Kids in CL?

Am I the only person who would tell a child doing something like that with food to stop it? It can be done nicely and quietly without upsetting any of the adults involved. I have 4 children and 8 grandchildren and I have no problem reminding a child of his or her manners...be they my children or someone else. I certainly wouldn't just sit there fuming in silence. I don't think it takes a village to raise a child but it is nice to have the village around when needed. :D

Am I the only person who would tell a child doing something like that with food to stop it? It can be done nicely and quietly without upsetting any of the adults involved. I have 4 children and 8 grandchildren and I have no problem reminding a child of his or her manners...be they my children or someone else. I certainly wouldn't just sit there fuming in silence. I don't think it takes a village to raise a child but it is nice to have the village around when needed. :D

UPSETTING the parents?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

That should not happen. If you're not booked in a suite then you should not be allowed in the CL regardless of what cabin mommy and daddy booked.:rolleyes:

Royal wants to appeal to families who book suites. If the family happens to book an addional cabin for their immediate family members, that should not penalize them.

If there was a cheaper way to do it than what they're doing now, it would have been done. They try the cheap way first and go from there.

Are you serious?

After watching the crew nicely and quietly trying to tell pax to go back to their cabins and dress properly for dinner and hearing the nasty four letter responses I wouldn't say a word to someone elses kid. It is up to the parents to watch their own kids. I don't pay to cruise to be someone elses babysitter.:(

Are you serious?

After watching the crew nicely and quietly trying to tell pax to go back to their cabins and dress properly for dinner and hearing the nasty four letter responses I wouldn't say a word to someone elses kid. It is up to the parents to watch their own kids. I don't pay to cruise to be someone elses babysitter.:(

I am totally serious. People young enough to have children this young don't intimidate me in the least. And even if an occasional parent requested I not talk to their child, which I can't even imagine, I would still continue to do it if I saw it. If the parents got upset I would explain to them that I didn't think they would want their child having bad manners and I saw they were occupied and I was trying to help. Of course I would do this with a smile. I wouldn't be angry, I would be happy to assist their child in doing the right thing. It's not babysitting, it's being nice.

No. I wouldn't hesitate to do so and have done so even in the windjammer.

If I see a kid at any buffet who touches a cookie (or anything else) without taking it, I tell them that because they touched it, it's theirs. So take it now because no one else wants it since your hands have been on it.

Yes, I'm blunt. But they take what they touched. :D

Gina

No. I wouldn't hesitate to do so and have done so even in the windjammer.

If I see a kid at any buffet who touches a cookie (or anything else) without taking it, I tell them that because they touched it, it's theirs. So take it now because no one else wants it since your hands have been on it.

Yes, I'm blunt. But they take what they touched. :D

Gina

That's exactly what I am talking about Gina, just reminding a child that they touched it and now it's theirs. I might even get a plate and place the food they touched on the plate and tell them that is how it's done...maybe help them use the tongs. Even my children and grandchildren who are drilled about manners frequently need reminding. They are children after all.

I am totally serious. People young enough to have children this young don't intimidate me in the least. And even if an occasional parent requested I not talk to their child, which I can't even imagine, I would still continue to do it if I saw it. If the parents got upset I would explain to them that I didn't think they would want their child having bad manners and I saw they were occupied and I was trying to help. Of course I would do this with a smile. I wouldn't be angry, I would be happy to assist their child in doing the right thing. It's not babysitting, it's being nice.

I would not approach children, I would approach their parents, it is their job to supervise the kids. These parents are 80% of the reason why so many adults are opposed to kids in CL.

I am clearly in minority regarding kids in CL, I think if I book a suite I should be allowed to bring my kids with me to CL, but I would never allow my younger daughter (she is 6) to handle food and drinks in a manner described. I also would physically remove my kids from the CL if they misbehaved. I've done it before in other situations (including one time leaving very expensive amusement park after only one hour there) and it only takes couple of times for the kids to understand that there will consequences for their bad behavior.

Nope I would nicely do that and have. As a Mom of small kids it is easy to not see them put something back. I myself keep a sharp eye on them in public not to bother others and have good manners. However we can not catch everything. I have told others that have helped me in the past Thank You when my back is turned dealing with another child. I agree with the village comment and if you do it in a nice way most parents will not get upset and if they do oh well. I get bothered on this board by those that seem to have it out for kids. This thread has had me agrivated for a while but I have kept my mouth shut. I agree no that is an area that kids shouldn't really be in. It is just the way some go about showing there dislike for kids that really bothers me.

i would not approach children, i would approach their parents, it is their job to supervise the kids. These parents are 80% of the reason why so many adults are opposed to kids in cl.

I am clearly in minority regarding kids in cl, i think if i book a suite i should be allowed to bring my kids with me to cl, but i would never allow my younger daughter (she is 6) to handle food and drinks in a manner described. I also would physically remove my kids from the cl if they misbehaved. I've done it before in other situations (including one time leaving very expensive amusement park after only one hour there) and it only takes couple of times for the kids to understand that there will consequences for their bad behavior.

......bravo!!!!!!.....

Nope I would nicely do that and have. As a Mom of small kids it is easy to not see them put something back. I myself keep a sharp eye on them in public not to bother others and have good manners. However we can not catch everything. I have told others that have helped me in the past Thank You when my back is turned dealing with another child. I agree with the village comment and if you do it in a nice way most parents will not get upset and if they do oh well. I get bothered on this board by those that seem to have it out for kids. This thread has had me agrivated for a while but I have kept my mouth shut. I agree no that is an area that kids shouldn't really be in. It is just the way some go about showing there dislike for kids that really bothers me.

Totally agree.

Except can't make judgement as to whether I find the lounge an appropriate environment as have not yet experienced it (may do on Adventure next April which will be our first GS)

It's because people won't stand up and be counted that parenting is getting worse. If no one points out bad behaviour ( whether because an attentive parents simply hasn't noticed or a complicit parent is overlooking it) then it continues.

Swings the other way too though, if I was in an area at a reasonable hour which the cruise line had designated a family area then I would expect adult behaviour (and language) to be in line with that and I'd politely draw attention to the presence of children if not.

The concierges aren't going to jeopardize their tips by enforcing the rules with small children. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I'm sure we'll be hearing many more of these types of stories in the near future.

I would not be tipping the concierge if there were wild children in the lounge and he did not do anything about it. Guess they cannot win.

I would not be tipping the concierge if there were wild children in the lounge and he did not do anything about it. Guess they cannot win.

We agree. And we will let RCI management know exactly why the concierge didn't get a tip.

I would also be mentioning it to the concierge.

Which makes me wonder how many are tipping the concierge for their kids in the CL. My guess is that it's not happening. How many complain that they have to give regular tips for their kids. Now they have to work that much harder for alot less money. I'd rather go to another bar at night and take care of that bartender nicely.

Which makes me wonder how many are tipping the concierge for their kids in the CL. My guess is that it's not happening. How many complain that they have to give regular tips for their kids. Now they have to work that much harder for alot less money. I'd rather go to another bar at night and take care of that bartender nicely.

I would hope that if they are bringing their kids to the CL they will tip the Concierge accordingly.

But I have my doubts...:(

I would hope that if they are bringing their kids to the CL they will tip the Concierge accordingly.

But I have my doubts...:(

How many posts do you see "do I have to tip for my toddler" and "how do I remove the tip for my child". Quite a few.

I'm shocked that some of you, as soon as you heard children were allowed in the CL just assumed they will be touching everything, spilling everything and running wild ALL the time. I've seen Adults, that park the rear ends down at 4;30 for a seat and do not leave until the bar is put away, become way too drunk and way too obnoxious! No one ever really talks about them. No one really ever talks about having the concierge throw them out and if they don't they won't tip!

My nephews will be in the lounge during our up and coming vacation and I swear, I think I may have to watch some Adults more then my nephews!!

How many posts do you see "do I have to tip for my toddler" and "how do I remove the tip for my child". Quite a few.

Right now they only have an optional line to add a tip for the concierge. Perhaps they should make it mandatory for all suite guests including children to tip. They'll go absolutely beserk.

I'm shocked that some of you, as soon as you heard children were allowed in the CL just assumed they will be touching everything, spilling everything and running wild ALL the time. I've seen Adults, that park the rear ends down at 4;30 for a seat and do not leave until the bar is put away, become way too drunk and way too obnoxious! No one ever really talks about them. No one really ever talks about having the concierge throw them out and if they don't they won't tip!

My nephews will be in the lounge during our up and coming vacation and I swear, I think I may have to watch some Adults more then my nephews!!

So if you saw them, that means you were there too?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

So if you saw them, that means you were there too?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

nope.

Go in for a pre-dinner-come back for an after dinner. Does not take a brain surgeon to figure out who never left!!;)

So the C.L. concierge that many defend so much will suffer the financial loss? That will show the management huh! Oh yea...the office people are on salary. And to think that the concierge will resign in protest....as Debe states.." lets not get silly"....:rolleyes:

Archived