Western Mediterranean - which side?

I am soooo excited - just working on our 25th anniversary plans and one option is the & night out of Barcelona on the Liberty (Barcelona, Spain; Provence (Toulon), France; Villefranche (Nice), France; Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Naples, Capri, Italy; Barcelona, Spain)

Can anyone who has been on this itinerary suggest which side of the ship to book for the best views as we sail out? I was thinking port but I am not sure.

Thanks for any info regarding this question or any other advice you can give

Teresa :)

I am soooo excited - just working on our 25th anniversary plans and one option is the & night out of Barcelona on the Liberty (Barcelona, Spain; Provence (Toulon), France; Villefranche (Nice), France; Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Naples, Capri, Italy; Barcelona, Spain)

Can anyone who has been on this itinerary suggest which side of the ship to book for the best views as we sail out? I was thinking port but I am not sure.

I´ve been to all those ports except Provence. To be honest I think it doesn´t matter at all because IMHO none of the ports have a very picturesque sailaway.

There's in our opinion, only one port where you simply MUST be ON DECK and on the RIGHT (starboard) side of your ship. The port of Ville France Sur Mer (Nice)....the view is breathtaking, absolutely breathtaking! Be sure to be ON DECK early that morning!!

We agree with the previous poster, most ports are well.....ports.

We did that route this summer from port/aft. I totally agree with the previous poster... not a huge difference, but the views starboard-side views of Villefranche were the best. Starboard was also better for the sail out of Barcelona (nothing too spectacular). Portside was better for Toulon. The Italian ports are ports.

There's in our opinion, only one port where you simply MUST be ON DECK and on the RIGHT (starboard) side of your ship. The port of Ville France Sur Mer (Nice)....the view is breathtaking, absolutely breathtaking! Be sure to be ON DECK early that morning!!

Thanks for saying starboard is right side. I hate these technical terms :D

Our cabin is on the right hand side of the ship.

Don't know about getting up before 7am.

But presumably the view at 7pm when we leave Villefranche is also good

(if it's not dark at that time by September 19).

Oh - ! But Metaxus.... ;) .... Ville France Sur Mer is definitely worth getting up for before 7.00 AM. The view at 7.00 PM is good too but somehow not the same as that very first view the morning your ship arrives. :)

If you are planning any shore trips on your own, the train station is within walking distance from the tender docks, and in about 1/2 hour or so you can be walking the streets in Monaco. ( That's another reason to get up early for)

Just make sure it's not a national holiday, because the train station in Ville France will be unmanned and you'll need Euro coins for the ticket automat machine.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for saying starboard is right side. I hate these technical terms :D

Our cabin is on the right hand side of the ship.

Don't know about getting up before 7am.

But presumably the view at 7pm when we leave Villefranche is also good

(if it's not dark at that time by September 19).

Excellent, that is where our cabin is!

I have been checking the ship's progress on a website that shows the ship in port each day, and there doesnt seem to be much difference at all.

For the ports of Barcelona, Civitavecchia, Naples, Livorno, matters little IMHO. The only one where I'd even consider worrying at all would be Venice.

I Would pick a portside...or an aft,WE loved the aft,..But a portside is good,THE SHIP...is moving west to east along the coast,Have fun:p;)

Sure, but at nightime though on a Western Med Cruise so you dont see anything anyway. And on the way back, land is on starboard - on the BCN - BCN cruise anyway!;)

Archived