Sarrong or Burka!!!!!

Doing the Southern Caribbean Cruise on Explorer in November and the wife was wondering what attire is acceptable whilst dandering about the ship. She is a bikini and sarrong (spelling?) type of gal whilst I have offered her a down payment on a Burka!!!!! I realise that dinner is more formal but is bikini and sarong acceptable attire for breakfast / lunch for ladies and tee shirt and shorts for blokes?

Nope - no swimsuits allowed in Windjammer or dining room without a cover up. Sarong won't work. I walked in to grab silverware wearing a swimsuit and sarong and was nabbed by staff. And I was just walking in and out in less than a minute. :) She must wear shorts and a shirt or a little dress coverup.

I think it may depend on how the sarong is worn. I've worn them over my swimsuit into the WJ to grab a quick bite and never had anything said. I tie mine into a dress like below.

noraganesha4a.jpg

I could see where they might have an issue if you wrap it around your waist like this so your bikini top is showing:

norashiva9a.jpg

I have never tried wearing a sarong and swimwear into the main dining room for breakfast or lunch. If I'm dining in the MDR, I'll wear shorts/capris/skirt and blouse.

It's not necessarily true that your tummy must be covered. I have seen women wearing tube tops or crop tops that didn't cover their stomachs. I think the deciding factor is whether the top is swimwear or not. I've seen men in WJ wearing tank tops so I'm not sure that there is a rule that shoulders must be covered.

Imagine How Funny it would be if we had all wore a full Burka for the whole of the cruise including men?

1000 + in the Grand Dinning Rooms all wearing a full Burka?

Think how funny it would be trying to find yourself in the Photograghic Gallery?

umm it might end in reverse getting those that wear them now to discard them for good?

I think it may depend on how the sarong is worn. I've worn them over my swimsuit into the WJ to grab a quick bite and never had anything said. I tie mine into a dress like below.

noraganesha4a.jpg

I could see where they might have an issue if you wrap it around your waist like this so your bikini top is showing:

norashiva9a.jpg

I have never tried wearing a sarong and swimwear into the main dining room for breakfast or lunch. If I'm dining in the MDR, I'll wear shorts/capris/skirt and blouse.

It's not necessarily true that your tummy must be covered. I have seen women wearing tube tops or crop tops that didn't cover their stomachs. I think the deciding factor is whether the top is swimwear or not. I've seen men in WJ wearing tank tops so I'm not sure that there is a rule that shoulders must be covered.

You are a hottie :p

You are a hottie :p

:)

I wish!;)

Nah, I'm sure you are. :)

Kyriecat, how do you tie the one shoulder sarong? I love the way that you did it and I cant figure out how you did! elp please!

So funny. You guys, it's not her. It's a pic from the web. But I've enjoyed the replies. :)

I found a picture of the back. It's really just like tying a sarong into a halter-dress but tie it around your shoulder rather than your neck. I think it's more comfortable than being tied around the neck.

noraganesha5a.jpg

DISCLAIMER: The hottie in the photo is not indicative of actual poster. ;)

Archived