Deciding between 3 tubing companies!!!!!!

pepcab

The three companies that we are trying to decide between are:

1) cavetubingrus.com $45/pp

2) cave-tubing.com $50/pp

3) belizecruiseexcursions.com $50/pp

I have reviewed them all and they all seem to have excellent reviews on tripadvisor. If anyone can give me some more infor to help with this decision, that would be fantastic. :confused:

All have their good days and bad days.

We've used NCQAdventures with good success and lots of fun. Smaller group. A/C van. Great buffet lunch.

If you're looking for a larger group to travel with, scout on this board for reviews and pictures and pick the one with the best transportation (avoid the old school buses, if possible),best lunch option and most frequently mention as getting back to the pier with time to spare.

Thanks for the advice. It is just two of us so I would appreciate a smaller group, but my husband wants a company with experience. You mentioned the tour group you used, but I have not heard of them. Do they have a web site?

If you're looking to Cave Tube in Belize, the company I would recommend looking into is cavetubing.bz. Check out their website and their reviews. My family and I just got back from a cruise last week, used cavetubing.bz and had a BLAST.

Even better, it's less expensive than a lot of the other companies, it's run by Belize residents, it includes lunch in the price, and you get a lot of information about where you are, where you're going, etc...

The tour guides are a lot of fun and very personable. We gave them a shot and loved every minute of it.

On top of all that, they have 5 star (out of 5) ratings out of more than 650 reviews...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g291968-d645066-Reviews-Cave_Tubing_with_Vitalino_Reyes-Belize_City_Belize_District.html

Take a look, it's worth it. Good luck and happy cruising!

I was also wandering why cavetubing.bz is not on your list. We've been on 30+ cruises. We've done most of the excursions on the islands several times. I can definately recommend .bz! The owner meets you personally at the bus in the morning. They depart for the caves as soon as possible. You will be put in a small group with a guide that will go through the rainforest at your pace.

We spoke to one family(booked with a company on your list). They were in a huge group on a massive bus and it seemed chaotic. Cavetubing.bz has the newest and safest equipment they can buy. After tubing, you will stop for a local lunch - very good! Over the years, I would say I've become somewhat of an expert on independent excursions. I can tell you - I would book .bz again in a minute.

I'd also recommend strongly considering cavetubing dot bz; they're comparable in price, as one previous member posted, their excursion included an authentic lunch, and it was clearly apparent that it was a family operation, led by Vitalino, who has reallly instilled focus on customer service to his employees and family members. They were very flexible this week; the caves were flooded due to heavy rains during the week, and three alternate tours were offered, at a reduced price. We enjoyed the tour that we selected (to Altun Ha) to explore Mayan ruins, tour the country in and around Belize City, and enjoy the hospitality we were shown. We regretted that cave tubing was cancelled for everyone on the day of our visit, but .bz went out of their way to ensure that our family had an enjoyable day. Give em a try!

I have .bz booked for our upcoming cruise in 34 days and I know they come highly recommended. Both the friendly staff, the food, new equipment (hats with led lights and new tubes). I guess I will find out in a month. I can't wait. :D

I have been to Belize twice in the last year and a half and have used both cave-tubing.com and cavetubing.bz. I would definetly agree with the comments about cavetubing.bz! I loved the small group and person attention. Lunch was great and price was great! Go with cavetubing.bz and you will not be disappointed! We did an extra cave with .bz too!

can I add a 4th? lol. X-stream cave tubing. we have booked them through Island Marketing 3 times now and have loved it each time. VERY small groups and they take you to the top entrance into the caves so u get to see a real neat pool that you even have the option to do a small cliff dive into. Real neat.

Just did cavetubing.bz last week.

The Good.

The tour guides are excellent. Everything ran smoothly. They provided lunch at the end. The caves were great. I am glad I went.

The bad

The tubes. You sit in the tubes in a semi-reclined position and you are trying to look straight ahead. Your neck starts to strain very quickly. Everyone wished they had a pillow to prop up their head. When we were getting out of the water at the end, we saw another tour company with tubes with built in headrests! We were all envious. The tubes were white had "VIV" written on them. Not sure who is the company.

I also wasn't a fan on how we were all linked together. Some tours had rope, some had clips. Some, like ours used our feet.You put your foot under the armpit of the person in front of you. I had some guys feet to my right and left. Yuck.

Just did cavetubing.bz last week.

The Good.

The tour guides are excellent. Everything ran smoothly. They provided lunch at the end. The caves were great. I am glad I went.

The bad

The tubes. You sit in the tubes in a semi-reclined position and you are trying to look straight ahead. Your neck starts to strain very quickly. Everyone wished they had a pillow to prop up their head. When we were getting out of the water at the end, we saw another tour company with tubes with built in headrests! We were all envious. The tubes were white had "VIV" written on them. Not sure who is the company.

I also wasn't a fan on how we were all linked together. Some tours had rope, some had clips. Some, like ours used our feet.You put your foot under the armpit of the person in front of you. I had some guys feet to my right and left. Yuck.

When I look up the VIV, those are people booking with the shore trips website. They are a company that is a 3rd party and books different shore excursions with companies for you. It looks like they charge $67 pp and you also have to buy your own meals for around $7 (at least this is what the web site says). We are only pay 43 pp and get a free meal with .bz. Saving the extra $31 pp is going to cause me to have to hole my head up. LOL :D Although it would be nice to have a head rest. They should all think about doing that. :)

We are only pay 43 pp and get a free meal with .bz. Saving the extra $31 pp is going to cause me to have to hole my head up. LOL :D Although it would be nice to have a head rest. They should all think about doing that. :)

mitsugirly, how are you only paying $43 with cavetubing.bz? the website says $50

we are booked for next thurs...would love to have a discount!!

thanks!

mitsugirly, how are you only paying $43 with cavetubing.bz? the website says $50

thanks!

Um, I'm not sure. There are 3 of us going and I have his email that states the total price is $130. :confused:

thanks!

Yeah - when I emailed for information, I was told $50 per person...

Cave-tubing.com quoted us $45 per person, but the $5 doesn't make a difference to me if .bz is better!

I've been researching the cave tubing groups so am adding info on VIVTours.

I emailed VIVTOURs at bze-trips.com yesterday and received reply this morning.

VIVTOURS is the company with new tubes with headrests and netting on bottom of tubes and tubes are roped together, so tubers are not linked by feet. They spend longer on the river than most others. these were major factors in my selecting to go with this company.

Here's email reply I received. They are running a special price if booked by Oct 31.

"the cost for the cave-tubing is 44.00 per person, yes we do require signing of a waiver and so do everyone else including ship sponsered tours we use the same exact wording as ship sponsed tours, we got a copy of theirs, , lunch at the park range from 3 - 7 per person depending where you want to have lunch, we concentrate on the cavetubing and not lunch, we don't rush so as to include lunch like some others do.... so we make sure you love the cavetubing , if you like the lunch or

do not want lunch then its up to you not vivtours, we want to make sure you enjoy cavetubing. you pay when you arrive , so the cancellation is up to you , show up and have fun or don;t show . we require payment when youshow, then we make sure you have fun, we dont want any negative reviews, we want to remain number 1.."

There are favorable comments on shoretrips.com about VIVTours, but shoretrips cost more and you pay upfront.

Just booked with VIV tours last night and they sent a confirmation email back already 1st thing this morning! $44.00 pp , 5.5 hour excursion.....after lots of research this company looks like the best...love the idea of the head rest and hook links.....can't wait! :D

We're sailing next week. I was set to book .bz, but decided on VIV Tours bze-trips instead because of newer tubes and no feet under arm pits, $45pp. I'm glad to read good reviews here as well. Has anyone done their Zip & Cave combo? I'm wondering if they cut tubing time to fit in zipping.

Just off the Spirit last week. Went cavetubing with cavetubing.bz and they were excellent!! Junior and Reuben were our guides and they were very nice and knowledgeable. We hiked an extra few minutes and went through 3 caves. In the first cave we were in we were almost the only ones in it. Most of the larger commercial groups only do the bottom 2 caves.

would definitely recommend them!

Trish

What are the companies that DO NOT require you to hold each other's feet?? :confused:

Archived