Upgrade question

FamilyVacation2012

If you booked a guarantee, then yes, you could get moved to an A4 which Cunard considers an upgrade. Did you or your travel agent mark your booking "do not upgrade"? If you booked a specific B2 cabin rather than the guarantee, you should not be moved. It's not foolproof as some past posts will attest.

I would recommend that you call your TA or Cunard to verify that you are marked "do not upgrade" if you don't want to spend your voyage with a big orange lifeboat.

If you booked a guarantee, then yes, you could get moved to an A4 which Cunard considers an upgrade. Did you or your travel agent mark your booking "do not upgrade"? If you booked a specific B2 cabin rather than the guarantee, you should not be moved. It's not foolproof as some past posts will attest.

I would recommend that you call your TA or Cunard to verify that you are marked "do not upgrade" if you don't want to spend your voyage with a big orange lifeboat.

I believe that even if you have booked a specific cabin, unless you have ticked the "do not upgrade" button, the upgrade fairy may still call. :)

If I have a specific cabin number assigned (in B2), can I still be involuntarily upgraded to A4 (obstructed view)? If so, is there a way to prevent this? Thanks.

Hi FamilyVacation, others have given good advice previously.

Just to add that I have not read any account of a B Category booking being "upgraded" to A4. No doubt for many A4 is an upgrade, but I've never read any complaints about an A4 category upgrade except for those who book A4 Guarantee whilst counting on an upgrade, but got what they booked.

HOWEVER, you did not mention what category you booked, only that you were assigned B2. What category did you book? Of course you know that if you booked a guarantee category, you are guaranteed at least that category or better, and once you sign up for that it is not "involuntary". The only way to prevent an upgrade to select a specific cabin and mark it "do not upgrade". Regards, -S.

I had booked a specific cabin and because my travel agent did not mark it no upgrade (which I always specified) I was upgraded from a B2 to A2. Uprades seem to be a real mystery.

By the way, I lost my original cabin but I did go back to a B2 and I no longer use that travel agent.

Linda

I had booked a specific cabin and because my travel agent did not mark it no upgrade (which I always specified) I was upgraded from a B2 to A2. Uprades seem to be a real mystery.

By the way, I lost my original cabin but I did go back to a B2 and I no longer use that travel agent.

Linda

An A2 looks like a nice upgrade. I have a B2 guar for my cruise because it was all I could get when I booked. I would be thrilled to move to A2. I just don't want one of the A4s!

The last few cruises I've looked into the A4s were priced at or below the B2s. One would hope they don't consider it an upgrade...

I booked the B5 Guarantee mystery category on a future cruise rather than A4 which offered at a lower price. But I'm getting close to final payment date...to be continued :eek:

We booked a specific cabin, but it sounds like that may not be enough. So should I ask my travel agent to add "Do Not Upgrade" to my reservation file with Cunard, or specifically "Do Not Upgrade to A4"? Ours is a triple room and the only deluxe balcony triples are A4, which we clearly do not want. Of course I'd certainly take an upgrade to a suite (although I would think that would be unlikely for a summer crossing). Thanks for all of your good advice.

Archived