Booking Excursions on Princess Website

ROXIETHEHORSE

I have searched Cruise Critic and it looks like most people are able to book excursions at 110 to 120 days out. We are at 96 days (or there-a-bouts ;)) and our cruise personalizer still says booking excursions is unavailable. Reservations for the spa ARE available.

Is this normal? I am a "planner" and would feel oh-so-much better if I could make our reservations!!

Thanks for your help!

I have searched Cruise Critic and it looks like most people are able to book excursions at 110 to 120 days out. We are at 96 days (or there-a-bouts ;)) and our cruise personalizer still says booking excursions is unavailable. Reservations for the spa ARE available.

Is this normal? I am a "planner" and would feel oh-so-much better if I could make our reservations!!

Thanks for your help!

Shorex are posted around 3 months before cruise, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. Depends on route and I suppose whether contracts are in place with providers.

Be patient, they will appear !

I have seen shore excursions available as far as 150 days out, and as little as just after final payment date (less than 75 days before sailing). If I am not mistaken, the Princess website says they will be available UP TO 120 days before your cruise. So just keep checking. Our upcoming cruise, they weren't available until the 85 day mark or so. ;)

My experience is that shore excursions are generally available between 90-120 days before the cruise. The good news is that no one can book until they are available online, so if you check frequently you will still be able to get your choice of excursions. They should be open soon.

Also by booking through the website ahead of time you can sometimes save money. For our last cruise I think we saved around $20pp per excursion by booking early. People who waited until the ship were charged more.

Thanks for your help!

We have just booked our excursions and we are still 183 days out!

Also by booking through the website ahead of time you can sometimes save money. For our last cruise I think we saved around $20pp per excursion by booking early. People who waited until the ship were charged more.

I've seen this becoming more common with increases of over 50% for popular tours. Not only have I seen price increases onboard but also online as it gets closer to sailing. So if anyone is interested in a tour, booking early for best selection & pricing is a good idea with this trend towards price increases before tours begin.

250 days before our upcoming cruise to Hawaii, we booked the cruise through Princess. At the time of booking we knew we wanted the Kaui Luau Excursion.

When we booked the cruise we also booked this shore excursion. When I visited the Princess Site the excursions were not yet available, but we were booked and it recorded on our personalizer.

Perhaps this may be a reason for booking directly with Princess?? I don't know but we were able to book this before it was available through the web site. We are happy as this was the most important excursion of our cruise. Can't imagine going to Hawaii for the first (and perhaps last) time and not see a Hula Girl :mad::eek:

We did book directly with Princess with the Friends and Family plan. I keep checking diligently 2x a day!!! :rolleyes:

Try calling your Princess TA directly. When we booked with her the excursions were not on the site but through her we were able to book it anyway.

The worst thing that can happen is she will say no, but still worth the try.

Good Luck

Archived