Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire...

indycrew

Always check what you are signing for. I ordered a vodka on the rocks during the $3.99 Happy Hour and saw that the server had charged $5,95 for Grey Goose saying that I should have told her I didn't want Grey Goose, I refused to sign and asked to speak with her supervisor. After asking him " What kind of clip joint are you running" he explained that it was the servers first cruise and the bill was adjusted. Always make sure even if it is a prize that you are sure of the price.

Last time I was at one of those draws they advertised it as a $79 credit.

I wonder if there were new staff at the time who didn't understand the prize they were giving?

You dont mention how much the full charge was, but the full body massage is usually about $150 (if I remember correctly).

It doesn't matter if a full body massage costs $ 500 the fact still remains she was told they had won a full body massage. the cost is not the question here. The prize was stated as a free full body massage.

This reminds me of the time I went grocery shopping and paid for a can of ice tea along with my groceries. I was followed outside and was asked if I had paid for the tea and I walked righ tback in the store and asked the cashier if I paid for the tea and she said yes you did. The security guard then said well I wil give you a break this time. It felt like my blood pressure shot up sky high when he said that. I said give me a break on what? you make it sound like I shoplifted and you decided not to press charges.I told him I am giving you a break for not sueing you for slander.

Come on guys...any of us who has cruised and used the spa, know that the spas tend toward the "sketchy" side, and it doesn't matter which line you cruise on.

My DH "won" a facial and back massage certificate for $99 at one of the art auction. I went and had those services done, got the hard sell for products (my skin was never going to look as good unless I bought some of their products) and handed the bill. I had taken my glasses off for my facial and squinted as I signed the bill, which included my "special" facial lotion and then tipped on the services rendered.

When I got back to my cabin, I looked at the receipt and realized the tip was already included and I had tipped on top of it to the tune of a 50% tip. Remember, I didn't have my glasses on when I signed....my fault, sure, but don't you think the tech should have pointed out that the tip was already added? Did she think that her massage was so great that I would give her a $50 tip? Seriously?

I was so aggravated that I called the spa and told them what had happened and they told me to come back so they can determine what the problem was. I decided I was going to take my d**n lotion back too! Well they hemmed and hawed and finally got the manager. I got the refund for the lotion, and the $25 back that I over-paid.

Lession learned...check your bill WITH glasses on, tell them upfront you don't want to be "sold" anything else, or rethink the whole spa experience and do it when you get home! LOL

No, Betty - I WON a prize, did not get a deal. And before having the massage asked what I was entitled to...full body massage, no extras, stones, etc. The big announcement at the sailaway was "full body massage" at the Lotus Spa.....I would have paid the extra if I was supposed to...or not gotten it. I am not a cheater or a liar...

Actually YOU didn't win the prize...your husband did.

Did the Princess representative actually call you a liar? According to your description, the princess representative was just attempting to figure out what may have happened and making a suggestion as to one possible scenario. Sounds like they took responsibility for the miscommunication and credited you. It appears to me to be excellent customer service, its too bad you read into it like they were trying to insult you.

It doesn't matter if a full body massage costs $ 500 the fact still remains she was told they had won a full body massage. the cost is not the question here. The prize was stated as a free full body massage.

This reminds me of the time I went grocery shopping and paid for a can of ice tea along with my groceries. I was followed outside and was asked if I had paid for the tea and I walked righ tback in the store and asked the cashier if I paid for the tea and she said yes you did. The security guard then said well I wil give you a break this time. It felt like my blood pressure shot up sky high when he said that. I said give me a break on what? you make it sound like I shoplifted and you decided not to press charges.I told him I am giving you a break for not sueing you for slander.

This is just too much! How does this stuff all get blown out of proportion??? The OP reported what happened, got it all fixed, and everyone is in an uproar about it! Let's move on..........

First of all no one posting should be talking about what was said or wasn't said since only the OP was there and she is relating what she "believes" to have been said. This is not to say that her explanation is either correct or incorrect....just saying she is telling it as it is in her mind.

Second, as another poster pointed out, the spa is not owned by Princess. It is a private company. The "committment" for the gift was not made by Princess but by the company which owns the spa(sorry name has slipped my mind at the moment). In addition the charge to her bill was not made by Princess, it was charged to her account by the spa through Princess. Since Princess did not supply the service they have no way of knowing what she got or didn't get other than information provided to them by the spa.

The OP was provided with a service at the spa. She complained to Princess about the charge(the spa's charge), Princess checked into it, she received full credit. That, in my opinion, is the end of the story and I think Princess provided the OP with the customer service needed to settle the problem. Miscommunication, misunderstanding, intentional....who cares. OP got a free massage and its time to move on!

I "won" some kind of drawing for some facial message once on a seven day cruise. So the spa calls our cabin and informs me and books an appointment for later in the week. Mid week, I get sick and can't leave my bed. I forget all about my winning facial and I get a call from the spa on the day and time that I didn't show up. The girl from the spa tells me that I will have to pay for not "showing" or "canceling" for the winning appointment that they made for me. I am so sick, I say ok and hang up. When my husband sees the bill, he went down to the purser's desk and said he would not pay for a winning facial from some drawing. They removed it off our bill.

Hi All

A few years ago I booked a treatment for DW did not give her full details,

afterwards she was happy, then I saw the bill, I had already paid for X

but they gave her x and y saying thats what I booked,

well I went straight up saw the manager told her I was not happy,

told them very clearly infront of all present that they were ripping

of passengers etc demanded money back there and then, was told

so many times come into office, we will look into things, I stood my ground

and said nothing to check, you tried to con me and it has not worked,

got my money back before leaving,

never used there services since

yours Shogun