Leaving Port Canaveral

southt00

Hello: We will be taking our first vacation with our elderly inlaws (81 years old). They are new to cruising and we want to make their cruise debarkation as easy as possible.

What is the terminal like after debarkation at Port Canaveral? We have been at some terminals where it is crowded but manageable and at others where it is sheer chaos.

To get back to the Orlando airport for a 2:00pm flight, what is the lowest stress way to do it? I am considering RCCL's transfers. Cost isn't really a factor, I would prefer convenience. We will have a 5 year old with us as well. I'm worried that she will need her car seat if we take a taxi.

We may or may not be doing the luggage valet. Not sure yet.

Any advice on how to make this as easy and painless as possible?

Thank you!

Hello: We will be taking our first vacation with our elderly inlaws (81 years old). They are new to cruising and we want to make their cruise debarkation as easy as possible.

What is the terminal like after debarkation at Port Canaveral? We have been at some terminals where it is crowded but manageable and at others where it is sheer chaos.

To get back to the Orlando airport for a 2:00pm flight, what is the lowest stress way to do it? I am considering RCCL's transfers. Cost isn't really a factor, I would prefer convenience. We will have a 5 year old with us as well. I'm worried that she will need her car seat if we take a taxi.

Thank you!

Port Canaveral is very well organized, the people there have disembarkation down to a science. They allow you to go thru customs first, without your luggage, then you find your luggage on the moving turnstiles like at the airport. There are port people every step of the way directing you to the proper turnstile.

Regarding transportation, I'd look at the Florida Departures board for many good ideas. Your options include the Royal provided bus, private shuttle, shared shuttle, car rental, and taxi. You have enough time to use any of these options. Cost not being a factor would make me look closely at a private shuttle service that would not have to wait for anyone else.

Bob

We were just there on the 21st. We got off the ship very early, so there were NO issues for us. It was smooth.

As far as transportation, we used a shuttle service pre-arranged to take us to the airport. We had a family of 5, also with a young one (4 yr old), no issues. We used Cocoa Beach Shuttle, but if you check the East Coast Departure boards, there are a lot of recommendations there, too.

They did have car seat/booster seats available of we needed them, too. I would think that with a 2:00PM flight you should have no issues. Our flight was at 11:40AM and we were in the terminal before 9:00.

Good luck and have fun!

A taxi isn't a very good option for Pt. Can. to Orlando...it's about an hours drive, give or take!

Definitely a shuttle will be the easiest option...no carseat required and you don't have to do the driving!

You will have time to spare (a lot, actually!) with a 2pm flight!

A taxi isn't a very good option for Pt. Can. to Orlando...it's about an hours drive, give or take!

Definitely a shuttle will be the easiest option...no carseat required and you don't have to do the driving!

You will have time to spare (a lot, actually!) with a 2pm flight!

Diito the above. I looked into a cab to Orlando Airport from PC & I think it ran about $120..

I've cruised out of Port Canaveral several times and have always used Cocoa Beach Shuttle. When my mother and father cruised with me, she had a wheelchair, oxygen concentrator, etc., all of which the shuttle staff handled with ease.

I've found them to be prompt and courteous, with very flexible arrangements for transportation to and from Orlando International Airport to Cocoa Beach.

I have them booked for my Octobe cruise to pick me up at the airport and take me to my Cocoa Beach hotel. They will be picking me up the next day to take me from the hotel to the ship ($4), and when I return they will be there to take me back to the ship....

We took Travelynx from Orlando airport to PC and back and it was great. Small, bus-type shuttle, great service, no waiting. Very easy.

www.travelynx.net

Have used this company twice now. Absolutely awesome company! Would not hesitate to use them again and again! Have fun on your cruise!

Karyn

Pick any travel option back to the Orlando airport OTHER THAN RCCL SHUTTLE SERVICE!!! It is absolutely horrible.

I am LOYAL to ROYAL and have never sailed another cruise line but their service on the shuttle is horrible. One time they "ran out of buses." Yes, that is right. We were waiting in line and was told the company did not allocate enough buses for that Sunday. We waited for 2 hours and almost missed our flight out of MCO.

This was the second time we had an issue with their transportation. Never again will I use their shuttle ANYWHERE but will cruise any ship of RCCL I can!!! :)

Tim

Thank you!

how are you getting there?

btw

you are RCCL out of Canaveral, but FREEDOM or MONARCH

for the obvious reason of SIZE & #of people on board, the process tends to be a bit nicer for M as compared to F ...

but a 2pm flight is a very comfortable departure time for a Canaveral arrival and Orlando flight. So don't stress THAT part.

Thank you!

We were at Port Canaveral on the NCL Sun last January, I did notice there was one debarkation point that had a large step, and one without. People were given the option as to which exit point to take, I would just be careful and make sure there are no major barriers leaving the ship.

As for transportation, most are with vans or small shuttles. You should still use a car seat/booster for your child, as the shuttles drive quickly on the highway to Orlando. Don't trust the shuttle companies to provide one, I was promised one and it never showed up. Fortunately I always bring my own :)

ITA with the idea of hiring a limo or other personal transportation. It would be the easiest and least stressful option out there.

Thanks for all the advice. It sounds like a private shuttle will work best for us. Are they difficult to find? In our previous experiences, there were 2000 people hanging off a curb trying to find their limos and their shuttles. Chaos. Is it the same here?

(Can you tell I am jaded with the debarkation process, lol)

T.

I always make a reservation ahead of time with the Cocoa Beach Shuttle folks. When I make my reservation, they tell me where to meet my shuttle. Never had any problems finding my ride....

You can call them to get more info.....

Archived