Passport Stamps

Wildgrits

We are cruising this coming October and will be visiting the Western Caribbean. My daughters would like to get their passports stamped. Is there a place to have this done at the ports? I normally don't bring my passport off the boats as we never go thru customs.

This is a revenue opportunity that all cruise ports are missing out on.

While getting a stamp in my passport is not important to me, I can understand the excitement for those who travel for the first time internationally. For kids, it would be even more exciting to show their friends when they get back home.

I could see an Immigration official setting up a small kiosk at the pier and for $5 offering to officially stamp your passport. A smile, a welcome to (place country here), hope you enjoy your short visit, please come back,,, would go a long way

I would think technically we already have paid this cost. It is one of the taxes included in your cruise price. If you fly to an island in the caribbean when you are leaving the country, you will be paying at customs a tax.

An example is when I did spring break in Barbados, way back when, it cost us $7 per person at customs when we were leaving.

You could waste a lot of time just looking for a place to get them stamped. Unfortunately, the islands just don't do this anymore. Even if you cruise in Europe, you'd be hard pressed to find passports being stamped.

We are cruising this coming October and will be visiting the Western Caribbean. My daughters would like to get their passports stamped. Is there a place to have this done at the ports? I normally don't bring my passport off the boats as we never go thru customs.

I usually go up to the immigration office at each port. Usually, there's an official that checks your identification (birth certificate/passport) before you board the ship...I just ask them where the immigration office is and it's normally very close to the ship. I'm always able to get my passport stamped and the officials are always happy to stamp it.

i have asked guest relations and/or the concierge to get my passport stamped for me...they will give you a receipt for the PP and when the immigration people come on the ship, they will try and get it stamped....

i've collected quite a lot of stamps that way...i've also gone to the offices too, but the other way is easier....

Archived