Cabin under Pinnacle Grill - noisy??

Ontariotrekker

We still have time to move our cabin if necessary.. so how noisy is it?

The PG is not open 24/7. It is carpeted.

In my opinion, you'd be nearly as noise free, if not more so than Under the Main Dining Room because of less people using the PG.

Joanie

From someone actually qualified to answer this, as that is our preferred cabin location on the R & S class ships, we've only once heard any noise from the PG. That was when we were entering the harbor in Casablanca. Given the confines of the harbor entrance the stabilizers had to be retracted. Casablanca is known for the extremely high surf. We were awakened because we were sliding head to foot in bed. As this became worse we started hearing the dishes (glasses) crash to the floor in the PG above. We've never experienced any other noise from the PG in our many cruises in that location.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend that location.

Mary Ellen has been there - I would listen to her. Pinnacle Grill is only open for breakfast to some of the suites and penthouse and then lunch & dinnner.

I really can't see it being an issue myself - it's much smaller than the dining room and more sedate. JMO:D If you like the location I'd stay with it, especially with Mary Ellen's statements:)

There could be noise in the galley late in the evening as they finish serving dinner, clean up and get ready for next day......

Or there could be no noise at all.

If one goes to bed early, noise at night might be an issue.

We're in cabin 344 - hard to be too specific exactly. thanks Shar

Hi Ontario,

Yes, your cabin is directly under Pinnacle on the PRINSENDAM. From 332 to 358... all roughly under Pinnacle.

HOWEVER The Grill is only over PART of you cabin. There is a wide Promenade deck over most of your cabin... the Grill sits over that part of your cabin where the entrance door/bathroom/wardrobe is. The chaances of hearing ANYTHING from the restaurant is ZERO. Carpeted and limited hours. Don't worry.

Now... Promenade Deck is another matter. All of the cabins on your deck.. MAIN DECK are below the wraparound promemade. You MIGHt hear ssomething but I doubt it... it is not a jogging track.

Sleep tight!

Stephen

Archived