Captain's Circle Host help with CC invites?

sashas_mom

I've organized quite a few Meet & Greet's and know how to contact the Princess personnel to set them up. However, we have a huge roll call, largest I've ever been in (over 400), and I'm organizing a group for High Tea and for Sabatini's. In the past I've contacted our fellow CC members personally with a phone call or note in their mailbox as a reminder of the event a day or two before. However, with such a large group I'm wondering if someone on the staff, at the pursers desk, or Captain Circle desk, would help arranging reminders to be put in the mailboxes if I have a list of guests and cabin numbers. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I've organized quite a few Meet & Greet's and know how to contact the Princess personnel to set them up. However, we have a huge roll call, largest I've ever been in (over 400), and I'm organizing a group for High Tea and for Sabatini's. In the past I've contacted our fellow CC members personally with a phone call or note in their mailbox as a reminder of the event a day or two before. However, with such a large group I'm wondering if someone on the staff, at the pursers desk, or Captain Circle desk, would help arranging reminders to be put in the mailboxes if I have a list of guests and cabin numbers. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I would try either the Cruise Diector or the Purser to see if you can get help.

I have planned luncheons on a much smaller scale, but the Purser's Desk printed sufficient copies for me. I put cabin numbers on them and dropped them at the Purser's Desk for delivery.

If you have envelopes or letters addressed to go, give them enough time and they may help deliver them, but I doubt they would print them and send them out...

I've organized quite a few Meet & Greet's and know how to contact the Princess personnel to set them up. However' date=' we have a huge roll call, largest I've ever been in (over 400), and I'm organizing a group for High Tea and for Sabatini's. In the past I've contacted our fellow CC members personally with a phone call or note in their mailbox as a reminder of the event a day or two before. However, with such a large group I'm wondering if someone on the staff, at the pursers desk, or Captain Circle desk, would help arranging reminders to be put in the mailboxes if I have a list of guests and cabin numbers. Has anyone had any experience with this?[/quote']

The Pursar's Desk will help you as long as you have names and cabin numbers. They'll get copies made and distributed to the cabins with sufficient notice. Also, let the CD know of your plans. With 400 people, he'll be interested in knowing of your get-togethers.

I have never seen staff supplied to assist in making out or printing invites for a private group, they are busy with shipboard activities and have their own jobs to do. I might suggest you do this before you leave, and if you don't know the date yet, leave the date blank and fill it in onboard after you find out. You might ask for volunteers from the roll call to help, as this won't be an easy job for one or two people. But I would not count on the ships staffs on this one.

While there are 400 people on the roll call, that's not how many will be attending the events I'm in charge of, so hopefully it will be easier. Thanks for the suggestion of going to the Pursers desk and having copies made. I will have a list I can give them and will be happy to put the cabin numbers on the copies if they will arrange delivery.

Thanks.

When I organised the meet and greet on our recent africa india cruise the Princess department that deals with M&G's now asked for the names and cabin numbers of those who wanted to attend and they ALL got a private invitation from the pursers desk staff. I had over 80 and they all got one except someone who had changed cabins at the last moment. The person in their old cabin attended as well with their invitation They also supplied refreshments and lots of staff visited us and the tour lady offered to assist with any private tour disembarkation plans to give us preferred tender seating etc. :)

This is not the norm by far. I'm working on an M+G now and Princess did not want anything other than a rough count.

When I organised the meet and greet on our recent africa india cruise the Princess department that deals with M&G's now asked for the names and cabin numbers of those who wanted to attend and they ALL got a private invitation from the pursers desk staff. I had over 80 and they all got one except someone who had changed cabins at the last moment. The person in their old cabin attended as well with their invitation They also supplied refreshments and lots of staff visited us and the tour lady offered to assist with any private tour disembarkation plans to give us preferred tender seating etc. :)

Suggestion 1:

Enlist volunteers from your roll call. See if you can find one volunteer for each passenger deck to distribute the notices.

Suggestion 2:

Ask the Cruise Director to put a notice in the Patter for the appropriate day. He/she may be willing with such a large number of passengers that could be interested in attending.

Wow preferred tendering even? This sounds very unfair to people who don't travel with large groups. I'd personally be pissed if I had to wait behind a large group who had private tours, just because they were a group. If the offer was to keep you together AFTER the others disembark, then that would be ok.

Remember the staff work very hard already. I wouldn't expect to add a large job to their already hectic schedules. Pre-print your invites, and get a volunteer from your group to deliver to each floor.

Hi There

So much will depend on your cruise director, do you know who this will be,

some will put a notice in the patter others will not

some will give you a name check on the morning show, many will not

some will contact senior officers and organise a steady stream of them

again many will not.

yours Shogun

Wow preferred tendering even? This sounds very unfair to people who don't travel with large groups. I'd personally be pissed if I had to wait behind a large group who had private tours, just because they were a group. If the offer was to keep you together AFTER the others disembark, then that would be ok.

Actually, forcing independent travelers to wait until all Princess tour participants have tendered is unfair.

In effect it is extortion to tell passengers who have paid the same as others to be on a cruise that they must pay extra to be on a Princess tour in order to fully enjoy the ports on a cruise.

Having tenders for both Princess tours and independent travelers should be no problem, alternating which type of traveler gets on the next tender.

Thank you for the fine suggestions. I have volunteers who have offered to help distribute the reminders. Having copies made at the pursors desk was a very helpful suggestion. I don't need 400 copies...that's how many people are in the roll call....I'm just organizing some special events and only those that signed up for them will be coming. Keep in mind too that they are couples, so it wouldn't be a copy for each person anyway.

As always CC members were very helpful and came up with excellent suggestions. Thank you all.

Eileen

Actually, forcing independent travelers to wait until all Princess tour participants have tendered is unfair.

In effect it is extortion to tell passengers who have paid the same as others to be on a cruise that they must pay extra to be on a Princess tour in order to fully enjoy the ports on a cruise.

Having tenders for both Princess tours and independent travelers should be no problem, alternating which type of traveler gets on the next tender.

They do not force all independent travelers to wait until all Princess excursions are ashore. People in Suites and Elite members of the Captain Circle can take any tender they want. They then load on one or more groups for Princess excursions. They then load enough independents to fill the tender. The independents are loaded in the order they got tickets.

They do not force all independent travelers to wait until all Princess excursions are ashore. People in Suites and Elite members of the Captain Circle can take any tender they want. They then load on one or more groups for Princess excursions. They then load enough independents to fill the tender. The independents are loaded in the order they got tickets.

on the aussie princess ship sometimes they make the elite wait and let the tours go first and the elites get on the back of the line if there's room on the first tender other wise we have to get the second tender

Archived