8-18-11 - Thursday Weigh-in ... Welcome one and all

Jan_In_Maine

Hi - I waited for Belle to post, but she must be busy, so without the poem I'm starting the weigh-in

I am happy to report that I didn't gain at all .... didn't lose either, but didn't gain :D. Hope everyone has done well this week, would love to see a million and one people post.

PS - today is my 38th anniversary, so tomorrow will be a celebration, but I promise not to overeat/overdrink, etc. Jan

I posted a poem, was sure it went thru.

Can't post it again, just make them up

as I'm writing. So don't remember all of it. lol

Thanks Jan for starting the "weigh-in-thread".

Happy you didn't gain. Makes a good start for the week.

I'm the one of the million and one to post!

I'm like you..didn't gain, didn't lose but yesterday

it looked like I had lost. Well that's how it goes in my life

lately!

Congrats on your Anniversary! 38 Wonderful years!

Have a wonderful time!

Hey everyone! I'm new to the boards, but I was excited to see this section!!! I'm going on my first cruise in December and wanted to get into shape for it. I started Aug 1st by juicing. I watched the documentary 'Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead' and it inspired me to try a 10 day juice fast. I make all my own juices from mostly veggies and some fruits. In the first 6 days I had already lost almost 11lb! I didn't make it all the way to day 10, but I kept juicing for breakfast and lunch and then would have a salad for dinner. It's surprising how satisfying it was once I got on a healthy eating schedule. I have since lost another 4lbs. I am trying another 10 day detox. Today is day 1! I want to prove to myself that I can do the 10 days! lol. I am so glad I found this thread since I weight in on Thursdays anyways.

Weight loss this week: 3 lb

Weight loss total: 13.6:D

Happy Anniversary Jan! :)

I am down 1.5 this week which I will gladly take. I am not sure how next week will be considering I was on vacation this week and didn't eat as well as I should have. I just need to get back on track, because I really know based on my weight and what I have done in the past I can have 3-5 pound losses in a week.

I hope everyone has a good week-postivie weight loss thoughts for everyone! :)

Joey we were posting at the same time!

Happy Anniversary! Have a good one!

Jan hope you had a great Ffriday with the "hubby"

and a good weekend.

TB welcome. great loss. Don't know I could do

juice fast. More power to you.

Diana glad you got some of the water weight off.

Isn't it funny how some foods effect us?

Rose see I'm always right..the scale is evil! lol

Jenn good loss and have a great vacation.

Everyone have a nice weekend and try to stay

on plan, know weekends are hard, especialy during

the summer.

Hope you did..Fun wise and eating wise!

Why do I do what I do?

Sunday morning had a loss. Great!

Then Sunday I eat to much..the loss is gone!

My fault I know but why when eat to much..

gain fast, right? But eat less..lose slow, right?

I know take it day by day but somedays you want to..

SCREAM! LOL

Let's see some "chit-chat" in here this week.

Thursday is near!

We celebrated our anniversary and I had a cookie with ice cream and a few drinks, but I'm still hoping that I will stay the same on Thursday.

I'm going walking tomorrow night ... hopefully I'll walk 3-4 miles. I'm thinking about doing a half marethon (spelling?) next year ... walking only ... we will see. Jan

So far, so good this week (at least I think, anyway...scale always seems to disagree).

I am going to Florida in October so I am going to set another personal mini-goal to keep myself on track. I am hoping to be down the 2# I gained plus another 5# by the time I leave. It's not a huge goal but I need small attainable goals or I get overwhelmed.

Rose

Just curious-how much does everyone have to lose total (not just before their cruise)? I have a lot of weight to lose (I would like to lose 100lbs-sounds so bad)-so my cruise goal is just a small goal on the way to a much bigger goal-hopefully. As weight has been an issue my whole life-it's a very frustrating journey! Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as I am for weight loss.

jennb - I've been on a diet for a very long time ... since about 2003 anyway. I've lost a total of 47# and really really would love to lose another 30#, but I should lose 10# to be in a healthy weight, but my body really wants to stay where it is.

I have been using this board to keep my motivation up and to make myself accountable. It would be very easy for me to gain the 47# in just a few weeks.

I also have a few health problems - diabetes, cholesterol, and high blood pressure. I had been told to just enjoy my life as I would need bi-pass by the time I was 40. I've beat the odds, but it is very important that I continue to be healthy.

I feel better than I have in years, and I enjoy the encouragement of everyone on these boards ... Jan

Just curious-how much does everyone have to lose total (not just before their cruise)? I have a lot of weight to lose (I would like to lose 100lbs-sounds so bad)-so my cruise goal is just a small goal on the way to a much bigger goal-hopefully. As weight has been an issue my whole life-it's a very frustrating journey! Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as I am for weight loss.

I had 30# to lose. Have lost 13# so far. I had lost 15, but gained 2# back. Good luck with your weight loss.

Rose

good answer Jan,

I too use this board for motivation and accountability. I need to loose 10 pounds at this point, would rather loose 15 so I have a little play room. I am down 65 pounds from my heaviest.

I have yo-yoed my entire life but hopefully no more. I now know that it all about intake (calories) and outtake (exercise).

It really helps to have someplace to come to and chat, which we need to do more of (I'm the worst) and post weekly.

Have a good day everyone.

Today is our 25th.

Joey

good answer Jan,

I too use this board for motivation and accountability. I need to loose 10 pounds at this point, would rather loose 15 so I have a little play room. I am down 65 pounds from my heaviest.

I have yo-yoed my entire life but hopefully no more. I now know that it all about intake (calories) and outtake (exercise).

It really helps to have someplace to come to and chat, which we need to do more of (I'm the worst) and post weekly.

Have a good day everyone.

Today is our 25th.

Joey

Happy Anniversary to you and your wife, Joey.

Rose

Archived