The great towel rip off

Do the ships have a separate person to check the mini-bar or is it left up to the room steward? I always thought it was an additional job for the room steward to check to see if anything had been consumed since they were the only ones who knew it had been emptied.

Tucker in Texas

It used to be part of the cabin steward's job. However, a while ago there was some discussion here about how that responsibility was given over to another department. There was some concern on these boards because now it meant another person having regular access to the cabins in addition to the steward. It was felt that the less people going in and out of the cabins the better.

This summer on the Allure I went to check out 2 more towels and they said I already had the MAX number of towels checked out. (we already had 2) But based on what his computer said we had 4 checked out two each. I had to spend 15-20 mins of my seas day debating the number of towels we had checked out. So now when I return my towels I always reconfirm with the towel guy that I have zero checked out RIGHT?!?

You only have to return towels once the whole cruise. At the end

The rest of the time, you just exchange

Archived