Mariott Discounts

sharonny

I had booked the Mariott for 1 night with a "Friends & Family" code that I'm no longer entitled to (cousin changed jobs :(). Does anyone have any discount codes for public use. I do have "AAA" just was hoping for better. The "Friends & Family" was great. Thought I'd ask before I call and change.

Rather expensive place for 1 night, arriving in the evening but it will "Rock the Socks" :D off my kids. We won't be able to do much (time wise) but am hoping to be able to go to "The View Lounge" for late dessert and keeping my fingers crossed for a Times Square view.:D

there really aren't any......you could TRY these, which are public, and no ID required....

LLR (local leisure rate)

BAR (best available rate)

those 2...if you find a lower rate, would also qualify for the best rate guarantee if you are familiar with that...GENERALLY though, it doesn't always work...

Or...PKG (package..you never know....there might be something...)

try googling "publicly available marriott discount" codes and see what you get..

Be advised that you will NOT be able to get the F&F rate (i know..when my cousin left, it made me sad cause that rate qualified under Marriott Rewards..) and you'd wind up paying as much as the cruise...LOL. I presume you are looking at the Marquis...you mentioned Times Square but there are 3 other Marriott Brands in that area...at least...

I had booked the Mariott for 1 night with a "Friends & Family" code that I'm no longer entitled to (cousin changed jobs :(). Does anyone have any discount codes for public use. I do have "AAA" just was hoping for better. The "Friends & Family" was great. Thought I'd ask before I call and change.

Rather expensive place for 1 night, arriving in the evening but it will "Rock the Socks" :D off my kids. We won't be able to do much (time wise) but am hoping to be able to go to "The View Lounge" for late dessert and keeping my fingers crossed for a Times Square view.:D

Talk of 'Times Square view' makes me assume you mean the Marriott Marquis. I don't have anything specific for that hotel, but I usually try these codes when I'm looking for a price break: M11, M12 (both for Marriott Rewards members, which I assume you are), FX5. There are lots more listed in a thread on Flyertalk, but I've never really found a huge difference with any code, actually.

My new fun toy for getting a deal at a Marriott is to file a Look No Further lower rate claim: if you find a lower rate than the one you reserved via Marriott.com within 24 hours of making the reservation, they will give you the lower rate less 25%. Thanks to this little trick, I've got a reservation in downtown Boston at the end of the month for $105/night!

Yes sorry, it is the Marquis. I called this morning, talked to a very helpful women. Changed to "Best Rate", rate jumped $40. To guarantee a Times Square view would have been $50 more on top of that. Can't justify it for the short period of time we'll be there. I wouldn't take a chance with the F&F without the paperwork.

I asked for AAA and was told that Marriott doesn't use AAA but there "Best Rate" would be the same. No special deal for me yet, but I'll keep looking. Paid $349 or $403 with taxes etc.:eek:

I think the view is better at The Broadway Lounge on the 8th Floor. The kids can get non alchoholic drinks.

My new fun toy for getting a deal at a Marriott is to file a Look No Further lower rate claim: if you find a lower rate than the one you reserved via Marriott.com within 24 hours of making the reservation, they will give you the lower rate less 25%. Thanks to this little trick, I've got a reservation in downtown Boston at the end of the month for $105/night!

I love looking for deals! Thank you! I'm looking. :)

I have noticed that most hotels in the Times Square area are very expensive, even what they call their "Best Rate" is expensive. You are gonna pay a high rate at any of the Marriott properties in that area. If you go over to 8th Avenue the rates are a little less although there is not a Marriott propery on 8th Ave. There is a Hilton Garden Inn on 8th Avenue at IIRC 49th Street, it's across the street from a NYC Firehouse for Engine 54 and Ladder 4. Hope this info helps.

I have found tons of hotels with really good ratings, some that are very close to the Marriott but off a side street. Had we been able to spend a couple days I most definitely would have gone with one of them. Since it's for 1 evening with planned arrival between 7 & 8 pm and DS's 14 & 16 have never been to NYC, I went for the WOW factor. LOL! There's plenty of time before our trip for someone to talk me out of spending a ridiculously large amount of money for 15 hours.

My "Want to thrill my kids" angel is on one shoulder and my "Save money for other things" angel is on the other. They are debating at the moment.;)

I have found tons of hotels with really good ratings, some that are very close to the Marriott but off a side street. Had we been able to spend a couple days I most definitely would have gone with one of them. Since it's for 1 evening with planned arrival between 7 & 8 pm and DS's 14 & 16 have never been to NYC, I went for the WOW factor. LOL! There's plenty of time before our trip for someone to talk me out of spending a ridiculously large amount of money for 15 hours.

My "Want to thrill my kids" angel is on one shoulder and my "Save money for other things" angel is on the other. They are debating at the moment.;)

I understand what you are saying, there is quite a bit of Wow factor staying in Times Square. Good luck! I bet those angels on your shoulder are not debating but having a knock down drag out fight! :D

What's a bigger thrill for a 14 & 16 year old than Times Square lit up at night?

FWIW, Times Square is very very safe and I didn't think twice about letting my kids run around there at night without me. Now they are both mid twenties and work in Midtown!

What's a bigger thrill for a 14 & 16 year old than Times Square lit up at night?

FWIW, Times Square is very very safe and I didn't think twice about letting my kids run around there at night without me. Now they are both mid twenties and work in Midtown!

They will thinks it's cool. So far the "Thrill Angel" has won. I looked around some more and found that the prices are going up and selling out fast. So no big savings in the vicinity. At the Marquis, even when I booked they were sold out for rooms with 2 double beds. There is some Collegiate United Nations Convention going on. I ended up getting a King with sofa and roll-away .

I would never allow my kids to run around Times Square alone at 14 & 16. It is safe, as in you will not be shot or robbed at gun point, but there are plenty of unseedy characters lurking around.

Lucky for me my kids won't want to take off alone. I'd be a nervous wreak and not enjoy myself. They actually like hanging out with one or both of us on vacation. They won't admit it, but I know they think I'm pretty cool (most of the time) :), other times not so cool :eek:.

I would never allow my kids to run around Times Square alone at 14 & 16. It is safe, as in you will not be shot or robbed at gun point, but there are plenty of unseedy characters lurking around.

Maybe that's why mine turned out so well and are so successful.

They had a better chance of getting assaulted where we live then NYC.

My youngest, who is an investment banker, is a Rhodes Scholar. The oldest the east coast regional manager for Nordstrom.

Why are you taking this personally? I am giving my opinion based on facts I know because a close family member worked for years as a Police Sergeant at the Port Authority bus terminal. I would never want someone unfamiliar with NYC think that Times Square is the equivalent to Disneyworld. It is not. It is an urban environment that attracts all members of society.

Maybe that's why mine turned out so well and are so successful.

They had a better chance of getting assaulted where we live then NYC.

My youngest, who is an investment banker, is a Rhodes Scholar. The oldest the east coast regional manager for Nordstrom.

I agree with the "Wow" factor - I'm spending one night in NYC at the end of the month before our Miracle cruise and I booked the Marquis. I work for the Canadian Federal Government so I qualify for the government rate (now I just need to remember my work ID when I travel!) which was only $224 a night (I consider this a great deal).

I agree with the "Wow" factor - I'm spending one night in NYC at the end of the month before our Miracle cruise and I booked the Marquis. I work for the Canadian Federal Government so I qualify for the government rate (now I just need to remember my work ID when I travel!) which was only $224 a night (I consider this a great deal).

Nice! Yes, don't forget your work ID, you don't want to end up paying the rack rate :eek:

Archived