How much importance do you place on food

How much importance do you place on food?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. How much importance do you place on food?

• Its the reason I cruise
    • Its very important in my decision, but not #1
    • It doesnt play a part in my decision to book
    • I like food, but its not that serious
    • I sail for the ports and ship, not the food

I for one like the new MDR menu's......they retain MOST of the original fancier items, all of the Carnival Classic items and have added a new exotic appetizer and a comfort selection.......while I wouldn't normally choose meatloaf or fried chicken on a cruise, it's nice to have an option available for people who don't want to try what is considered the more fancy dishes.....

Food is not one of the main reasons why we cruise. We love the ship, the sea days, the ports, the entertainment and "drinks of the day", etc. etc. We are pretty easy to please when it comes to food. If I don't have to cook it or wash dishes I'm pretty happy. I usually enjoy most foods on the cruise, and we enjoy both the main dining room and the buffet. I enjoy trying new foods, even if it's just a bite or two. We never have problems finding something we like, and on the rare occasion we don't like something we just get something else instead.

In 30+ cruises I've only found one night in the MDR when I couldn't find an entree selection I would enjoy and that was on an Italian themed dinner night.

I don't cruise for the food, although I do enjoy sitting down to a dinner that I didn't have to cook and watch the dirty dishes disappear before my eyes. I pick cruises for the number of sea days, love the sea days, and for the opportunity to unpack once, sit back and let the Captain do the driving, er, navigating.:D

Dianne

hmmm that poll, the last 3 choices need to be consolidated to get a proper picture. If food isn't an important factor when choosing your cruise, all 3 of the bottom options could be TRUE.

Food doesn't play a part in booking my cruise

I like food but it's not that important

I book for the ship and ports, not the food.

All 3 are just different ways to say that the new menu changes aren't going to affect your cruise.

hmmm that poll, the last 3 choices need to be consolidated to get a proper picture. If food isn't an important factor when choosing your cruise, all 3 of the bottom options could be TRUE.

Food doesn't play a part in booking my cruise

I like food but it's not that important

I book for the ship and ports, not the food.

All 3 are just different ways to say that the new menu changes aren't going to affect your cruise.

You can consolidate the percentages. I like the multiple choices rather than saying is food important yes or no. Because usually its never just a yes or no option.

Im assuming people choose the option that reflected their feelings, but they are also free to expound on them.

I didnt alter the options, so I could see if there was a change since the previous poll

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=795262

We enjoy the food and it does affect our cruise decisions. Since we live in Florida, most of our cruises have been from here; we done those ports so much that we don't give a rodent's backside about them. Entertainment, however, is one of the biggest factors for us.

That is why we've been to Las Vegas twice each of the last two years. We find that we don't spend any more than we do on a cruise, but we can choose the shows and do as many as time permits.

Our next cruise is to Hawaii so we are looking forward to the ports (and the food and the entertainment). But cruise lines seem to be cutting back on the two areas that are most important to us, so we'll make our vacation decisions accordingly.

We would like to vote in your poll, "SouthernCaribbean," but we do not find our reply in your list of choices.

Your first two options [with the missing apostrophes added] are:

1. It's the reason I cruise.

2. It's very important in my decision, but not #1.

Our reply would have been this:

1a. It's the #1 factor, but not the only factor, in our decision.

Notice that it is not "the reason" we cruise, but is the most important of several reasons. You didn't allow for this answer. I hope that you'll offer more options when you run the poll again (perhaps next year).

Does anyone know if they still have the nutritional information on the new menue? I love food but usually stick to the lower calorie fare, knowing what the nutritional/calorie information usually is very helpfull in my selections.

While it's not the first thing I look at it is something that I consider while cruising. For example DH and I are thinking about taking a Celebrity cruise and I want to sail in AQ but that means I'll have to eat at Blu. I'm not interested in eating at Blu.

If I saw the menu's and there was nothing I wanted to eat I would hesitate to sail with the line.

Archived