Room Service Menu -- Canapes - Appetizers

charlielinda

I can't seem to find a current room service menu posted on CC. But afraid when it comes to appetizers (such as a cheese and cracker tray), you will have to pre-order either that morning or the evening before, and there is a charge for it.

Room service has a small menu, but there are no real appetizers listed except those for a charge that need to be pre-ordered.

The only way around this is to bring a plate back from the buffet to enjoy before dinner.

I can tell you it is large, and enough for a small cocktail party with assorted cheese and crackers (the variety can be different depending on the ship). They don't offer the smaller ones for two that I have ever seen. Sorry!

I am still searching for the room service menu pictures that were posted some time ago........having no luck, but still searching.

Finally, Here you go.

Check out post #8 on this thread for the complete menu (there have been a few things added to it since this was posted, but none are appetizers I am afraid). I am not sure if items that are charged are still the same price now, as this was posted some time ago.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=16356994

My husband isn't going to be happy about that. He loves his cheese and crackers before dinner. So . . . can you tell me about the tray you would order earlier in the day and what it includes and how much. Thanks.

We take some cheese and crackers from the buffet each morning, put the cheese in the frig for the day and enjoy them during happy hour.

We take some cheese and crackers from the buffet each morning, put the cheese in the frig for the day and enjoy them during happy hour.

We also fix a plate from the buffet (cheese, crakers, fruit) to go with our before dinner drinks. I run up there late in the afternoon and then bring it back to the cabin to enjoy. No big deal to do and no cost! Plus....a little excercise before the wine on the balcony!;)

We also fix a plate from the buffet (cheese, crakers, fruit) to go with our before dinner drinks. I run up there late in the afternoon and then bring it back to the cabin to enjoy. No big deal to do and no cost! Plus....a little excercise before the wine on the balcony!;)

Our last few cruises have been on the Ocean P, and they are converting over the buffet late afternoon, so there was no cheese then. Being flexible, I adjusted the time of my cheese run to early afternoon.

We usually pre order one for the first day and it is waiting in our room when we check in. It lasts throughout the week (it is a huge tray). We just wrap it back up and store it in fridge each day.

You can also enjoy a wide variety of wonderful cheeses at Vines for a small charge. They have a much larger and more interesting selection than in the buffet.

I thought this was always included when you purchased wine at Vines; only sushi had a charge. Has this changed?

We usually pre order one for the first day and it is waiting in our room when we check in. It lasts throughout the week (it is a huge tray). We just wrap it back up and store it in fridge each day.

We have never pre-ordered things in the last few years and found them waiting for us in our stateroom (not sure when you last pre-ordered and had them waiting for you there though). Usually now if you pre-order you will find a voucher waiting for you and then you have to call room service to have it delivered. But that also must wait until closer to sailing as they don't deliver until around 4:00 from room service now.

I have been told it is because they aren't sure when you will board the ship and they don't want things sitting there getting warm if they are waiting for you early, and you don't board until late. If I may ask, when was the last time you pre-ordered a tray and found it waiting for you when you arrived in your stateroom on Princess?

How accommodating are they about making changes to the menu offerings? One of my favorite sandwiches is a BLT with Avocado. I see there is a veggie offering that is just missing the bacon. Will they make that combo? I notice they do offer to add cheese.

Also, does anyone have a picture of the doorhanger breakfast menu?

Thanks.

Yep, this is a ritual for us!! We both go in the afternoon. He gets crackers and cheese, I get broccoli and a few other munchies with a little ranch dressing. Perfect!

Janet

How accommodating are they about making changes to the menu offerings? One of my favorite sandwiches is a BLT with Avocado. I see there is a veggie offering that is just missing the bacon. Will they make that combo? I notice they do offer to add cheese.

Also, does anyone have a picture of the doorhanger breakfast menu?

Thanks.

No problem getting avocado added to a sandwich. I like the turkey club and always get avocado on it. I have also ordered hard boiled eggs at breakfast from room service and have always gotten them.

We usually bring some extra zip lock bags. We go to the Horizon Court and get some cheese and crackers, olives, veggies, put them in the baggies in the fridge and always have a snack handy while enjoying some wine in the cabin. :)

We have never pre-ordered things in the last few years and found them waiting for us in our stateroom (not sure when you last pre-ordered and had them waiting for you there though). Usually now if you pre-order you will find a voucher waiting for you and then you have to call room service to have it delivered. But that also must wait until closer to sailing as they don't deliver until around 4:00 from room service now.

I have been told it is because they aren't sure when you will board the ship and they don't want things sitting there getting warm if they are waiting for you early, and you don't board until late. If I may ask, when was the last time you pre-ordered a tray and found it waiting for you when you arrived in your stateroom on Princess?

We did this at the end of March on the Ruby. Yes, it was waiting in our cabin.

Archived