Any must-try MDR foods or ones to avoid?

• 3 weeks later...

I also love the chilled fruit soups. On our most recent cruise in March, I skipped the watermelon soup for a salad but then regretted it. When it was time to order dessert, I asked the waiter if it might be too late to get the watermelon soup for dessert. He offered to bring it out in a glass with a straw! It was perfect as a smoothie, and that became my habit to get the cold fruit soup for dessert.

Hi Mjflowers,

I agree with you:

Think that those animals are killed unnecessarily, when someone does not eat the food he has ordered.:(

Unfortunately, whether or not someone eats the food, the animals were killed a long time before they were loaded onto the ship. If the food is going in the trash from the kitchen because it wasn't ordered it's even a bigger waste. They can't re-freeze what's already been defrosted. What about all the food in the supermarkets that goes unsold past the sell by date and then has to be dumped?

Yes they still have the Savory Bites - I am normally not a big bread eater but I have on of these each night.

We order the Indian Entree as a "side" and share it.

So glad to see someone finally mentioning the Savoury Bites. Let your waiter know you like them and you will get plenty all week !

We took 6 cruises on RCC and was disappointed with the food in the main dining room with the exception of Caesar Salad and I always ordered with tomatoes

Soups are meant to be hot not cold. The Tiger shrimp were not very fresh at all and cocktail sauce was gross. I hate lobster so never ate that.

Steak was only thing I ate since I'm a very picky eater. They never had traditional food. We ate at Chops at least twice on one cruise or at the Windjammer.

The only time the food was good in the Windjammer was when they first put it out and open the doors

Breakfast and Lunch in the main dining room was the best.

Archived