Questions for Mariner Travelers

We've been assigned MTD. What are the chances of us making the shows if we set our MTD at 7:00? Are there 2 show times?

Are formal nights generally "sea" days?

I do not drink alcohol but I do like non-alcohol red wine. Can I take a bottle onboard? Also I like margarita mix and 7up. I don't mind purchasing drinks on ship but I get really grumpy getting charged 6-7 bucks for a drink with no alcohol in it. (which happened on the Legend)

Thanks for your input.

Sailing 11/11/11

We've been assigned MTD. What are the chances of us making the shows if we set our MTD at 7:00? Are there 2 show times?

Yes, there are 2 show times and with a 7:00 dinner you will be able to make the later show with no proiblems!!

Are formal nights generally "sea" days?

Yes, they are.

I do not drink alcohol but I do like non-alcohol red wine. Can I take a bottle onboard? Also I like margarita mix and 7up. I don't mind purchasing drinks on ship but I get really grumpy getting charged 6-7 bucks for a drink with no alcohol in it. (which happened on the Legend)

As long as you are not trying to bring alcohol on board you should not have a problem

Thanks for your input.

You are so welcome.

Sailing 11/11/11

Happy sailing!!:)

We've been assigned MTD. What are the chances of us making the shows if we set our MTD at 7:00? Are there 2 show times?...

There are usually 2 shows, except for the first night, and sometimes the last night. Check the Cruise Compass (daily schedule) for show times. Once on board you can modify your MTD time on those nights where there is only one show. For example, I've seen shows at 7:45pm on the first night. A 7pm dining time would make it difficult to make a 7:45pm show.

We generally have 7:00 MTD and can make it to the late show if we hurry things along. Maybe not eat dessert.

I have a friend who drinks "sissy beer" (non-alcoholic) and he has been successful in bringing it on most of the time but has had some issues a couple of times. He points out the "non-alcoholic" label on it and, I think once, had to ask for a supervisor.

Tucker in Texas

What are the chances of us making the shows if we set our MTD at 7:00?

Remember that with MTD, you have the flexibility to eat at any time. You can go at 6, 7, 8 - whenever you are hungry. You do not need a reservation per sé, but at peak times you may have to wait a few minutes.

You can also eat in the Windjammer buffet if you feel like it. With MTD your tips are pre-paid, so feel free to enjoy the buffet if you wish. We did that on our recent Med cruise... pre-paid tips for 12 nights of MTD, and did not go to the dining room once! I know!!! :eek: It was wonderful. :)

Archived