is our last weekend at home. We fly out Monday. I'm excited and nervous (don't love to fly--especially long haul flights,) and looking forward to meeting you all on the ship.

And to my Jewish friends here, I hope you have a good Yom Kippur, an easy fast, and and joyous break fast with family and friends.

Edited by KeywestK

Good Morning... thought I would come by here and say hello. I just feel so far behind. It sure didn't help that CC created a 3rd version of the other thread.:eek:

First had an awesome cruise on Allure one of my best ever!!

Pete wanted to say I met John Trodden and he mentioned having sailed with you before.

Hope to get my act together soon with so many things left for me to do

Have a great day and weekend!!

T G I F..............

Joyce good luck today............

Corrine good job on your show.

Emmy HI, glad you dropped in.

HOPE U all have a great week-end..............

JOYCE have a safe trip and see you at the HOTEL!!!!!

Geoffrey thanks you all for your good wishes - just about to leave to drive him to hospital.......

Cooking and prep all done for tomorrow night's after the Fast meal. 15 of us, so we should have a good night.

Joyce, hope you feel better when the stitches are out......

An easy Fast for those who are fasting.

Pete wanted to say I met John Trodden and he mentioned having sailed with you before.
Hi Emmy, yes I knew John was sailing on Allure at the same time as yourself. We sailed with them on Freedom in 2009 and actually they were our cabin neighbours and tablemates.

This are 2 of my favourite photos of us all together. One just before dinner on formal night and the other later on the same evening!

6220358218_2b1d0f4b79_z.jpg

6220362948_8148c71326_z.jpg

Hi Emmy, yes I knew John was sailing on Allure at the same time as yourself. We sailed with them on Freedom in 2009 and actually they were our cabin neighbours and tablemates.

This are 2 of my favourite photos of us all together. One just before dinner on formal night and the other later on the same evening!

Great photos thanks for sharing. :)

He did tell me you were neighbors on Freedom. Did you see and John & Mark I believe is his partner on the sail away video that Port Fever did? I have them in the photos as well that Lou took but have yet to get them 'cleaned up' to send or post.

There were so many people on that deck 11 I did not realize who was there until I watched the video.

Any webcams for Barcelona?? lol

Great photos thanks for sharing. :)

He did tell me you were neighbors on Freedom. Did you see and John & Mark I believe is his partner on the sail away video that Port Fever did? I have them in the photos as well that Lou took but have yet to get them 'cleaned up' to send or post.

There were so many people on that deck 11 I did not realize who was there until I watched the video.

Any webcams for Barcelona?? lol

No Emmy I did not catch them on the Port Fever video which is a shame, as you say though so many people on deck.

I don't believe Patrick has found a decent webcam of the port of Barcelona as he was looking for when we sailed on Liberty earlier this year. There are Barcelona webcams, but not of the port, nor of the quality of Port Fever.

JOYCE isn't this the same arm... what is it with you and broken limbs..you will have to be more careful..

Let us know how you get on tomorrow it should help having the stitches out.....we can just call chops and tell them we want to sit together shouldn't be a problem

Yes same arm. It is called klutzism!

Agree we can call or I will walk in after Lunch.

Wishing also all those that fast an easy one. May everyone be inscribed in the book of life for this coming year.

Marilyn is Warren coming for break the fast?

Joyce

Yes same arm. It is called klutzism!

Agree we can call or I will walk in after Lunch.

Wishing also all those that fast an easy one. May everyone be inscribed in the book of life for this coming year.

Marilyn is Warren coming for break the fast?

Joyce

No, Joyce, not Warren and Doreen - but lots of others!

What a nice looking group!