"Dirty" Laundry ?

Princesss

Sometimes you get it back the same day just about dinner time, but usually it's the next day.

To answer another poster's question, you can send a bag every day, 2 if your cabinmate is platinum too.

Sewut

We are 3 platinum in one cabin...can we send 3 bags???:rolleyes: If that is the case we are only going to pack half the stuff we wanted to take.

Sometimes you get it back the same day just about dinner time, but usually it's the next day.

To answer another poster's question, you can send a bag every day, 2 if your cabinmate is platinum too.

Sewut

Thank you!!! Hubby wants to pack a lot less this time, guess that means I get to pack more :D

Just a quick hummm moment....One extra bag airlines charge 50 bucks..(some) just take one and have them do your laundry...We are not plat. yet as we cruise other lines.But we always have our laundry done on ship and certainly not by us..we're on vacation.:cool:

This may sound like a dumb question but do you have to sort the darks from the whites? If so that would automatially be 2 bags.

I have never sorted them and they were new clothes...even some reds...no bleeding onto other clothes..hummm They do better laundry then me.. I just have a drawer full of use to be white socks, now pink.

Does the room steward automatically know that you are Platinum or do you have to tell him/her or show your card?

Write "PLATINUM" on the bag in big letters and also on the laundry ticket. They know whether or not you are platinum.

This may sound like a dumb question but do you have to sort the darks from the whites? If so that would automatially be 2 bags.

They wash everything together. No need to separate whites from colors.

Do not put in any delicate items or anything that might bleed.

For those that use the free laundry service that is offered. Can anyone tell me how soon your laundry is returned? Is it same day service or next day? Thanks!!!

On my last cruise on the Spirit my room steward picked them up every morning at 8:30 and they were brought back at 6:00 pm when he did his evening cleaning...We send in whites one day and color the next and have never had any damage or problems.......Dennis

We used this platinum perk one time. The laundry came back about 36 hours later. The "folding" was very sloppy and all items were wrinkled.

Most surprising of all was the pair of ladies' panties in the bag that did not belong to us. :eek:

The service took too long for me to think it was convenient, and I sure wouldn't send in any items I really cared about.

I'm Platinum but have no intention of having my laundry done on the ship. I've also done the Behind the Fun tour and there's no way I'd have my clothes washed and dried in those industrial machines.

Now, if I were a guy and wore white t-shirts and cargo shorts 24/7, then it wouldn't be such a big deal.

But I don't even use the dryer at home except for sheets and towels. Everything else is air dried!

I couldn't care less about having my things washed with someone else's because, yes, they are being washed, after all! But I don't want my clothing shrunk or faded, thanks very much.

Ships do have self-service laundry rooms. I imagine those machines have settings other than HOT, HOTTER and HOTTEST. But I did a 2-week cruise in November, with 1 suitcase and a small carryon, and still came home with unworn clothing. I can't imagine not being able to pack enough clothes that I would need to do laundry.

To be safe, though, I do pack a little travel bottle of liquid detergent.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]If they are unmentionable why are they mentioned? You can put a lot of clothes in a three hundred pound load washing machine. They all go together. I hope they check the pockets before the wash. It would be interesting to see 300 pound of pink laundry because of a red sharpie left in a pocket. :eek: Only 154 days until we are free laundry eligible. :rolleyes:[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='cruisenanny']Hmmm.. So what do they charge non platinum folks to do a bag of laundry?[/quote]

They don't always offer the $15/bag laundry. It depends on how much they're having to do for the Platinum guests.

Here's the price list from Carnival's FAQs:

Are there Laundry Services available on board?Laundry Services In addition to self-service launderettes on each ship, there is a valet laundry service on board; dry cleaning is not available. Following is the price list; this service is handled through the room Steward:
Mens
Item Wash Press Press Only
Suit 2-Piece: n/a $7.00
Suit 3-Piece: n/a $8.00
Jacket: $5.00 $3.75
Blazer: $5.00 $3.75
Over Coat: $8.00 $6.00
Trousers: $5.00 $4.00
T-Shirt: $2.00 $1.50
Shorts: $4.00 $3.00
Under Shorts: $2.00 $1.50
Track Suit: $7.00 $5.00
Pajamas: $4.00 $3.00
Pair of Socks: $2.00 n/a
Jeans: $4.00 $3.00
Shirt: $4.00 $3.00
Tie: $2.00 $1.50
Ladies
Item Wash Press Press Only
Suit 2-piece: n/a $7.00
Dress: $7.50 $6.00
Shirt/Blouse: $4.00 $3.00
Silk Blouse: $5.00 $3.75
Skirt: $5.00 $4.00
Jacket: $5.00 $3.75
Over Coat: $8.00 $6.00
Slacks/Pants: $5.00 $4.00
Shorts: $4.00 $3.00
Panties/Bra/Slip: $2.00 n/a
Jeans: $4.00 $3.00
T-Shirt: $2.00 $1.50
Track Suit: $7.00 $5.00
Nightgown/PJ's: $5.00 $3.75
Swim Suit: $3.00 $2.00
Pair of Socks: $2.00 n/a
Scarf: $3.50 $2.75
Handkerchief: $2.00 $1.25

[quote name='scperk']They also have laundry rooms where you use washing machines used by everyone else..I would think if you were such a germaphobe then you need to wait till you get home to wash your clothes..We love our Platinum laundry perk and use it most every day so we don't have to pack as many clothes...They prob use very hot water and we have never had any clothes come back damaged.....Dennis[/quote]

If the OP does not like their clothes in the same washer as other peoples, due to cross contamination, I wonder if they have given any thought to the fact that their dishes, glasses, forks and knives are all washed with other peoples also, and they they are putting them in their mouth, and eating food off of them. Yuk!

I would hope that as Platinum they would hand wash their clothes, dishes, and linens in a separate washer or dishwasher, that has never been used, by a person that has just come from the DR and is germ free, Maybe in one of those big yellow has-mat suits.

[quote name='NCTribeFan']I'm Platinum but have no intention of having my laundry done on the ship. I've also done the Behind the Fun tour and there's no way I'd have my clothes washed and dried in those industrial machines.

Now, if I were a guy and wore white t-shirts and cargo shorts 24/7, then it wouldn't be such a big deal.

But I don't even use the dryer at home except for sheets and towels. Everything else is air dried!

I couldn't care less about having my things washed with someone else's because, yes, they are being washed, after all! But I don't want my clothing shrunk or faded, thanks very much.

Ships do have self-service laundry rooms. I imagine those machines have settings other than HOT, HOTTER and HOTTEST. But I did a 2-week cruise in November, with 1 suitcase and a small carryon, and still came home with unworn clothing. I can't imagine not being able to pack enough clothes that I would need to do laundry.

To be safe, though, I do pack a little travel bottle of liquid detergent.[/quote]
I am sailing on my 22nd cruise on Sept. 5th and have never had any clothes come back shrunk or faded...I love packing lighter with all the airlines charging extra for bags...We are doing a 12 day and I would hate to pack 12/14 underware, 12 pair socks and all the clothes for that many days.....Dennis

I have had my laundry done on many ships, not Carnival yet, but in all instances they have put iron on numbered tags in the neck or t shirts or waist of shorts etc... and wash them all together... :) Each order is assigned a number... On a 12 night cruise we had clothes with multiple numbered tags by the end of it...

I always get it back same day. It's great not to have to do laundry when I get home!

My dad owns laundry/dry cleaners. Everone's clothes go into numbered bags. If one family has 5 bags they get the same 5 numbers. Clothes washed together in HOT water.

If you go to a coin laundry, those are not cleaned with bleach between users.

Carnival did a nice job on my laundry.

That was the worst job I ever had, starting at age 10. But I was able to pay for my first cruise at age 13.

[quote name='Ronn452']There's a rumor that they take the really skimpy stuff (thongs) and really sexy bras to the crew parties and wear them on their head![/quote]

I would DIE to get a picture of that!! LOL!!

If anybody who is worried about germs, needs to rethink about going on a cruise ship. When you have upwards of 3200 people walking around on Daily basis. I could only imagine what is floating around. And think about when they wash the sheets ;) Or it could be like the hotel business and not wash the comforters but twice a year. YES this is true! i was a maid actually at a decent hotel once and they hardly ever washed the blankets and comforters on the bed. But just think happy thoughts that carnival IS cleaning everything in a good manor :D

Archived