RCI Visa reward points

I just redeemed enough points for $300 OBC for an upcoming cruise. My husband also has his own RCI VISA account. Does anybody know if he can redeem rewards from his account and apply it to this same sailing we're taking? He's got enough for $150 OBC and I'd like to combine the two, but not sure if I can.

Anybody know?

Thanks!

I just redeemed enough points for $300 OBC for an upcoming cruise. My husband also has his own RCI VISA account. Does anybody know if he can redeem rewards from his account and apply it to this same sailing we're taking? He's got enough for $150 OBC and I'd like to combine the two, but not sure if I can.

Anybody know?

Thanks!

yes he can apply them

Good Luck!! I am having the worst time trying to redeem my points!! First, the girl told me I had to have 15000 points (I have 13000).anyway, long story short, what a hassle it was!! I mean, I actually got stressed out, and then she wouldn't give me my certificate #'s. I asked to speak to her Supervisor and she then said she was sure SHE could help me.

Good Luck!! I am having the worst time trying to redeem my points!! First, the girl told me I had to have 15000 points (I have 13000).anyway, long story short, what a hassle it was!! I mean, I actually got stressed out, and then she wouldn't give me my certificate #'s. I asked to speak to her Supervisor and she then said she was sure SHE could help me.

Sorry to hear you had this problem. I have redeemed points multiple times and fortunately have never had an issue with getting it done. I use mine for OBC too.

I have never encountered a problem redeeming points. You can clearly redeem 10000 points. 2 5000 point certificates and it's a done deal.

Bottom line, yes he can redeem points for the same sailing. Treat them as separate transactions. You should get your redemption certificate, fill it out and send it in. Your DH can do the same.

Note that the people who answer the phone when you call are not dealing only with RCCI credit cards, they have a host of different redemption / benefit cards and after you call in and they pull up the redemption screen do they know what you are eligible for.

I also found this information on another thread very useful:

All you have to do is call 1-888-305-4626 about 3-4 weeks after sending the certificate(s) in and after giving them your booking number they will tell you if it has been applied to your booking.

You can then request another Confirmation Invoice from RCI and under "Booking charges" will be listed the following Code.........C30C-$$$-OBC P-P (substitute the dollar amount of your OBC for the $$$) which also indicates that it has been applied to your booking.

The reason you don't find out about it until Day 2 is because they have to make sure that you actually checked in at the pier and are on board the ship. Once this has been confirmed combined with the information from Miami, the OBC is added to your on board account.

Another point about combining points. You CAN both redeem points and receive separate certificates that you can use for OBC or reduction of cruise fare. In your case, you have a $300 certificate and your husband has a $150 certificate. Those two will add up to $450 in OBC or $450 off your cruise fare. What you CAN NOT do is combine points for a single certificate. For example; if you have 45,000 points and your husband has 30,000 points, you can't combine those to make a 75,000 point certificate for a free companion fare. All of the points must be on the same account to do that.

Archived