captains circle

mrchirpy

as do i, but the op will still get better pricing through princess by signing in rather than as a first-timer.

If you mean by signing in you'll get better than the published book prices, than yes, but if you go through any reputable TA you'll still get much better prices than Princess offers to anyone. I think I've only found one price in the last 15 years that wasn't shown on my TA web site & if I had called my TA probably still could have gotten a better deal than what Princess offered.

The moral is start with Princess & shop around without blindly thinking they'll give you "a deal" because you're a past cruiser.

That's a joke. I've never seen any preferred pricing that could begin to compare to a TA prices.

True, but the TA pricing should be lower for a past passengter than for a first time passenger. Just be sure your TA has your Captain's Circle number when checking prices.

think the poster was asking what they got extra in general not to be told what they,re not going to get.

perks start getting better at platinum level as another member has mentioned

princess are perks are better than some and not as good as others but thats life ,we travel on the line because we like it :D

True, but the TA pricing should be lower for a past passengter than for a first time passenger. Just be sure your TA has your Captain's Circle number when checking prices.

Absolutely. We just got back from a cruise that we booked at a 20% discount for past passengers...and a TA's discount on top of that.

TA's that discount cruises 20 % for past Princess cruisers are probably only charging more to begin with in the first place.

My TA gives volume prices to everyone (also with cabin credit applied) It makes no difference if you're a first time cruiser or had 50 cruises with Princess - all are treated equally.

.... if you go through any reputable TA you'll still get much better prices than Princess offers to anyone. .

Don't think that is the case for lower category inside cabins -- plenty of reputable TAs will not be able to do better than Princess' repeat cruiser on-line price.

TA's that discount cruises 20 % for past Princess cruisers are probably only charging more to begin with in the first place.

My TA gives volume prices to everyone (also with cabin credit applied) It makes no difference if you're a first time cruiser or had 50 cruises with Princess - all are treated equally.

I don't think this is correct. TA's discount based on the pricing Princess gives them. If you are a past passenger, Princess will give them a lower price and then they apply their discount to that. If you are not a past passenger Princess will price it higher and the same discount will be applied to that price. The TA is not going to give a larger discount to a new cruiser than a past passenger.

I throw away ALL Princess mail outs and completely ignore Princess web site prices (even after logging in) because my T.A. can ALWAYS beat the Princess Captain's Circle prices.

I totally agree. If I had to pay Princess pricing, I would be sailing less in a lower category cabin. I have never seen the price from a discount TA anwhere near close to what Princess charges, even on their specials, they are always lower.

I read the post as meaning the Princess price had a 20% discount for past passengers. Then the travel agency discount was on top of that.

I don't think this is correct. TA's discount based on the pricing Princess gives them. If you are a past passenger, Princess will give them a lower price and then they apply their discount to that. If you are not a past passenger Princess will price it higher and the same discount will be applied to that price. The TA is not going to give a larger discount to a new cruiser than a past passenger.

We've been using the same TA for approx 7 years & I've always checked their prices against Princess & a few other popular TA's and never once have I found that indicating me being a past cruiser gave me advantage pricing. It could be that at the times we travel the better pricing isn't available? If what you say is true then I'm beginning to think my TA just spreads the past passenger discount out on all their prices to do a better volume business rather than apply it to just past cruisers.

Interesting. I booked a 7 day Eastern Caribbean Cat E on the Princess web site and got a $100 off the original price with my Captain's Circle.

Subsequently, I've shopped TAs prices using that web site that gets TAs to give you quotes and none of them have been less than what I already have.

Oh - and all of them asked for my Captain's Circle number "to give me their best price."

Interesting. I booked a 7 day Eastern Caribbean Cat E on the Princess web site and got a $100 off the original price with my Captain's Circle.

Subsequently, I've shopped TAs prices using that web site that gets TAs to give you quotes and none of them have been less than what I already have.

Oh - and all of them asked for my Captain's Circle number "to give me their best price."

It is my understanding that Past Passenger Pricing" is not available on all sailings.

Have to compared any difference between the two prices?

It is my understanding that Past Passenger Pricing" is not available on all sailings.

I beginning to think that the times we cruise those prices are never available.

Have to compared any difference between the two prices?

Yes, I made sure I was comparing apples-to-apples. Quite often (even though I specified I was looking for a Cat E cabin) they came back with lower Category quotes.

Archived