Status from one cruise line to another

Momis2

You will get any repeater discount on all of the Carnival "Family' of Ships but you only accumlate days for each different cruise line on the cruise line which you are sailing.

Days on Princess do not count on Carnival and days on HAL do not count on Costa etc

My question is this.Can I use my status as Carnival Platinum on another cruise line owned by Carnival? Would my platinum transfer to the HAL loyalty program?

Sorry -- HAL won't take the days that you sailed on Carnival.

But -- you will get a Mariner Number from HAL just because you have sailed on another cruise line within the Carnival family.

And if you do sail on HAL -- because you have sailed on Carnival (or Princess, Costa, etc) -- you will be invited to the Mariner's Brunch.

Sorry -- HAL won't take the days that you sailed on Carnival.

But -- you will get a Mariner Number from HAL just because you have sailed on another cruise line within the Carnival family.

And if you do sail on HAL -- because you have sailed on Carnival (or Princess, Costa, etc) -- you will be invited to the Mariner's Brunch.

Thanks for all the information. This good to know as we plan on doing a HAL Alaska Cruise when DH retires and we can do the long cruises.:)

However, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity recognize each others' status, so my Diamond on RC translates to Elite on Celebrity. You cannot acquire points from the other line, but it sure is nice to use the perks!

That is truly beneficial. One can only hope Carnival Corp, aka "World's Leading Cruise Lines", will find it necessary to follow suit.....:rolleyes:

P&O will give half points for each day sailed on Princess.

I'm not sure what Princess gives to P&O, but imagine it's the same.

We received a letter in the middle of our recent P&O cruise to say we'd moved into the next band that night, and 7 of our points were from our 14 day cruise with Princess.

Jo.

Archived