How long is the pool?

Hi everyone. Please can anyone tell me how long the sport pool is on IOS. I swim every morning at home before work, but not sure if the pools will be long enough on the ship. Really don't want to go to the gym, but need my clothes to still fit at the end of the fortnight!!!!! Thanks

Not sure what ship the IOS is, or about the pool length, but there is no need to swim (or go to the gym) to keep the weight off. I have never come back from a cruise with a weight gain, and that includes an 11 night cruise! ;)

If you take to the stairs as much as possible, and walk around the outer decks, you should be able to stay fit. Also, depending on where you go, you can get a good bit of exercise around port. Have fun! :)

Hi everyone. Please can anyone tell me how long the sport pool is on IOS. I swim every morning at home before work, but not sure if the pools will be long enough on the ship. Really don't want to go to the gym, but need my clothes to still fit at the end of the fortnight!!!!! Thanks

Not long enough!

if you're thinking about swimming laps, the pools on ships are quite small and usually have people in them so doing laps would be almost impossible.

We were on the Mariner in the Solarium pool one time while the five or so of us in the pool watched with amazement while a totally clueless person did laps (very short ones I will add) and splashed all over and even an occassional kick. We all agreed that if they were that clueless it wasn't even worth telling them what a moron they were.

Yup, the pools aren't that long on the Independence of the Seas (and other Freedom Class ships). I'm thinking that the same applies for all the pools on RCI ships? Is that correct?

Anyhow, I hope you find a way that is suitable to you to keep the weight down. If you like to run, there's a nice jogging track on the ship. I ran on the ship's jogging track almost every morning and did a lot of walking. I ended up weighing less after my Independence cruise than when I boarded! Pretty good for a 48 year old (back in December 2009)!

Hope you enjoy yourself on the IOS!!

IOS = INDEPENDENCE of the SEAS :p

Here is one of the two main "Sports Pools". I have no idea of the length.

052.jpg

Thanks mama! No need to stick your tongue out at me, though. Just kidding!:D I had a momentary lapse and could not for the life of me come up with what the "I" stood for.

Funny, I have been on the Liberty, but do not remember those pools being that long. Can you tell that cruise was our least favorite. :rolleyes: From the looks of your photo, the pool appears long enough for laps. Perhaps if the swimmer were up and out early, they would not run into other passengers. ;)

I have never been on the IOS so I can't speak specifically about that ship but I can speak for some of the others. We have cruised with my in-laws in the past. I am always up early to walk around the ship for my exercise. My mother-in-law is also up early. She goes to the pool to swim laps for about half an hour. No, the pools are not 50 meters (or even 25 for that matter) but they are long enough to swim some laps and get some exercise.

Archived