Enchantment OTS MTD - do we really need reservations?

We are sailing on Enchantment at the end of October, and are confirmed for My Time Dining. We have used MTD on Freedom on the Seas, and had no trouble just walking up and getting a table right away (there are four in our party). We have started to get emails from RC encouraging us to make MTD reservations for our upcoming Enchantment cruise. I know Enchantment is a much smaller ship - does anyone have advice on whether reservations are a good idea? I would hate to have to make reservations, but I would also hate to walk up to the host stand and be told that it would be a hour before a table is ready for us (actually I wouldn't HATE it, but it would mean a much bigger bar bill, as that's where we would wait!). Any advice is very much appreciated.

We have started to get emails from RC encouraging us to make MTD reservations for our upcoming Enchantment cruise....

We got the same e-mails - 5 of them in all - telling us to go ahead and make reservations for MTD. It's not personal for you or because of the size of the ship. They encourage reservations, but they are absolutely not necessary. That's why most people love MTD - the flexibility of it all.

I would not worry another moment about it. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Much , Much smaller Dining room on Enchantment, only 2 decks for the Dining Room.

If I was you I would make a standing reservation now for all the nights and then after the first night after talking to the Dining Room staff if they say it's not really neccessary then cancel all the other nights.

Enchantment of the Seas was stretched a while ago and added alot more passengers but all the public areas including the dining room was not made larger. You will see what I mean when trying to have breakfast or lunch in the Windjammer.

Jimbo:)

Much , Much smaller Dining room on Enchantment, only 2 decks for the Dining Room.

If I was you I would make a standing reservation now for all the nights and then after the first night after talking to the Dining Room staff if they say it's not really neccessary then cancel all the other nights.

Enchantment of the Seas was stretched a while ago and added alot more passengers but all the public areas including the dining room was not made larger. You will see what I mean when trying to have breakfast or lunch in the Windjammer.

Jimbo:)

I agree 100% more peoople but same size public areas makes for a tough time finding seats we saw it just after they stretched it and found our table to be in the middle of the entrance!.

I was just on the Enchantment this summer. It was explained to me by staff that they had expanded the ship by adding in a section, however this increased the passenger capacity, but the dining room and theatre remained the same. So 50% more people using the same areas.

Best to look to booking a standing reservation, which is what we did.

Archived