Need help - Exotic Eastern or Exotic Western?!

PinkSand26

Hello -

I've narrowed down my ship and time frame for my next cruise. It will be on the Glory in the beginning of November(either 6th or 13th). I just can't decide on which itinerary.

Last year we went on the Valor - Exotic Western(Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, Cayman Islands) and really enjoyed it.

We have the option to do this same itinerary on the the Glory this year OR

We could do the Exotic Eastern to Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, San Juan, Puerto Rico, and Grand Turk Island.

I've already been to St. Thomas on a previous cruise, but have not been to the other stops.

For those of you that have...what do you recommend? Is either better for weather or less chance of bad weather in November?

We are late 20's married couple with no kids. We love beach time, snorkeling, and diving.

The cost is about the same, so that is not a factor.

Thanks!!

I'll take the Eastern Itinerary ANY DAY over the Western Itinerary.

The only exception is if the Eastern Itinerary includes Nassau. Then I'll pick the Western Itinerary...

Eastern is by far the better option! I have done both and Eastern is my favorite! Just more "tropical" feel to it and better scenery. Just my opinion. If the cost is about the same, do it. Normally, the Eastern is more expensive.

There is nothing "exotic" about these places.

Same old tired cruise ports all the ships too...

Not really sure how this is helpful ? Those are just the names of the itineraries. I didn't make that up myself! haha And some people are not tired of these cruise ports and enjoy going on cruises to the Carribean...so I guess I am asking for those opinions...Thanks

Not really sure how this is helpful ? Those are just the names of the itineraries. I didn't make that up myself! haha And some people are not tired of these cruise ports and enjoy going on cruises to the Carribean...so I guess I am asking for those opinions...Thanks

it's not helpful at all. maybe they didn't find the right places to consider it exotic.:D my vote would be for eastern caribbean. lots of beautiful beaches and variety of things to do. i have done both.

I have done both, and love them both! Since you've already done the Western though, I definitely recommend the Eastern. Loved every one of those ports!! San Juan is amazing for the history and exploring the city, Grand Turk is very different from every other island I've ever been to - nice snorkelling/kayaking excursions available there, and Half Moon Cay is beautiful, especially if you like to hike, and explore the rest of the island for awhile away from the crowds at the beach.

My DH and I cruised the Exotic Eastern itinerary back in May 2011 on the Carnival Liberty and we loved it!! Half Moon Cay was our favorite stop, we enjoyed a relaxing beach day there. In St. Thomas we did some great snorkeling, San Juan we toured the city and forts, and Grand Turk we took it easy and enjoyed Margaritaville and the freshwater pool.

Hello -

We could do the Exotic Eastern to Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, San Juan, Puerto Rico, and Grand Turk Island.

I've already been to St. Thomas on a previous cruise, but have not been to the other stops.

Here is my take on the ports of call.

Eastern:

Half Moon Cay, beautiful place, not much sea life to see.

St Thomas. Love Magens Bay and Coki Pt. Dove a CP and it was pretty good.

San Juan, Big city atmosphere, no diving, did a Segeway tour here, lots of fun.

Grand Turk, Great diving. Dropped into the bedroom of a couple dolphins:eek:, saw a nerf shark and a pretty nice wall. One of 4 best diving spots we have been to.

Western:

Cozumel, our favorite diving spot (Diving with Alison). We love diving here.

Grand Cayman, diving here was very disappointing to us. We used Don Fosters, never again.

Costa Maya, the first time here we did Mayan Ruins. We are going back in Oct and will do some diving this time.

Belize, our diving excursion here last year was cancelled due to weather conditions. We did zip cord here once and cave tubing once and had a great time both times. Wish we could have dove here last year though.

Roatan, dove here twice. Great diving at Anthony's Cay. Saw quite a few fish, several Moray Eels and a few turtles. Nice wall with plenty of Marine life.

We prefer the Western itinerary for more diving excursions. This year, weather permitting, we will dive in Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan and Belize. You cannot do four days of diving on the Eastern itinerary.

We have been on the Glory twice. You will like the ship. It's beautiful and has a great crew. The only problem we had on the first time on the Glory was figureing out how to get to the dinning room. It is a challenge for sure but we got it together by the third day onboard.

We are doing that exact Western Itinerary next year for the diving. My husband will dive in all 4 ports, I will dive in 3 because I want to do the cave tubing in Belize with my family. We are doing a family Discover Scuba in Costa Maya where my brother, sister, and dad will join us :)

We are doing that exact Western Itinerary next year for the diving. My husband will dive in all 4 ports, I will dive in 3 because I want to do the cave tubing in Belize with my family. We are doing a family Discover Scuba in Costa Maya where my brother, sister, and dad will join us :)

You will love the diving in Cozumel and Roatan. Lots of sea life and coral formations and a nice wall in Roatan.:D

Hello -

I've narrowed down my ship and time frame for my next cruise. It will be on the Glory in the beginning of November(either 6th or 13th). I just can't decide on which itinerary.

Last year we went on the Valor - Exotic Western(Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, Cayman Islands) and really enjoyed it.

We have the option to do this same itinerary on the the Glory this year OR

For those of you that have...what do you recommend? Is either better for weather or less chance of bad weather in November?

We are late 20's married couple with no kids. We love beach time, snorkeling, and diving.

The cost is about the same, so that is not a factor.

Thanks!!

We did that eastern itin on Liberty last year and really enjoyed it. Good ports, I'd go with that one for sure.

We're going on the Nov 6th Glory Eastern Itinerary. We've done the western twice and if I was going to do the Western I'd choose the Legend. I'm not a big fan of Belize because we don't dive or snorkel. I do like Grand Cayman and Coz but I've been there and done that. Roatan was nice but a little boring once you see the port. I'm happy to see some different places.

Thank you for all the great feedback. I'll have to take this to my husband to decide. He was bummed because we didn't get to dive (with Allison) last year in Cozumel due to weather, and our snorkeling trip in Belize was also canceled due to weather... AND!!! our snorkeling trip was also not good in Roatan last year do to weather... the water was all stirred up...so maybe we will try this one again. We did the stingray excursion in Grand Cayman last year, and LOVED it, so we could always try that again, as an alternative to diving/snorkeling there. I'm hoping for a little bit less rainy weather this time. We went the last week in November last year, and plan to go early November this year...I know it's hit and miss, but I hope it is a little nicer this time. :) We have been on an Eastern itinerary 2 years ago, so I've already been to St. Thomas. The only one I'd really be interested on that one would be Grand Turk...and Half Moon Cay sounds beautiful...we'll see, but thank you all!! You made me feel better about possibly doing the same cruise again but on the Glory , instead of Valor. And I also feel good if we choose the Eastern as well. Can't go wrong! :)

Archived