"Dirty" Laundry ?

Princesss

I was reading about how Platinums get free laundry service, and it is also available to everyone else for a fee.. but I was wondering if they wash everyones clothes together & the dirty water is cross-contaminating with everyone elses laundry.. I did the behind the scenes tour and the washing machines are huge. I can't see how they would use a whole washer for the clothes of only 1 or 2 people. I should have asked when I had the chance !

I was reading about how Platinums get free laundry service, and it is also available to everyone else for a fee.. but I was wondering if they wash everyones clothes together & the dirty water is cross-contaminating with everyone elses laundry.. I did the behind the scenes tour and the washing machines are huge. I can't see how they would use a whole washer for the clothes of only 1 or 2 people. I should have asked when I had the chance !

Yea, I'm sure your stuff is getting washed with others. So, if you're a germaphobe, you may wanna opt out of this perk.

They probly put it in some sort of mesh bags marked with cabin #, or at least thats what I would do if I owned a cruise ship and did laundry..

As far as germs... It sounds kind of gross but I guess they do the same with sheets and towels.. just weird thinkin all our clothes being washed together...

They probly put it in some sort of mesh bags marked with cabin #, or at least thats what I would do if I owned a cruise ship and did laundry..

As far as germs... It sounds kind of gross but I guess they do the same with sheets and towels.. just weird thinkin all our clothes being washed together...

You can wash your undies with my undies any time. ;) I feel closer to you already!

You might get your undies washed with John H's

"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure"

I'm similarly disgusted by the thought of my undies being washed with John H's as I am in awe of your quote. I like Bill Paxton's character's respose to that line.. One of the best movies of all time!

the great thing about washing machines is they wash your clothes. there for they wash away anything you wouldn't want on your clothes and make them clean :D- It's like a dish washer or dishes... can you imagine how many thousands of thousands have eaten off the same fork or spoon as you.. that's the great thing about dish washers and washing machines they get rid of the nasties ;)

My items came back to me with some small tags with my room number on them, at least the shirts and pants.

I didn't send unmentionables to be done for fear that they would be used for sails and on display on the top deck flagpole.

I was a little unsure if I wanted to send anything but having laundry done was the best perk yet. I can pack 1/2 as much for the next cruise.

Cleaned, folded, and still warm most of the time when it was delivered to my door.

woooooHOOOOO

My items came back to me with some small tags with my room number on them, at least the shirts and pants.

I didn't send unmentionables to be done for fear that they would be used for sails and on display on the top deck flagpole.

I was a little unsure if I wanted to send anything but having laundry done was the best perk yet. I can pack 1/2 as much for the next cruise.

Cleaned, folded, and still warm most of the time when it was delivered to my door.

woooooHOOOOO

Why are they unmentionable?

They also have laundry rooms where you use washing machines used by everyone else..I would think if you were such a germaphobe then you need to wait till you get home to wash your clothes..We love our Platinum laundry perk and use it most every day so we don't have to pack as many clothes...They prob use very hot water and we have never had any clothes come back damaged.....Dennis

It's probbly done on the same order as your local dry cleaners/laundry that people use at home. I'm sure the washing and dry cleaning machines in the local cleaners are not as big as the ones on the ship, but certainly are bigger than those used in households.

Do you think the cleaners/laundry folks wash everyone's clothes individually? ;)

I'm sure thousands of others have also slept in your cabin bed, too.

And ate off the plates.

And touched the handrails.

And pushed the elevator buttons.

If this is an issue for you, then cruising---or leaving home at all for any reason---should probably not be an option. :)

Ah, you just brought back some fond memories of camping with my Girl Scout troop! Tradition was that at some point in the weekend we'd manage to steal a pair of the leader's undies, and that they'd be flying from the flagpole on Sunday morning! :p

Your sheets and towels are washed with others as well. Your clothes go into a bag with a tag and are washed with very hot water and strong soap.

My dad owned dry cleaners/laundry and I worked there from age 10 to 18. Nasty job and very hot with no AC in Miami.

I wouldn't worry about your clothes being mixed wtih others. The coin machines had someone elses in it before you use it.

• 3 weeks later...
For those that use the free laundry service that is offered. Can anyone tell me how soon your laundry is returned? Is it same day service or next day? Thanks!!!

Sometimes you get it back the same day just about dinner time, but usually it's the next day.

To answer another poster's question, you can send a bag every day, 2 if your cabinmate is platinum too.

Sewut

You can wash your undies with my undies any time. ;) I feel closer to you already!

I think Kujobie's comment is VERY funny, but then I have a pretty warped sense of humor. It made me snort out loud in a very un-ladylike fashion. (it's also been a long time since anyone referred to me as ladylike:rolleyes:)

Archived