Kids in CL?

I've probably spent double that...at LEAST.....

with regards to those of us who emailed, being called back...here is a new one..looks like we have ALL gotten the SAME information!! go figure...

as for going to the Diamond Lounge/event instead.....well...yes it is kid free but i'd have to decide if i want wine/fizzy wine for free, or pay for what i want to drink...or put up with the kids in the CL.

On our Explorer cruise this past June, kids were most definitely allowed into the Diamond event in the 19th Hole. They were all very well-behaved. It was never very crowded either.

On our Explorer cruise this past June, kids were most definitely allowed into the Diamond event in the 19th Hole. They were all very well-behaved. It was never very crowded either.

REALLY?? that differs from something posted by, i THINK PH8 a bit earlier....:eek::confused:

maybe i will just order a few bottles of bubbly and hide in my cabin..

and i like the comment about having to get all different soft drinks and snacks for the kiddos....sheesh......yeah, maybe i will just stick with =X=

I am not D+, no do I think I will ever go beyond D because I like all sorts if different types of travel.

BUT I can 100% understand why children are now being allowed in the CL. The parents who pay upwards of 10,000 a week, have asked for it.

I am sure that a great many D+ cruises have never event spent 10K total on board, let alone in one week.

I see this as a sign of the times, D+ members will be pushed out of the CL very shortly. the CL are too small for the many many many D+ cruises. So they will be moved to a new area, and the CL will be for suite access, and maybe P members.

Hmmm...I'm D+...lets me see....well over 10K for an 8 night'r in an OS with a interior across for my kids and their friends back on Indy a couple years ago..... inaugural on Oasis in an OS.....most recently the Royal Suite this summer on Oasis for our 25th....and oh yea....we have an OS booked for next June on Indy.

I can't believe that someone who has sailed on RCCL once posted this comment. So you sailed in a SUITE one time with them (so what). We have sailed with them numerous times and never in less than a JS. Our children and now our grandchildren sail with us and as much as I love to be around them I don't feel that they should change the CL to include children during the happy hour.

Please try so suspend your disbelief long enough to pay attention to what is being said. Whether you have cruised 1 or 100 times, when you pay the big dollars your opinion matters. You may expect RCCL to be loyal to you, but I do not have that same obligation.

I have no desire to see your beloved atmosphere of the CL ruined, but when I cannot enjoy every amenity I pay for because of some silly rule it makes me mad. I hated the fact that I could not enjoy the CL in the evening as I wanted to because of this rule, which I respected, but hated. Conduct in the CL should be at the very highest standards regardless of the age of the guest, but to prohibit someone who has every right to be there because they PAID for it, but can't because some don't like it is wrong.

I am not D+, no do I think I will ever go beyond D because I like all sorts if different types of travel.

BUT I can 100% understand why children are now being allowed in the CL. The parents who pay upwards of 10,000 a week, have asked for it.

I am sure that a great many D+ cruises have never event spent 10K total on board, let alone in one week.

I see this as a sign of the times, D+ members will be pushed out of the CL very shortly. the CL are too small for the many many many D+ cruises. So they will be moved to a new area, and the CL will be for suite access, and maybe P members.

Really?

We've got 8 balcony cabins and a suite booked for our annual employee cruise, that we pay for.

You oughta see THAT bill???:eek:

Please try so suspend your disbelief long enough to pay attention to what is being said. Whether you have cruised 1 or 100 times, when you pay the big dollars your opinion matters. You may expect RCCL to be loyal to you, but I do not have that same obligation.

I have no desire to see your beloved atmosphere of the CL ruined, but when I cannot enjoy every amenity I pay for because of some silly rule it makes me mad. I hated the fact that I could not enjoy the CL in the evening as I wanted to because of this rule, which I respected, but hated. Conduct in the CL should be at the very highest standards regardless of the age of the guest, but to prohibit someone who has every right to be there because they PAID for it, but can't because some don't like it is wrong.

Oh I am paying attention and you are saying that because you paid big bucks your opinion matters but no one else's does.

I think people did pay attention to what you said; they just vehemently disagree.

I think people did pay attention to what you said; they just vehemently disagree.

Some disagree. I'm sure a lot of suite cruisers with the same circumstances would agree. It has got to be an issue for Royal to think of making a change like this. More than a few people travelling with children must have questioned/complained about the policy. I know I did.

Also like! For that matter most of us who enjoy family dining take early sitting so surely there won't be many children after that time?

It's our first time in a gs in January and then again on our transatlantic in April so we will test the water but I won't take my son anywhere he is made to feel unwelcome so hope this won't be the case.

Ps. We always give him washable felt tips so if he does colour on your evening gown in will wash out ;0).

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.386923,1.436964

Please note! Those washable felt tips state that they are washable on certain types of fabric only. :eek: : LOL ;)

Gina

The CL is not a place for children or young adults to be in. Period.

I assume you mean during "Happy Hours".

What most seem to be avoiding is that during this time the CL turns into a bar or pub if you will. The barmen serving the guests do an excellent job bringing drinks around; but, if there are young ones afoot this becomes a hazard to all concerned. I hope the legal staff/safety office at RCL HQ have thought about that. I believe that Suite Guests are deserving of all the amenities that they pay for and I feel equally that the loyalty perks that we have earned (read paid for) as Diamond Plus and Pinnacle C&A members are equally deserving. We do not believe that underage folks should be in a bar or pub.

So what you're saying is the complaint is not really about the lack of adult-only venue after all. All the statements about not having a lounge or access to an adult only place is really about their not being free drinks available at one. If people are really so up in arms about their being kids around, then a place that is a regular lounge but kids not being allowed should be a place they would want to go.

No, that's not what a said. It's about different things for different people but whatever the attraction to the CL, ultimately most people don't want children there for 3 1/2 hours a day. Some want adult conversation, some want free booze, some want a seat, some don't want kids hands on the food, some want to watch the D+ action, whatever...with no kids.

Gina

So does that mean kids should also enjoy the Crypt or other dance venues at night? I mean if you pay for your child to cruise they should be allowed to enter the dance clubs at night right? No wait they have a rule that says no one under 18 in clubs. Just like there was a rule for no children under 18 allowed in CL between 5 and 8:30. *Biggest reason is same reason the dance club still has. Alcohol being served and adult oriented venue at that time.

REALLY?? that differs from something posted by, i THINK PH8 a bit earlier....:eek::confused:

maybe i will just order a few bottles of bubbly and hide in my cabin..

and i like the comment about having to get all different soft drinks and snacks for the kiddos....sheesh......yeah, maybe i will just stick with =X=

Diamond Event and Diamond Lounge...TWO different things......

Kids not allowed in DL,but allowed at the Event..........

I hardly think that one who has taken 25 cruises with RCCL has not spent $10,000. Even if they were all short cruises costing a total of $500 each, it's still more than $10,000.

On my 1st 7 night cruise of my B2B last month the Royal Suite wasn't even $10,000 total - not pp. I saw the price just a few weeks before sailing. How can someone say the suite guests are paying upwards of $10,000. That's just silly. Very few suites cost that much and when they do, it is usually ONLY the RS.

Yes, people I know there are exceptions. But that statement was an exaggeration by far.

Gina

Some disagree. I'm sure a lot of suite cruisers with the same circumstances would agree. It has got to be an issue for Royal to think of making a change like this. More than a few people travelling with children must have questioned/complained about the policy. I know I did.

It may be an issue. But typical to RCI they change a policy and then wait for the fallout.And they just don't seem to think things through but shoot from the hip.

They are now experiencing the fallout.;)

Oh I am paying attention and you are saying that because you paid big bucks your opinion matters but no one else's does.

I'm listening to and I heard the same thing you did. I doubt very seriously that repeat business doesn't matter to any corporation. Why else do they create the loyalty/frequent flier programs. After you've sailed once in your suite and, from the sound of it, bragged all about it while acting like an obnoxious elitist, then possibly took your BIG BUCKS elsewhere, we loyal cruisers keep coming back.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I'm listening to and I heard the same thing you did. I doubt very seriously that repeat business doesn't matter to any corporation. Why else do they create the loyalty/frequent flier programs. After you've sailed once in your suite and, from the sound of it, bragged all about it while acting like an obnoxious elitist, then possibly took your BIG BUCKS elsewhere, we loyal cruisers keep coming back.

well said....."one hit wonder' comes to mind

Amen ! couldn't have said it better.

The royal family 2 bedroom suites in particular usually cost more than an owners suite. In alaska next year they are over $12,000 for 5 people (the minimum) on Radiance of the Seas.

Alaska tends to be pricier than the Caribbean. There are more Grand Suites than any other type and they aren't close to being that pricey.

There are always exceptions. Oasis and Allure prices are too much for any category as far as I'm concerned. They also have 3 times the suites and only 2 times the concierges.

Gina

I PAID big bucks for my SUITE and could care less what a D+ down in some inside cabin thinks.

Even if a D+ Member is booked in an inside cabin..........that person in that inside cabin spent more bucks to get to that level of C&A than you did on your one and only cruise on RCI in a suite. That really was a very insensitive and judgmental comment from a first time cruiser.:(

I say kick the kiddies butts out and let us have some peace for 2 to 3 hours. I am sorry I could not help myself.

I was a whole lot more tactful than that in the message I just sent to C&A. LOL But I basically said the same thing. I wasn't going to write but decided I should at least let my voice be counted. I read the line someone just posted about the "adult oriented atmosphere" in the concierge's welcome letter to us and decided to use that as the basis for my request to keep children out during that very brief time - since most of the ship is available to all ages at almost all times.

Maybe they should allow children to go to quest. Shouldn't that be up to the parent's discretion? :rolleyes: ;) I'm sure many children are very mature and could handle it without being disruptive. They could even help by getting a piece of fruit when needed or carrying the bag full of props. :eek:

(no I'm not trying to change the subject. I just got to thinking.... :p )

Gina

Archived