CCL Elation???

Cruise_Q

Has anyone been on this ship? Does anyone have pic? This ship is moving to NOLA and we are thinking about doing a family reunion trip out of NOLA and I would like to see pic and gather info on this ship. Anything anyone can do will help...Thanks Q

It is an older ship. We have sailed on her and liked her but it was in 2001 and 2004. She is in the same class as the Ecstasy - same sort of design with the back sliding glass doors off the alternate dining that go out to seating areas over looking the water - my favorite spot on those ships. But she is not as new as the Conquest or Triumph. If you don't go and compare but just have fun then it would be good.

We were on it in May of this year. I see you have been on the Triumph...we liked the Elation a lot better!!! Don't get me wrong, we really liked the Triumph, just not as much as the Elation. But we do like the smaller ships.

Will be happy to try to answer any questions you have.

Has anyone been on this ship? Does anyone have pic? This ship is moving to NOLA and we are thinking about doing a family reunion trip out of NOLA and I would like to see pic and gather info on this ship. Anything anyone can do will help...Thanks Q

Nope, no one has ever been on this ship. Have you been on Ecstasy?? Its sister to Elation.

Elation has a pretty peacock theme and most say its one of the prettiest carnival ships.

I posted a few pictures here. I was on Elation this year in Feb and May.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1410345

It is an older ship. We have sailed on her and liked her but it was in 2001 and 2004. She is in the same class as the Ecstasy - same sort of design with the back sliding glass doors off the alternate dining that go out to seating areas over looking the water - my favorite spot on those ships. But she is not as new as the Conquest or Triumph. If you don't go and compare but just have fun then it would be good.

Thanks

We were on it in May of this year. I see you have been on the Triumph...we liked the Elation a lot better!!! Don't get me wrong, we really liked the Triumph, just not as much as the Elation. But we do like the smaller ships.

Will be happy to try to answer any questions you have.

Ok thanks...do you happen to have any pictures that you don't mind sharing with me.

The ELATION is a FANTASY class ship. There are very few balcony cabins (only on deck 11). I sailed on her thru the Panama Canal in April 2010 from San Diego to Mobile. She is not as large as the TRIUMPH but she is nice. ;)

The ELATION is a FANTASY class ship. There are very few balcony cabins (only on deck 11). I sailed on her thru the Panama Canal in April 2010 from San Diego to Mobile. She is not as large as the TRIUMPH but she is nice. ;)

Actually there is not a balcony category, you have to book a suite to get a balcony on this ship. Thats a downside having to pay for a suite.

Actually there is not a balcony category, you have to book a suite to get a balcony on this ship. Thats a downside having to pay for a suite.

There are balconies (suites) on Deck 6 (Upper) and Deck 11 (Verandah). The ones on Deck 11 are small and NOT private.

It is still one of my pet peeves with Carnival for not doing the rest of the upgrades to her. She still dont have the Waterworks, Resort Style pool, inter-connecting cabins or the 98 additional balconies.

Dave

We literally just came off the Elation on Monday....She is a nice but older ship and still to big for me, I prefered the Holiday (small) to all as It can be a little like work getting around these ships.....Bigger is not always better.... Here are a few I found quickly

carnivalelation2011536.jpg

carnivalelation2011100.jpg

carnivalelation2011141.jpg

carnivalelation2011142.jpg

carnivalelation2011178.jpg

carnivalelation2011536.jpg

LOL my sister may not like that I posted a pic of her, but it was the best one I had of the lido pool. Also, the pic of my dad is in the buffet (Tiffany's) and you can see the peacock theme mentioned in a previous post. Sorry I don't have more pics of the ship...I took mostly pics of just my family!

LOL my sister may not like that I posted a pic of her, but it was the best one I had of the lido pool. Also, the pic of my dad is in the buffet (Tiffany's) and you can see the peacock theme mentioned in a previous post. Sorry I don't have more pics of the ship...I took mostly pics of just my family!

Thanks, Nice pics...The lido decks looks SMALL...where/or did they have the deck party? That is one thing I LOVE to do is dance at the deck party...would be so SAD :( if I could not dance...

Unless she's changed the Elation has the original "Mickey Mouse" pool (round pool and two round hottubs) on 11 aft, not the waterworks. The slide goes directly to the lido pool.

We would love to have her back on the West Coast.

Problems with the Elation Dining rooms--Her dining rooms have very similar names Inspiration and Imagination. As with all Fantasy class ships the waiting area for the aft-most MDR is PUNY. Think sardines. It is best to wait upstairs in the bar in front of the lounge. From here you will be able to see when they open the dining room.

Thanks, Nice pics...The lido decks looks SMALL...where/or did they have the deck party? That is one thing I LOVE to do is dance at the deck party...would be so SAD :( if I could not dance...

There is more room than you think. None of the pictures are showing the large area in front of the food lines.

I know that during this particular cruise there were a couple of parties held on the pool deck. It is larger than it looks, but the only two ships I've been on are Elation and Paradise and they are exactly the same. I'm assuming from pics that the pool decks are larger on the newer/bigger class ships. But even though it's a smaller ship, we still had a great time!

I know that during this particular cruise there were a couple of parties held on the pool deck. It is larger than it looks, but the only two ships I've been on are Elation and Paradise and they are exactly the same. I'm assuming from pics that the pool decks are larger on the newer/bigger class ships. But even though it's a smaller ship, we still had a great time!

Both ships which have not gotten the upgrades because they were on the Westcoast. Once the slide is gone, it opens up the area so that it appears much larger.

For the deck party, there is a stage behind the slide. The recliners that are normally in the area between the stage and the outside buffet are removed.

Dave

Sailed Elation twice when she was here in San Diego. Would still be sailing on her every year if she were here. :D

Had the suite/balconies on verandah deck. VERY small. We booked very early to get our choices.

We like this class. Have sailed sister ship, Paradise, and are booked for another sister ship, Inspiration, in Feb.

I think it is a good class of ship, and I think you would have a great time.

Pat

Archived