Jeans before 6 pm

S&G@C

Have searched the threads but haven't been able to get an answer. Are jeans acceptable before 6 pm? We are traveling with adult children who asked me this question. They are aware of appropriate evening wear.

Here is the info found on the "Is There A Dress Code?" section of the Seabourn Website FAQ page. It would appear that they are acceptable before 6 pm.

IS THERE A DRESS CODE?

We ask that guests please aware that jeans are not considered appropriate for The Restaurant, and on Formal Optional evenings, we request no jeans in any of the lounges or dining venues. For more details regarding suggested attire please see below.

During the Day:

During the daytime, casual, resort-style attire, including shorts and jeans, is welcome in all lounges and dining venues. Swimsuits, brief shorts, cover-ups and exercise attire should be reserved for poolside, on deck or in the spa and fitness center.

For Evenings:

After 6:00 p.m., suggested attire for all venues on board will be one of the following:

Resort Casual: Slacks and a sweater or shirt for men; sundress, skirt or slacks with a sweater or blouse for women. Jeans are not considered appropriate in The Restaurant.

Elegantly Casual: Slacks with a jacket over a sweater or shirt for men. Dress, skirt or pants with a sweater or blouse for women. Jeans are not considered appropriate in The Restaurant.

Formal Optional: While Elegantly Casual is always appropriate during the evening, a Formal Optional evening will be provided for guests who wish to dress more formally at least once each seven days. Formal Optional attire includes a tuxedo or dark suit with tie for men, cocktail dress or other formal apparel for women. On Formal Optional evenings, we request no jeans in any of the lounges or dining venues.

The itinerary in the preliminary document booklet will inform you of the number of Formal Optional evenings to expect during your voyage. As a rule of thumb, Formal Optional evenings are scheduled as follows:

Cruises up to 13 days: One Formal Optional evening

Cruises of 14 to 20 days: Two Formal Optional evenings

Cruises of 21 or more days: Three Formal Optional evenings

(Note: World Cruises, Holiday voyages and crossings may be scheduled differently.)

Attire Ashore:

Packing clothing that can be layered is the best way to plan for cruising in virtually any climate. For tropical cruises, bring light, loose-fitting garments that can be paired with a lightweight jacket or sweater. For cooler climates, pack extra layers of warmer garments such as a light top coat and some sweaters. When dressing to go ashore, it is helpful to be aware of the customs of the countries you are visiting. In some ports men and women should not wear shorts. Many cultures prefer that women wear dresses or skirts when visiting shrines, churches, mosques and temples.

On the Pride we use to enjoy an elderly sophisticated gentleman from Houston that would saunter up to the Sky Bar around 10:30 each morning. He would always wear his white Seabourn terry robe & slippers ~he would have his 2 bloody Mary's ~then quietly leave about noon. Promptly at 12:30 he would walk in the back of the dining room elegantly dressed in a gorgeous suit, complete with silk tie and dress shoes. Evenings he was THE best dressed on the ship~~different suit!

Next morning, Sky Bar.......white robe and slippers!

Sooo yes, Jeans are certainly accepted for daytime wear on Seabourn:p

Have a grrreat voyage

Martita B.

Our favourite interesting dresser was a fairly elderly short slim gentleman - we have seen him on two or three SB cruises - whose day wear was extremely short denim shorts, a stetson hat and cowboy boots, and I think a neckerchief. The shorts were the shortest I have ever seen apart from on some female pop singers. I'm sure other people will remember him.

On the Pride we use to enjoy an elderly sophisticated gentleman from Houston that would saunter up to the Sky Bar around 10:30 each morning. He would always wear his white Seabourn terry robe & slippers ~he would have his 2 bloody Mary's ~then quietly leave about noon. Promptly at 12:30 he would walk in the back of the dining room elegantly dressed in a gorgeous suit, complete with silk tie and dress shoes. Evenings he was THE best dressed on the ship~~different suit!

Next morning, Sky Bar.......white robe and slippers!

Sooo yes, Jeans are certainly accepted for daytime wear on Seabourn:p

Have a grrreat voyage

Martita B.

Martita, I would swear you were talking about my father in law if I didn't know they haven't ever cruised Seabourn, that really made me chuckle. It sounds exactly like something he would do. In fact, during our last hurricane, they stayed with us and he came down every morning in his robe & slippers, drank a few bloody marys (actually made sure the celery was safely stocked in the igloo cooler since the refrigerator was out due to no electricity), then came back down a few hours later in a seersucker suit.

Thanks for the replies re: wearing jeans during the day. I was wondering about that for touring purposes, etc., as I am cold natured & we will be travelling the Med in the Fall.

I hope this 'lit story isn't about your mother-in-law ~ One voyage, again on the Pride, a couple (evidently new to Seabourn) would stroll into the Club every evening before dinner dressed to the '9's' ~the wife was much younger and would wear chic, haut couture opera suites, very high heels and fancy cocktail evening hats ~~NO, not facinators ~~ones with feathers, sequins and veils!:confused: Gossip was her husband had bought their titles ~Lady & Lord! They were Americans ~we could hardly wait each evening to see what she was gonna' show up in......in fact, our group would go early!!:D

We never saw them during the day.....guess they stayed in their suite and watched movies!:rolleyes:

Martita B.

Our favourite interesting dresser was a fairly elderly short slim gentleman - we have seen him on two or three SB cruises - whose day wear was extremely short denim shorts, a stetson hat and cowboy boots, and I think a neckerchief. The shorts were the shortest I have ever seen apart from on some female pop singers. I'm sure other people will remember him.

Sounds like a former member of that early 1980's music group, The Village People (Y-M-C-A !) :eek:

Let me add a coda about jeans -- certainly the are ok during the day( wore them myself in Norway to keep warm) but PLEASE no torn, ripped, shredded and otherwise ratty jeans!!!!

You might want to add "Pajama Jeans" to that list too.:eek:

Jim

We enjoyed Herman Diaz (Mr. Seabourn) meeting us in the Constellation Lounge mornings promptly at 11:00 wearing his Concorde pajamas ~we'd meet, have our beef bouillon and gossip as to the happenings of the dinner tables the evening before......someone would always relate a funny, hilarious saga:eek:

MB

Jim

We enjoyed Herman Diaz (Mr. Seabourn) meeting us in the Constellation Lounge mornings promptly at 11:00 wearing his Concorde pajamas ~we'd meet, have our beef bouillon and gossip as to the happenings of the dinner tables the evening before......someone would always relate a funny, hilarious saga:eek:

MB

I have been known (as have many others) to show up at the bar for a nightcap in my SeaDream pajamas.:eek:

Jim

I've been known to deliver my party invitations in my leopard P.J.'s and robe ~always very early in the morning. Officers going to their mess for breakfast never seemed to notice!:D

MB

Miss M, any pictures of that?? I would pay:D

No photos of my 'invitations deliver' in the leopard garb ~but I do have infamous pictures of me in an oversized blue deck hand coverall toting a bucket of water, rag and squiggy ~ready to wash the Captains wheelhouse windows!:confused: (and I did)

MB

No photos of my 'invitations deliver' in the leopard garb ~but I do have infamous pictures of me in an oversized blue deck hand coverall toting a bucket of water, rag and squiggy ~ready to wash the Captains wheelhouse windows!:confused: (and I did)

MB

I have seen such photo. Perhaps we should hold a Crew Fund silent auction?!?:p

As to jeans, anything (in good taste) is perfectly acceptable during the day. The days of the luncheon "shorts police" are long gone. On our recent cruise the SkyBar was open until 7pm:D, so you don't have to rush off to change clothes at 6. Seabourn guests don't need a dress code manual, just a bit of common sense and mutual respect.

Archived