LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Found you. (Thanks Peter)

Had a busy weekend and last couple of days having work done on the flat, there was a big area of wasted space on one of the balcony's which I had glazed in and a glass door put on all in obscure glass this now gives me a great storage area for luggage, christmas tree, usual stuff that takes up space, next project is having glazing put round the outside of the balcony's in smoked perspex/acrylic to give me a bit of shelter and a little degree of privacy.

Still have a couple of things to arrange for this trip :eek: need a hotel for 20th Nov when I come off Allure + Car but can't decide Ft Laud. or Miami as I want to do some Christmas shopping (kids clothes) but fly home from Miami, so do I do Sawgrass or Aventura :)

Joyce so sorry about your news.

Found you a business oportunity that could work with the elderly residents of Fl.

2814738550069717818S500x500Q85.jpg

At $300 an hour money to be made.

ok naughty corner here I come :D bunk over Sherry and Beej.

George, what a great picture. Stay comfy in the NC.

Joyce, if you'll pardon the pun, it never rains, just pours. On top of Jerry losing his job now Emily looms. I do hope your house stays safe and sound.

Corinne

86 bottles of Baileys on the Wall

Well here we are over here now. Peter we have joined the ranks of the unemployed. Jerry is retired but does consulting for a company he worked for 10 years ago. He was told today they were merging with another company and they had a Latin American division and sales force already and he was being terminated. As an independent consultant he is not entitled to unemployment. This now changes our living style completely. Thank goodness I do not have to cancel this cruise as it is all paid for and I will not cancel next years TA either I hope. What I might cancel is our B2B on the Serenade in the Caribbean with our traveling friends and take my Visa points and do a free week on the Allure instead. However I have time to work that out. In the meantime I have the house to consider which is our primary concern.

"I am Woman", I will prevail:(

Now there is a storm heading our way. We are in the "cone of uncertainty" By weekend it will be a tropical storm if not a hurricane. We are leaving for Tampa on Thursday and I plan on staying if it hits here. The worse part is due to the high cost of hurricane insurance here, I have a $10,000 deductible. I am hoping for the best here and looking for my hidden stash of valium:D

So if anyone has any special link to the higher powers a good word would help now.

I could use some of that Baileys right now!

Joyce

Joyce, so sorry to hear your news, I know exactly what you're going through. To have to contend with a storm too. Positive thoughts from here in the UK.

I go away for the weekend and you all move!

Think I've fully recovered from my Rewind Weekend @ Scone Palace - loads of acts from the 80's - It was brill - Billy Ocean was the hit of the weekend. Once I've uploaded all my photos onto Facebook I'll put on a link.

Peter - How did things go on Friday??

Mhairi

Think I've fully recovered from my Rewind Weekend @ Scone Palace - loads of acts from the 80's - It was brill - Billy Ocean was the hit of the weekend. Once I've uploaded all my photos onto Facebook I'll put on a link.

Peter - How did things go on Friday??

Mhairi

Hi, I'm still employed at the moment. Had the interview for the only alternative role here at my current empoyers yesterday. Waiting for the decision but nothing to do so sat here checking out CC!

Sat in the garden having coffee this morning. It was so pleasant I took a photo of all the greenery. Unfortunately I can't seem to upload it. I have managed this once before but not on this pc and I am not sure if I am trying to do it correctly.

Any hints?

Corinne

Mhairi

Mhairi, Billy Ocean lives (or used to, a few years ago) near us in Surrey. His son played cricket with our boys at Bagshot when they were teenagers. He used to come and watch, and always looked a little exotic with his dreadlocks. Little did I know that my older son would have blonde dreadlocks for two years in his early twenties. ;)

Corinne

Found you!!! ,,, But I'm worried about my

92 Bottles of Rum still on the Wall,,

Hope it finds it way over here..

OMG, that is so funny. Musn't loose sight of priorities, I always say.....;):D

Karen I read on our thread that has now disappeared that you were thinking of booking an inside cabin on the Eclipse. We have done the same for this 7 nighter we booked after the LOS. We have booked cabin 3172...we saw it on our Equinox cabin crawl and thought it look great' date=' very spacious and well laid out and the couple occupying it just loved it...check out the deck plan and see what you think...we are really looking forward to it (and I'm usually a balcony girl by choice)

Sherry, we can just fit in with your plans, we're retired

Happy birthday Hillary

Sue [/size']

SUE.....Thank you for this information. MARILYN and I spoke the other day after she read my post and also gave me great info about the Eclipse. We are planning to book it while we're on the Liberty. Initially we will book an inside cabin because this is a very pricey cruise (14-nights in February!) and if prices go down at a later date I will try to upgrade us to at least a window cabin.....would love a balcony, but it may be out of our reach.

JOYCE.....OH NO!! I'm so sorry to learn this about Jerry's job. There's just been too much bad news lately, and I'm sending you and Jerry lots of positive energy and I hope you will just take deep breaths--breathe in and breathe out. And I hope the storm turns out to sea. I hate to think of all my FL friends in harms way.

GAY....Sending positive thoughts and energy your way too for your friends.

Looks like one by one everyone is finding our new home.

Joyce, so sorry for what is going on. For everyone in the wake of Emily, pleez be careful and be safe

George, only you could find that massage. Now, the question is, Hmmm, how to put it. Oh, heck you know what the question is. Hope your stool was kept warm while you were off looking for massage signs. Come right in and sit thee doon!

Just to let you know I've just been advised that I wasn't successful in getting the role I was interviewed for here yesterday and so I am awaiting the formal letter to be invited to a 3rd and final meeting during which if there are no other alternatives (which we know there isn't) my employment will be terminated.

Is it better to be several cabins forward or behind the middle hump cabin for this Transatlantic? Concerned about views and wind. We are so looking forward to this cruise. I usually read the other rollcall, but occasionally hop over here to see what is going on.

Pete--you are in our thoughts for a positive resolution to your employment situation.

Joanmarie

Peter, so sorry about your news.

Gay, positive thoughts for you and John as you help your friends cope.

Joyce, looks like Emily may not hit the US. We cringe too in hurricane season. Oak Island is on the 'arm pit' of North Carolina about an hour from Myrtle Beach, SC. I guess I should be lucky, our deductible for wind and hail is ONLY $2500. lol However there is a cap on the amount of insurance they will sell in the state.

Im continuing in the gathering phase for the trip. Im trying to decide if a neck wallet or a money belt will be more comfortable. I do want one for Barcelona. Any thoughts or experiences?

Donna

Morning.............

OH Joyce so sorry to hear your news..............

Peter sorry about yours too..............

OK guys we need GOOD news!

I'm Pregnant..... there is that good news... Miracles do happen LOL....

Joking aside I hope things turn around for you Pete and Joyce we certainly need some good news ...

Got off to an early start today and have caught up with most of my work so maybe time for a little R and R....

Joking aside I hope things turn around for you Pete and Joyce we certainly need some good news ...

Got off to an early start today and have caught up with most of my work so maybe time for a little R and R....

LOL, well I'd better start knitting!

NOW Sherry at our ages that would not be GOOD NEWS!!!!

Just to let you know I've just been advised that I wasn't successful in getting the role I was interviewed for here yesterday and so I am awaiting the formal letter to be invited to a 3rd and final meeting during which if there are no other alternatives (which we know there isn't) my employment will be terminated.

So sorry to hear your bad news, but something will come along that will be better...Thinking good thoughts for you...

Sherry: Have you registered anywhere yet ;) ????

Peter, sorry to hear your news :( I know it wasn't entirely unexpected, but it is still a blow when it actually happens.

Joyce, I hope you can manage to sort things out to your satisfaction.......

George love the picture - and what an interesting job!!

Just finishing packing as we are on our way to London tomorrow to meet up with all our children, including the ones from Israel. We are all off to cruise the Norwegian Fijords - all 11 of us! Some of them have never cruised before, so I hope they like it! Should be some great photo opportunities with us all together. First time we have ever been all together, so quite an emotional week in store :):)

PETER....I'm so sorry to hear your news. I know it was not unexpected, but it's still a blow.

MARILYN.....It was so good chatting with you the other evening. Have an absolutely wonderful family cruise. You will be making memories to last a lifetime.

DONNA....David purchased a PacSafe money belt for this trip, and I got the PacSafe Metro 100 bag. I'm still debating on whether I want to get a larger PacSafe bag as well. In deciding between the money belt or the neck wallet, I think it comes down to personal preference. When used correctly, I think either will work just as well.

SHERRY.....You are too funny! Believe me, if you WERE pregnant, that's one baby shower I'd fly out west to attend.....;):D