thirsty frog beer reviews

mrmet1986

how does it taste ? will it be on the miracle ?

Dunno how it tastes.. but as per another thread yes it is available on the Miracle..

I believe the Liberty is one of the ships its available on. From John's blog...

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2011/07/26...le/#more-18695

"RedFrog Pub continues to be popular as is the ThirstyFrog Red signature beer which as I posted on Facebook yesterday can now be found on the following ships:

Carnival Miracle

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Valor

Carnival Glory

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Pride

Carnival Dream

Carnival Legend

Carnival Victory

Carnival Elation

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Splendor will be next.

• 4 weeks later...

Thirsty Frog tastes like Budwieser, Because it is just Bud American Red kegs with a new lable. I dont know where all this stuff about it being a private brew came from. it is just a marketing ploy by AB and Carnival

Thirsty Frog tastes like Budwieser, Because it is just Bud American Red kegs with a new lable. I dont know where all this stuff about it being a private brew came from. it is just a marketing ploy by AB and Carnival

Please reference your source.:confused:

and Welcome to CC

Edited by AWCHIEF

I don't like Budweiser but two weeks ago on the Pride I drank them out of it! So i do not think it is Budweiser. That is all I had and I have the sail and sign bill to prove it. They ran out of itnon the last night....lol I had between 7 and 10 a day.

Many say it reminds them of Aruba Red served at Bahama Breeze

Same beer, rebranded is all.

Bud American Ale = Aruba Red = ThirstyFrog.

Carnival "exclusive"? Hardly.

Anheuser-Busch, like virtually every brewer these days, has lots of excess capacity. They have turned to the contract brewing business in a big way to help utilize this capacity. Thirsty Frog Red is a contract product. It is made to Carnival's specifications.

Now, with a very few exceptions, beer is beer is beer. Most all of it tastes pretty much the same. The typical U.S beer drinker wants his beer so cold, it has no taste. I learned to drink beer when I was 8 years old and my best friend and I would wander into the old Fox Deluxe brewery in Grand Rapids to visit his dad who was the brewmaster. We would stop and draw ourselves off a draught or two from the lagering tanks before we went to find him.

I do know that the Carnival beverage has received very fine reviews from English beer experts. Those guys take their beer very seriously.

Doc

I do know that the Carnival beverage has received very fine reviews from English beer experts. Those guys take their beer very seriously.

Doc

Hey Doc where can I find these reviews

I plan on sailing on the magic and try it myself but it would be nice to get some respected beer drinker reviews before than

Same beer, rebranded is all.

Bud American Ale = Aruba Red = ThirstyFrog.

Carnival "exclusive"? Hardly.

Well I have had Aruba red and Bud american ale , I don't think they are the same IMHO. I prefer Aruba Red so once again , I will like it.:p

Again I am asking: What is your source for this information?

The beer is brewed by Anheuser Busch per the bartender on the Magic. However, it is darker than regular Bud and more on the red ale side as others have said. It is decent but not a craft beer. The best thing about it is the price. It's in 20 oz mugs and not much more than regular beer (I think it may be $5.50).

Again I am asking: What is your source for this information?
Again? :confused: You've not ever asked me, but since you are now, I'll tell you.

A close relative who works for AB-InBev.

• 4 years later...
Anheuser-Busch, like virtually every brewer these days, has lots of excess capacity. They have turned to the contract brewing business in a big way to help utilize this capacity. Thirsty Frog Red is a contract product. It is made to Carnival's specifications.

Now, with a very few exceptions, beer is beer is beer. Most all of it tastes pretty much the same. The typical U.S beer drinker wants his beer so cold, it has no taste. I learned to drink beer when I was 8 years old and my best friend and I would wander into the old Fox Deluxe brewery in Grand Rapids to visit his dad who was the brewmaster. We would stop and draw ourselves off a draught or two from the lagering tanks before we went to find him.

Doc

Beer is beer is beer? There is over 500 breweries in my state that would disagree.

Many say it reminds them of Aruba Red served at Bahama Breeze

I don't like Budweiser but two weeks ago on the Pride I drank them out of it! So i do not think it is Budweiser. That is all I had and I have the sail and sign bill to prove it. They ran out of itnon the last night....lol I had between 7 and 10 a day.

Both are made by Anheuser Busch for their respective venues.

My husband was so excited the first time he had the Aruba Red. It made him feel like he was still on a ship.