Favorite things to do or see after boarding

CanWeGoYet?

Do you have a favorite thing to do or see once you are back on board? A thing that means the cruise is finally underway again?

I pack some bubbles to blow from my balcony as the ship starts to move. You dip the wand and can just hold it out in the breeze generated by the ship moving. Once it hits full speed it's too fast & doesn't work, but for few minutes (not sure how long exactly, haven't timed it!) it is perfect & you get streams of bubbles with very little effort!

After that, I head out on deck. My very favorite thing to see is the sunset over the water on embarkation day. With a pina colada in my hand & friends around, there is nothing better.

Oh, and I love the sound of the horn blasting! Wish I were on board right now.

Well so far every ship has been a different one for us so we love to start exploring. When we get in the cabin a little dance of joy is in order.

We are also bubble blowers and I love the sound of the horn, it gives me a huge happy smile:D

Kris

We tend to get on very early...around noon. So, only place open is buffet. Then to room to drop off carry on(s), then explore ship.

same for me..easier to sit by the buffet near my bags for an hour or two then trying to carry along while exploring. Once everything is in the cabin, then i explore the ship

Jackie,

You are really starting to seem just as excited as I am about our upcoming cruise!:D I am loving this bubble idea I keep reading about! I like to hang out on our balcony and look at all the activity around the port. We like to come on the ship late so we can go straight to our room when we get on. We usually hit the buffet first and then hang out on our balcony until muster drill time. Then the Lido for Sail away

Jackie,

You are really starting to seem just as excited as I am about our upcoming cruise!:D I am loving this bubble idea I keep reading about! I like to hang out on our balcony and look at all the activity around the port. We like to come on the ship late so we can go straight to our room when we get on. We usually hit the buffet first and then hang out on our balcony until muster drill time. Then the Lido for Sail away

I am. And it's just KILLIN' me that it's still so far away! I have no patience at all. I wish I knew how to post a picture of me & best friend at sail away sunset a couple years ago. I can only change my avatar, don't know how to post a picture in the thread.

I definitely get something to eat & cup of coffee at the lido after boarding. But it's just a quick bite, not the important thing like being out on deck or on my balcony.

I don't know why it took a few tries or why it took me so long to catch the cruise bug. But I'm glad I did, being on a ship beats the pants off any other type of vacation as far as I'm concerned.

First thing we do when we board is go to the Atrium Bar and order 2 Pina Coladas, one for each hand. You know, the Garth Brooks song, "Two Pina Coladas, one for each hand, set sail with Captain Morgan, though we never leave dry land." Only exception is we definately leave dry land.:D

Stop at the Atrium bar for a Miami Vice. Then, grab a bite to eat as the first night is usually a long night. Our next cruise it will just be my husband and me, so maybe this time I will check out the spa to enter the raffle. A little less planning involved if it is just two of us instead of 4 or 6 and trying to coordinate activities ahead of time. First year we didn't do sailaway at all since there was a Packer playoff game on, but the last couple we were either on our balcony or the Lido deck. Ah, can't wait for the next one to 'worry' about what to do first...

Roll the carry-ons right up to the Lido and plop down at an outside table. Then have drinks delivered and take turns getting food from the buffet and for me, the grill.

Before long it's time to roll on over to the cabin, usually at about 1:30. Unload the suitcases right quick and head up top side for shove off and more libations.

First thing we do is take several deep breaths and enjoy the "cruise ship smell". Always smells the same - we know we're "home" again! Then we head off to the dining room for a relaxing lunch and realize that our vacation has officially begun. After lunch, off on a tour of the ship!

We always board as early as possible and carry our bathing suits on in our beach bag. Once we board, we head for the purser's desk for anything we need, and then the maitre'd. Once those things are settled, we are officially worry free and fully on vacation!

We typically hit the Lido for lunch, then change into our suits, order our drinks and hit a lounger until sometime between 2-3. Then, we head to our rooms where most of the time our luggage is waiting! We unpack, shower, head to muster and then back to the balcony for the first of MANY relaxing moments out there! We don't waste a second of our first day on board!!! LOVE IT! :D:p

Archived