Sweet 16 on CCL Triumph 8/14-8/20

Cruise_Q

Chel had a wonderful time just looking and deciding what to buy

100_0222.jpg

100_0228.jpg

and they we find this guy to make the bracelets she wanted from the day before

100_0223.jpg

We asked the guy how long it would take, he said about 6 min...it took him 3 min. I taped/timed him...it was amazing. She was so happy with it and it cost about $8.00. Also, my sis thought to get a few for her G-kids, but she didn't and regretted it. She did buy lots of silver earrings, bracelets and such...we got a few FREE gifts too :)

100_0235.jpg

The gardens were so nice there...

At the back of the shopping area, there were cabs and vans that would take you to where ever you wanted to go.. We decided not go anywhere but just hang out in that area...

There were horse drawn buggies over there and they happened to see my DD do her hand stands and they ask her to do it again. She thinks they want her to flip, so she does...mind you, she had surgery on BOTH feet to remove screw implants that were put in 5 years ago, and had not done any flipping for 2 weeks prior...so MAMA was a little nervous about her doing this...she was so excited to do it and she did twice...and then they said she could take two Mexican boyfriends home for the price of one LOL

Fun time really :)

and the ships in the distance

100_0260.jpg

and so we ate, drank, and shopped the day away...

now back to the ship for more food LOL

and then as we are watching Gneameo and Juliette (which is a very cute movie) we hear Escasty blow it's horn to leave...but the ship does not move.

Then about 5 mins later, it blows again. I tell my sis, lets go to the side....more then one blow means runners LOL

and YES there was...we see the crew waiting and this guy pleading with them...and low and behold, he and one of the crew take off running back down the pier. Then we see this guy running with about 10 bags he out ran the other two...it was so funny to watch...and this lady taped it so it may be on YouTube also!!

the ocean as we leave Cozumel..

100_0283.jpg

We went to dinner that night...it was good as usual and the waiters all sang and danced as well. Prior to dinner Sis and I went to the past guest party...free drinks im in LOL. DD took a nap (too much shopping) then met us for dinner. After dinner we went to the New Wave Magic show...it was amazing...Chel was so upset that she could not get how the tricks were done...LOL...it was really good...DD then went to a "traffic light party" in Club O2. Sis and I went to MJ disco for the MJ tribute, danced and had fun. Then we went to the midnight show for A Kiss Good NIght.. it was by the same ppl who did the Magic show

Kevin & Caruso but it also had the Triumph Burlesque Dancers... it was a good show. We then went to the room and

100_0272.jpg

was waiting for us :)

DD made curfew and it was night night for us!!

I hope you get to feeling better...

I'm loving your trip report... It's awesome... You guys look fabulous!!!!

I can definitely tell your daughter is a gymnast's she has the most fabulous arms... Rae has them too. She competed gymnastics since she was 7 and after her sophmore year she quit... Out of the blue... Made me so crazy but her body hurt so bad... and yes she had those fabulous arms too... :)

Sounds like you guys had a blast... Your cake looked great... You did good. I know it was yummy cuz it was just like the cake we had. Was she so excited???

Sounds like Club Zero was great for her. I'm really glad...

Looks like you had a blast... I'm really glad. Looking forward to reading more...

Glad I found you.

Carolyn

GET WELL

Thanks I am feeling much better...happy reading:)

What gym was your daughter with? Did she compete at state/regional?

I really am enjoying your review.....The name of the church is St. Louis Cathedral........Although I live in Florida now, I grew up just outside of New Orleans......

Jackson Square and Church ( I forgot the name)

100_0031.jpg

Thanks...don't know why I can not remember that :rolleyes:...

I do remember that Pope John Paul II did mass there in 1987 :D

We watched the Ice Carving...

You can't really tell, but it was in Indian...it was fun to watch

100_0294.jpg

Then there was the Groove for St. Jude

You donated $10.00 and got a shirt with the Groove for St. Jude Logo on it and a risk band...but most importantly, you got to DANCE and you know me and DANCING!!!

Chel went to club O2 for Abracadabra. It was with the ships Magician whom my sis and I had seen before...she loved it...he also visited us at our table...that night for dinner... pic of that later

I also went to the Game of LOVE...it was sooooo funny to watch...

and yes I got sucked into BINGO once more...and again You're welcome CCL...LOL

My Sis and I went to the FUN farewell...FREE DRINKS..and a lot of ppl didn't come...more for me...the band was the ships band and they were excellent!! or maybe it was the free drinks IDK LOL

IMG_0760.jpg

then it was off to dinner for the last time...this is when the Magician came by the table...he had Chel write her name on a card...he then drew a stick man on another card,and shuffled the deck...had her to take the stick man and "drop" him on the floor ect but it ended up that the stick man was on her original card she had her name on.. she was amazed....

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

next was showtime: The Big Easy

Chel and I went...my sis went to Karaoke (she said it was a hoot)

This show has to be the best show ever...OMG really...it was so on point from the singing, to the dancing and the customs...

IDK if it was it being "NOLA" themed and the music from there is so alive or what...but I WISH it were on film some where...so worth the time!!!

I just hope when the ship moves, the keep this show or at least move it to the new ship because it would be so sad for others not to enjoy it!!!

DD went to the "Graffiti Farewell Party" in Club O2 and exchanged numbers with her new friends...

We wake up and :(:( we are back in NOLA...

we had breakfast and hung out on deck

Chel in her fav state of being...Ipod in ear and chillaxing...

100_0285.jpg

looking out at the water and noticing the difference in the Mississippi and the Gulf LOL

100_0284.jpg

We finally had phone service and boy oh boy...that's what folks were doing...I called hubby and my other DD's and GS...my sis called her kiddos too...

We had a wonderful time but missed them too...

I can not wait until ALL of us do our family reunion cruise in 2013...it is going to be fun...

Since my DF was not able to pick us up from the port and take us back to car rental place, she had made arrangements for us to take a bus to airport then take the van on to get car...

Chel and I sat by each other on the bus and reflected on our cruise, time together and her upcoming gymnastics season...

Our sad to be going home look

100_0302.jpg

Our happy to have spent time with each other look

100_0306.jpg

I hope everyone has enjoyed this review...I tried to make it informational and entertaining as well...I loved spending time with DD and sis on this cruise and I loved the ship and ports as well...I have no complants although little things did happen, I refused to let that impact my vacation!! I paid too much money and life is too short for that...I can't wait to go again!!!

Archived