LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

This is the continuation of the Roll Call for LGBT LOS 10/29/2011.

Members: Please let me know if there is any important message/information that you want me to list in this first post and I will add it here.

You may continue on with your roll call starting in this new thread. Please feel free to copy over any important information from your old roll call and post a reply with that information to this thread.

Thank you

Edited by Help@

This is the continuation of the Roll Call for LGBT LOS 10/29/2011.

Members: Please let me know if there is any important message/information that you want me to list in this first post and I will add it here.

You may continue on with your roll call starting in this new thread. Please feel free to copy over any important information from your old roll call and post a reply with that information to this thread.

Thank you

Hi How long will the old thread be available for those who do not post frequently and may have it as a subscription?

Ok, in my head I had 13 people who needed transfer to the pier from the hotel but in my email I only have the following people, so I you mentioned it on the roll call thread please email so I can keep you on my list and have an accurate count at hilljcolby at gmail dot com.

Van list

Hillary (me) hillcruiser74

Stan and Pat

Darlene & Larry Hornstein

Ruth Schacht & Avrom Pearson

Kay and spouse (sorry didn't know his name)

Thanks,

Hillary

Well blow me down! I was away for a few hours and you moved!

Have just spent the afternoon driving on the private roads of Windsor Great Park as part of our Holiday at Home for the Seniors. We were given advance permission to access parts of the park not open to the public. Stunning, with the most wonderful looking cricket ground. There is a 'Village' of homes for those who work in the park and at the Castle. We finished off with a Cream Tea at Savill Gardens, on the edge of the Park.

http://www.theroyallandscape.co.uk/

Incidentally, it is 82F, 28C, here today, very warm for us.

Corinne

Can you believe we got tooooooooooo big, who would ever have thought when this RC started that this would happen....that's because we 'chat' so much LOL....Hope everyone else finds us or we truly will be 'LOST'

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HILARY.....enjoy your day.

I have the same problem on airline weight... I am allowed 50lbs going to London but from London to Barcelona we are going EASYJET which has a lower allowance...we already know our suitcases will be around the 50lb mark so have prepaid the excess baggage with Easyjet so hopefully we will be okay...

I was thinking a week should be long enough. Let me know if you think that is long enough for those members.

Thanks

Hi Jenn, unfortunately as some of the original members including those that created the thread, don't post that often I don't think one week is sufficient, but I doubt there's much that can be done about it. Such a shame to lose people when the sailing is only just over 12 weeks away.

Oh my, I may just be a toad lurker loitering in the wings, but it was really scary when I couldn't find your new place. Well, phew! I hopped and hopped and found you. Okay, Petah, back to crossing all webbys. Welcome to your new home.

I learned of the move this morning, I only wish the offer to retrieve information from our Main Roll Call on the other thread was given to us. We were told it was being archived and only our individual Posts would carry over.

Yo Beej, always a pleasure to see you hopping about:).

Happy Birthday Hillary, hope you have something special planned.

Mathew our friend Bill is still with us, and John had met with his Attorney for the changes and also his bank to have us put on his Acct. John will see Bill today along with a Notary to have him sign the document and be notorized which the bank needs so they can add us to his accts. We need to do this ASAP, as he is having trouble signing legibly.

Dee is scheduled for surgery on the 4th and doing well. Thank you for asking.

Gay

Karen I read on our thread that has now disappeared that you were thinking of booking an inside cabin on the Eclipse. We have done the same for this 7 nighter we booked after the LOS. We have booked cabin 3172...we saw it on our Equinox cabin crawl and thought it look great, very spacious and well laid out and the couple occupying it just loved it...check out the deck plan and see what you think...we are really looking forward to it (and I'm usually a balcony girl by choice;))

Sherry, we can just fit in with your plans, we're retired:D:D

Happy birthday Hillary:)

Sue

Found you!!! ,,, But I'm worried about my

92 Bottles of Rum still on the Wall,,:p:eek:

Hope it finds it way over here..;)

OMG Lar I totally forgot about that!!!!

THANKS for finding it!

Sue, I checked out the deck plan. A great location, right near by the Grand Foyer. Is it larger than the average inside cabin? On many ships the insides seem to vary greatly in size. On our Navigator TA, the friends we made on that cruise had an inside that was really cramped and I think regretted it. Personally, although we love balconies and a JS as a treat on a Repo, I don't mind an outside, but can't bear not having daylight.

Incidentally, that couple, John and Mary, became good friends, sailed with us on the Eclipse TA last year and even stayed at our house pre-cruise for 3 nights. They are due to take this one too. :)

Corinne

86 bottles of Baileys on the Wall

Well here we are over here now. Peter we have joined the ranks of the unemployed. Jerry is retired but does consulting for a company he worked for 10 years ago. He was told today they were merging with another company and they had a Latin American division and sales force already and he was being terminated. As an independent consultant he is not entitled to unemployment. This now changes our living style completely. Thank goodness I do not have to cancel this cruise as it is all paid for and I will not cancel next years TA either I hope. What I might cancel is our B2B on the Serenade in the Caribbean with our traveling friends and take my Visa points and do a free week on the Allure instead. However I have time to work that out. In the meantime I have the house to consider which is our primary concern.

"I am Woman", I will prevail:(

Now there is a storm heading our way. We are in the "cone of uncertainty" By weekend it will be a tropical storm if not a hurricane. We are leaving for Tampa on Thursday and I plan on staying if it hits here. The worse part is due to the high cost of hurricane insurance here, I have a $10,000 deductible. I am hoping for the best here and looking for my hidden stash of valium:D

So if anyone has any special link to the higher powers a good word would help now.

I could use some of that Baileys right now!

Joyce

Joyce: So sorry to hear your bad news...Hopefully the storm will not be a destructive one in South Fl.

I agree with you about using your Visa points for the Allure, the Oasis was amazing and friends of ours that sailed with us on Oasis were on the Allure this past May and loved the ship...

Guess you will have to bear the burden of "Brun Hilda" a little while longer...

Have a safe trip to Tampa...

Joyce: So sorry to hear your bad news...Hopefully the storm will not be a destructive one in South Fl.

I agree with you about using your Visa points for the Allure, the Oasis was amazing and friends of ours that sailed with us on Oasis were on the Allure this past May and loved the ship...

Guess you will have to bear the burden of "Brun Hilda" a little while longer...

Have a safe trip to Tampa...

Thanks Jill. Yup will have to keep working although I figure because of insurance, and gas I bring home about $300 week. Social security is more than that. Just have to figure in the next 1 1/2 how to get good medical insurance for Jerry and myself. I am not the problem, he is.

There is always a way and I am determined to find it. The Allure is starting to look real good. We did the Oasis also last year and I liked it a lot. Playing the waiting game until I know for sure.

If the storm hits Saturday I will be in Tampa. If it hits Sunday I will wait it out until it passes before coming home. I will tell my boss the same thing., I am not driving home in a tropical storm on Sunday. The "Cone" doesn't look like it includes the Tampa Bay area. Although I have been forbidden to come during hurricane season when one is out there because it always follow me. Well I think I will go relax with some TV.

Later everyone.

Joyce

Oh Joyce no more bad news that is terrible....this sucks...just shows one never knows what is around the corner...and now a storm heading your way.... stay safe....

SUE we will make arrangements closer to the date...e-mail me your phone number....to think by the time we board we will be long lost friends :D

Went to see the movie Horrible Boss's. how appropriate with all what is going on... if you see the movie, don't get any ideas LOL