Still prefer set dining time - Only one???

tm5to1

Never experienced anytime dining, We have always chosen late dining. However, last cruise was the first time for my kids & I came to find out that by having late dinning the kids clubs have activities at this time that my kids missed out on. So this cruise we will try the early dinning for the first time.

Getting to know the wait staff each night over seven days is definitely one of those things that is totally unique to cruising. Those memories are always some of my favorites from every cruise. Late assigned seating is the way to go.

With you! We also do early seating traditional dining. Have no interest in even trying your time dining honestly. We like getting to know the wait staff... we like knowing exactly when we are going to dinner, and what to expect around us...we are comfortable with that. We eat dinner most nights around 6 anyway, so it's perfect timing for us.

If there is a night we are not sure if we are going to make it due to a late excursion we have just booked the Steakhouse a little later. It's perfect for us.

We have the same servers every night with Anytime Dining too! You just have to ask for them. By the 2nd night they know our names and our preferences.IF you don't like them you can change and ask for a different table.

This was our experience we had during our October cruise on the Freedom. We had 5 of us in our party, knew us each night and had our table set up in same location each night. Same servers, table and location. Worked out just fine.

...we prefer traditional late seating over ATD anyday! We tried ATD 1 night our last cruise and the service was just not good and really slow! The wait staff was really nice but it took almost an hour to get my father-in-law to get a refill on tea.....I mean it is not like he was getting a soda from the bar service it was dining room tea. So the wonderfel matride staff was able to get us a table in the other dining room for late seating the rest of the cruise. Turns out our waitstaff was one of the best we have had on our cruises.

Give us Late Seating anyday!!!

I love the traditional dining experience when you have great waitstaff and fun table mates. Unfortunately that has only happened once for us. All dinners on our last cruise were awkward. The cruise before that we were put at a table with only our kids (that's fine but we should have just done YTD then) We did like the waitstaff but they seem much more rushed on both of those cruises to really get to know them.

I think next time it will be YTD unless we have another couple go with us that will guarantee we have excellent table mates.

Great to see so many traditional dining cruise mates. One of the best part of our previous cruises has been meeting a new wait staff on each ship plus even more so meeting new friends (tablemates) to share our trip daily experiences with. This past June on Carnival Glory were assigned anytime dining immediately went to the Maiter D changed to a asssigned table and once again met another terrific family this time us being from Arizona and the other family Philadelphia. Your on vacation don't you want to try something new rather then eating meals with the same people you do all year long get out there and meet someone new make new friend(s). Happy Sailing.

Archived