Any must-try MDR foods or ones to avoid?

Will be on Enchantment in just days, and would appreciate some recommendations on which food items in the MDR are not to be missed or conversely, really ought to be avoided. I know that food preferences are subjective, but I'm trusting that there will be some things that will be consistent across many people's tastes. There was a thread similar to this about a month ago, but it has since died out, and I was hoping to get a new one started up again.

Will be on Enchantment in just days, and would appreciate some recommendations on which food items in the MDR are not to be missed or conversely, really ought to be avoided. I know that food preferences are subjective, but I'm trusting that there will be some things that will be consistent across many people's tastes. There was a thread similar to this about a month ago, but it has since died out, and I was hoping to get a new one started up again.

:confused:

Why didn't you just resurrect the old thread?

I had a desert that was an orange chocolate mousse type thing. I wasn't expecting much and it was quite surprising. I ordered a second one to take back to the cabin for my 13 yo who had left before desert. He gave it a thumbs up.

Lobster night, the steak was terrible. I forget what type of cut it was supposed to be, but I'm not picky when it comes to steak, and I couldn't eat it. The Lobster was also really really really chewy. I don't think I'd order either again, though I may give the lobster a try one more time since people seem to get so excited about it... Don't get me wrong, I love lobster... I just didn't like the lobster on the ship.

Lobster night, the steak was terrible. I forget what type of cut it was supposed to be, but I'm not picky when it comes to steak, and I couldn't eat it. The Lobster was also really really really chewy. I don't think I'd order either again, though I may give the lobster a try one more time since people seem to get so excited about it... Don't get me wrong, I love lobster... I just didn't like the lobster on the ship.

I agree. Personally, I like the items that are better after long slow cooking and not the ones that are easily overcooked. However, if I'm not cooking, serving or cleaning up, I will enjoy!

Try all of the cold soups - most are like a dessert. Don't be afraid to try new things - if you don't like it - don't eat it. Order two things and try a little of both. One of the great things about a cruise - you don't have to pay extra to try new things and feel guilty if you don't like it and don't eat it.

Last week on FOS, my daughter ordered off the kids menu an appetizer of Tortilla chips with guacomole. It was one of THE BEST guacamole dips I've tasted! I made her order it every night;)

I also love the cold fruit soups! The only one of them I avoid is the one with watermelon - not because it's not good, but because for some reason watermelon just doesn't agree with me any more.:confused: My favorites are the peach and the apple.:)

Judy

Unless something has changed the Dirty Dishwater Soup, aka Lobster Bisque, is horrible.

Agree completely. It is terrible how RCL takes a great soup like lobster bisque and makes it so very bad.

My advice is pretty simple. Try a lot of the food.

And you can do so by ordering 3 appetizers and 2 dinners every night ..... or more if you so desire.

Go for it.:cool:

Are there any menus available so I can advance drool? I take it you can order as many dishes as you want? Problem with me is that I dont like a lot of food at once, and I am not used to large size portions. Would it confuse the heck out of them if I ordered an entree for an entree, then an entree for a main meal? When I see a lot of food at once, I usually lose my appetite. Weird hey?:o

My last cruise was in 1982. I hated it. And I can still remember the soups as being the most disgusting thing.

I take it you can order as many dishes as you want? Problem with me is that I dont like a lot of food at once, and I am not used to large size portions. Would it confuse the heck out of them if I ordered an entree for an entree, :o

Deal with it.

You put your order in, order as much as you want, and let the wait staff serve you.

Don't worry. I won't let it affect you in any way.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Try to consider the wait staff. They are serving anywhere from 2,000 to 6,000 dinners every night, 7 days a week.

However, if you want to order a main dinner as an appetizer and an appetizer as a main dinner, and a dessert as an appetizer, and an appetizer as a dessert, I am sure the wait staff will do everything they can to accomodate you.

Archived